Could you tell the simulator to test the blackberry mobile web application in .NET 2.0?

Hi ,

 I have to develop a mobile web application for blackberry hand held device using asp.net mobile controls in .NET 2.0 and i am using blackberry enterprise server.

 Could you tell the simulator to test the blackberry mobile application in .NET 2.0?

 Please help me regarding this.

 Thank you.

0
frnd4u_dotnet
4/30/2008 1:42:51 PM
asp.net.mobile_devices 3052 articles. 0 followers. Follow

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/downloads/simulators.jsp

From the above URL LINK mentioned below you need to download the MDS simulator.

 This will proxy the HTTP request from one of the Blackberry device simulators to your local network.  The MDS simulator requires

Java to run.  The simulator will boot and you should be able to access the Blackberry home page with the browser and a specified URL through the browser menu (the Blackberry menu key) .  A few hints, you have to refer to local URLs (the machine  the simulator running on) by your machine name, the Blackberry simulator thinks of itself as localhost.  Also, the ASP.NET Development server will not work to host your pages, it cannot serve request to anything other than localhost apparently.  You will need to access your web app through a local IIS server.  As far as your question about the different browsers on the Blackberry devices, I thikn the ASP.NET Mobile controls are supposed to isolate you from having  to worry about that.  There is a browser configuration file you can add to your project (BrowserFile.browser) where you can put different browser capabilities. Here are some URLs that are good starting points:

1, http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/resources/dotnet.jsp

Kamran Shahid
Sr. Software Engineer
(MCP,MCAD.net,MCSD.net,MCTS,MCPD.net[web])
Netprosys Inc.
www.netprosys.com

Remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps U
0
kamii47

Access .Net 2.0 Application from .Net 2.0 Web Site
I need to populate a specific form in a .Net desktop application from a .net web application.  Is there an easy way to go about this? Hi, Based on my understanding, you want to start an executable application from your ASP.NET websit, right? We can invoke Process.Start method (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.start.aspx) to launch an executable application from ASP.NET application. Note: Please keep in mind, the ASP.NET application is running on the server, so it will start the executable application that exists in the server.   I look...

web.config problems when upgrading from .NET 2.0 Beta to .NET 2.0 release version
We uninstalled .NET 2.0 Beta and replaced it with .NET 2.0 release version.  And it messed everything up.  All applications now give weird errors indicating the lack of web.config files, despite the fact that they already have web.config files in place.  For example, the following error occurs even though the web.config file has <customErrors="Off">: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for securit...

Bad web.config in AJAX.NET 1.0 under .NET 2.0 Express
My setup is MS.NET v2.0 with the C# and Web Express editions of 2005. I also installed the AJAX 1.0 release with the respective toolkit as indicated in the AJAX.NET site. However, when I create a new project I am presented with the usual bare bones default.aspx and the web.config. However the web.config shows a lot of warnings and errors.One of them was being that the "requiredPermission" (or something like that) attribute was not recognized. Somewhere on the net there is a post of a correction to the DotNetConfig.xsd schema file in VS.2005 so I used it and it got rid of THAT warning.&n...

Open External application in .net 2.0 web application
  Hi,     I am trying to open external application from .net 2.0 web application I kept following code in button click event to open notepad application System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("c:\windows\notepad.exe", "") on running Page just refreshes and create a new instance for notepad application(notepad.exe). That I am able to see through task manager.  but notepad application is not opened Please note that the same line of code is works fine when I used in .net framework 1.1 and open me application correctly. Do I need to need to do anything with .net fram...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Clickonce deployment anyone (DW.NET 2.0 and .NET 2.0)?
I saw someone had posted a question about this already, and there were no responses. So I am hoping that this will get some. We had problems with the previous version of DW.NET 1.5 + VS2003 when attempting to deploy applications via a web server. So many problems that we eventually decided to run off a network drive (which is OK if your user base doesn't roam around the country). Anyway, we gave up on DW.NET, and started to use the datagrid control. Since then, much has changed. Our development team now has VS2005 professional and may start using DW.NET 2.0 (pending my inv...

.NET 3.0 or .NET 2.0?
I'm going to move my exiting software to .net soon. I'm just wondering if I should wait for the .NET 3.0 framework to be released or if I can start with the 2.0 now? I'd say you can go ahead and move your code to .Net 2.0 as .Net 3.0 uses the CLR version 2.0.Basically, .net 3.0 is .net 2.0 PLUS some new features for presentation (GUI), communication and workflow process.  So the compiler as well as the language features used by the 2.0 runtime will be the same in 2.0 and 3.0"Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experienc...

VS 2008 Web Application Projects targeting .NET 2.0 and AJAX 1.0
Hi! I have a problem trying to use VS 2008 Web Application Projects targeting .NET 2.0 and AJAX 1.0: I've read in one of the blogs (http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/archive/2007/07/30/using-vs-2008-to-target-asp-net-ajax-1-0.aspx) that there is a bug that makes Beta 2 recognize System.Extensions 1.0.61025.0 as a .NET 3.5 component. When I try to add a reference to it in my .NET 2.0 Web Application Project, it appears grayed out (as I believe it should). So, I there any other way to add it?I tried referencing the assembly in the web.config file, but the WAP doesn't build.Any ideas?&n...

.NET 2.0 Data Connection (.NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider)
I have installed the .NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider, in the server explorer in Visual Studio 2005 I have tried to connect to this provider but I can not see it in the list. Is there something else you need to do to see this other than what is in the instructions or is this not supported yet? Hi Dean, I assume you mean ASE ADO.NET 2.0 Beta. I'm attaching the html readme for this product that you should have from downloading it. Are you talking about using Server Explorer to see the Provider? This functionality isn't working yet and should be available on GA or shortly ...

MCTS .NET 2.0 Web applications
Hi, is there anyone that did this exams? Can he give me more information about this. I know I'm not good enough yet but what is the best way to study for this exam. I already have a job since 2 months devolping web applications. But I don't think by working a year I see what .NET 2.0 can do. So... what is the best way to study for this exam? Buying the books they recommand? site: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcts/webapps/default.mspx thnx! greetz kevin MCTS is a technology focused certification and almost all you need is in MSDN. I found these wiki topics very helpful to get the...

Web resources about - Could you tell the simulator to test the blackberry mobile web application in .NET 2.0? - asp.net.mobile_devices

Development application for Holt golf course land open for public inspection
The developers selling 350 dwellings on disused parts of the Holt golf course have submitted their development application for public inspection. ...

Samsung Unveils the Latest Application Processor, Exynos 8 Octa, Built on 14-Nanometer FinFET Process ...
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., a world leader in advanced semiconductor technology, today announced the newest member of its Exynos family of ...

MBA: Mortgage Refinance Applications Decrease in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 18% YoY ...
From the MBA: Refinance Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 1.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications fall 1.3%
Despite a sharp rise in mortgage interest rates, mortgage application volume was not affected as much as expected.

Thousands of Java applications vulnerable to nine-month-old exploit
A popular Java library has a serious vulnerability, discovered over nine months ago, that continues to put thousands of Java applications and ...

Sony Mobile, LG reportedly to develop smartphone application processors in-house
... Communications and LG Electronics reportedly will follow the steps of Apple, Samsung Electronics and Huawei to develop smartphone-use application ...