Can anybody help with Pros and Cons of .net beta 2.0 for using Mobile.Net

Hi,
      I am New to Mobile.Net, can anybody help me in deciding which framework should i use for my application .Net 1.1 Or .Net 2.0 Beta.
      Also Some guidelines about How to use it will really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Imrant

0
imrant
4/28/2005 2:13:28 PM
asp.net.mobile_devices 3052 articles. 0 followers. Follow

1.1 has a separate application for mobile controls; you create one website for your regular application and one for mobile applications.  In 2.0 beta, that bridge is crossed where you don't have to create two web sites; it uses adapters to render the controls differently in each browser (such as an  HTML browser vs. a WML browser).

Although it would be hard to sum it all up in one email, you can find more information in the MSDN or a tutorial on Microsoft or other web site.

Brian

"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4).
0
bmains
4/28/2005 3:53:44 PM
Actually there was a change about control mobility support from beta1 to beta2.  More info can be found from http://weblogs.asp.net/shankun/archive/2004/08/16/215487.aspx.  Basically the plan of supporting mobile adaptive rendering of webcontrols was postponed, but people can still continue to use the existing mobile controls available as in ASP.NET 1.0 and 1.1.
Frank

New to Mobile.Net can anybody help with Pros and Cons of beta 2.0
Hi,      I am New to Mobile.Net, can anybody help me in deciding which framework should i use for my application .Net 1.1 Or .Net 2.0 Beta.      Also Some guidelines about How to use it will really appreciated.   Thanks in advance Imran             Hey, This are the issues addressed in ASP.NET Whidbey For Desktop’ developers:No ‘special’ mobile ASP.NET development skillsSame APIs = less training, faster development timesFeatures in adapters, filters, browser-capabilities, cookie-le...

Help
I just installed Visual Web Developer 2005 Express. As part of the process, it installes .Net 2.0 beta 1. I have some other example projects I was playing with that use Web Matrix, .Net 1.1 and J# Runtime 1.1. It no longer works and I get an error when running my web services: Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: The codedom provider t...

.NET 2.0 Data Connection (.NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider)
I have installed the .NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider, in the server explorer in Visual Studio 2005 I have tried to connect to this provider but I can not see it in the list. Is there something else you need to do to see this other than what is in the instructions or is this not supported yet? Hi Dean, I assume you mean ASE ADO.NET 2.0 Beta. I'm attaching the html readme for this product that you should have from downloading it. Are you talking about using Server Explorer to see the Provider? This functionality isn't working yet and should be available on GA or shortly ...

vs.net 2002/2003 using .net framework 2.0 beta?
Can the Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2002 / 2003 using .net framework 2.0 beta? if can how todo?Thank You--some funny homemade software,http://www.geocities.com/lhcsoft2004/my software grouphttp://groups.yahoo.com/group/LauHanChingSoftware/ It cannot... as far as I know. how about change the "requiredRuntime version" value inside the devenv.exe.config file? can this work?Thank You--some funny homemade software,http://www.geocities.com/lhcsoft2004/my software grouphttp://groups.yahoo.com/group/LauHanChingSoftware/ Sorry, no.  Visual Studio .NET 2005 is required for the 2.0 .NET Fra...

web.config problems when upgrading from .NET 2.0 Beta to .NET 2.0 release version
We uninstalled .NET 2.0 Beta and replaced it with .NET 2.0 release version.  And it messed everything up.  All applications now give weird errors indicating the lack of web.config files, despite the fact that they already have web.config files in place.  For example, the following error occurs even though the web.config file has <customErrors="Off">: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for securit...

.NET v1.1 SP1 and .NET 2.0 beta 2
Hi all I want to install VWD and .NET 2.0 beta 2 on the same machine that I am using Delphi.NET and .NET v1.1 SP1. I am considering jumping from Delphi to C# and this is an ideal way to do it. I do however have too many web applications on the v1.1 framework that are published on servers that do not support 2.0 as yet. Can these 2 versions of the framework co-exist so I can carry on in Delphi with existing sites but start new ones in VWD? I did take the chance on one of my machines and both VWD and Delphi seem to compile their respective web apps okay. I have not tested deplo...

How can i upgrade my project from .net 2.0 to .net 3.0
I have been developing my project in .net 2.0 and and its already deployed for testing. Its not yet in use but its already deployed for testing purposes. Then i realised that i already have .net 3.0 installed both on my developement computer and on our production sever posiibly through these microsoft updates because i did not install .net 3.0 manually, i just found them in the installed programs. So how can i configure this project and all the applications that i will develop in future to use .net 3.0 instead of 2.0 that iam currently using. Basically what i want to do is move my applicati...

Error with using .Net 3.0 instead of .Net 2.0
Hi,  I have recently made a website in microsoft visual web developer 2005.  When I have uploaded my site to my host I am having trouble.  when I visit the page www.amcnewzealand.co.nz I get an error message.  My web hosting company does not support .net 3.0 but instead use .net 2.0.  My website is made with file extensions .aspx.  I am usure how to tell what version of .net I am using and wether this is the only cause.  At first there was a 403 error occuring. Help would be much appreciated as I have been struggling with this for some time. The version...

useing System.Net.Mail in Net 2.0
Useing C# and VWD enviroment with the Test server in VWD. Code for Mail does not work in 2.0, get an error like this:  System.Net.Mail.SmtpException was unhandled by user code Message="Failure sending mail." Source="System" line 42 which is the smtp.Send(email) line. Code for the old way in 1.1 works just fine, here is what I use (email is bogus for this) The commented line are for Net 1.1 which works. Any ideas what I need to do? Thanks using System.Net.Mail;//using System.Web.Mail; protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)  {  ERMessag...

Web resources about - Can anybody help with Pros and Cons of .net beta 2.0 for using Mobile.Net - asp.net.mobile_devices

Wanna Get Rid Of Donald Trump? Here’s How You Can ‘Suffocate’ Him
Just recently, an app that filters any mention of the Kardashian -Jenner clan on people’s newsfeed made its debut. Now, it seems that some people ...

Police And Soldiers Had An Orgy During A Belgian Anti-ISIS Terror Lockdown
It is alleged that two policewomen and eight soldiers had in a sex party at a police station in Brussels in November.The policewomen and soldiers ...

Mother of US 'affluenza' teen arrives back in US
A Texas woman accused of helping her teenage son flee the US in violation of his probation for killing four people while driving drunk arrived ...

Steam Confirms 34k User Details Revealed In DoS
Valve had stepped forward to provide an explanation concerning the Christmas Day snafu , where it involved Steam users being greeted by information ...

Obama 'Drives' With Seinfeld for a Coffee at the White House
NBCNews.com Obama 'Drives' With Seinfeld for a Coffee at the White House NBCNews.com President Barack Obama has been labeled one of America's ...

Mayor of Chicago Announces Measures to Curb Use of Deadly Force by the Police
New York Times Mayor of Chicago Announces Measures to Curb Use of Deadly Force by the Police New York Times CHICAGO — Under intense pressure ...

Apple agrees to pay £234m to settle Italian tax dispute - Business - The Guardian
Corporation tax deal follows Apple Italia’s alleged failure to declare earnings in Italy but settlement is thought to be one-third of the estimated ...

California Shooter's Friend Indicted on Gun, Terror Charges
Indictment of man tied to California shooters alleges weapons deception, terror conspiracy

Discovery of '800-year-old mobile phone' sends conspiracy theorists into overdrive
Bizarre 'ancient mobile phone' claim causes theories about time travel and alien visits to go viral.

Nets: 'Pray' for Cleanthony Early and remember, he was the victim
New York Post Nets: 'Pray' for Cleanthony Early and remember, he was the victim New York Post Jarrett Jack said though Cleanthony Early wasn't ...