ASP.NET Mobile Web Application to support Basic data mobile devices as well as Enhanced Data Mobile Device

Hi

I am developing  ASP.NET Website for  mobile support.   I have to support my website "Basic Data Mobile devices"(devices that have a medium-size screen : 120x120 & 240x240 pixels), menu or icon based navigation via a thumb wheel or cursor and which offer access to e-mail, address book, SMS and a basic web browser(ied java based mobile phones with a web browser and some PDA functionality) as well as "Enhanced data mobile device" (240 x 120 pixels).

While building such mobile web site what all are things I have to take care and any emulator available for testing my website for  basic data mobile devices in VS.

Thanks in Advance

SHAJI

0
shajipd
7/27/2007 11:05:15 AM
asp.net.mobile_devices 3052 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi SHAJI,

There is Windows Mobile emulator come with Visual Studio 2005. You can start the Device Emulator from Tools->Connect To Device-><pick one emulator from the list> ->Connect if you have the feature installed. You can test it with Windows Mobile Smartphone and Windows Mobile Pocket PC.

Zhao Ji Ma
Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
0
Zhao
7/31/2007 5:44:44 AM

Thanks for the reply..... What are things I have to take care while developing application to support both devices.   Both devices support same type rendering ?

 thanks in advance

shaji

0
shajipd
7/31/2007 5:56:25 AM

shaji,

If you need new versions of device emulator images, please download and install the new Windows Mobile SDK. For details of IE Mobile, you can check this article:

IE Mobile Standards Support

Zhao Ji Ma
Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
0
Zhao

Backcolor to mobile:link in mobile web form in mobile .net site
Hello every one  How to set back ground color to mobile: link in mobile web formI used backcolor property but doesn't work. Help me.Thank you.. ...

What is the best Data Access Method for a .NET Mobile Web Application?
What i want is to retrieve information from a distributed database and display the data on a handphone, meaning that retrieving data through the air. So should i use ADO.NET ? XML ? or other better ways? thanks Hi, Data access in .NET Mobile Form is similar to that of ASP.NET Web Forms. So there is no special design crietria needed to be followed. You may very well use the same dataset, dataadapter'sVinodh Kumar Microsoft MVP|Author|Arch www.dotnetforce.com Force Behind .NET _________________________________________ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,...

Depolying mobile web application in Window Mobile Device 6.1
hi I have Window Vista Operating System. I am using Asp.net 2005. I implemented asp.net mobile web applicatioin Now I want to test my Blackberry Perl mobile how i can check with Window Mobile Device 6.1 ? Hi, I'm not sure what's your question is but, you can test both mobile devices using there SDKs that contain device emulation debuging + stand alone device emulation. Using them you can test the look & feel of your site on both PDA's.   Good luck. Thanks for your replyactually I want to do like thisI implement asp.net mobile web application, now i want to ...

Difference between mobile web applications and standard web applications + mobile web forms in them ?
I have a series of existing sites, but I need to make a PPC version of them (there already is one, but it uses standard web forms). Since the code-behind looks a lot in the PC and in the PPC version, I'd like both versions to use the same files for the code. I'm left with 2 options : - either create a new mobile web application for each existing web application, and put all the code behind in .dlls which I'll call from each page ; - or, if this is possible (and I'd rather do it), simply add mobile web forms to the existing web applications and redirect at login to the appropriate ve...

Using .Net web pages in mobile devices
Hi, 1)I have a ASP.Net web page and i would like to port it for mobile devices like PDA and Smartphones. Is it necessary that i have to re-write the application in Mobile web application? If so, what is the advantage? 2) If i have to convert the web page to Mobile web application page, is it enough that i convert the usercontrols and the aspx pages to Mobile user controls and mobile web forms and use mobile controls in these pages? 3)Is it necessary that all the controls in the mobile web forms should be 'mobile controls'? 4)What is the mobile control available corresponding to the tab...

Mobile web forms does not work on old mobile devices!
Hi, I am using mobile web forms in .Net to create pages that can be displayed on mobile devices.I want my page to work on all kinds of mobile phones however, the page can not be viewed on certain devices such as old nokias.There must be a way that I don't know to make the mobile form with some style sheet (vital element for me) to be viewable in old devices. Does anyone have any idea about this? Please Please Please let me know. I can say it's kinda urgent !!!Thanks leila:I want my page to work on all kinds of mobile phones however, the page can not be viewed on certain devices su...

Why mobile controls
I see a lot of discussion here on the mobile controls for wireless/pdas etc. Most of the modern devices (browsers) on the market today support XHTML/HTML so why continue to go down the mobile controls route? Why not build small footprint pages using regular web form controls? I realize there is a compatability issue with older devices that only support wml but what if campatability with older (>2/3 years) didn't matter? MS even dropped support for mobile forms from VS2008 so my guess is this is their thinking also. Love to know what peoples thoughts are on this and what direction the...

Is mobile web application support subsonic or ADO.net?
Hi, plz tell me Is mobile web application support subsonic or ADO.net to connect with Databse? plz help me i connect db with subsonic but i failed to connect. plz give me some code too for example? Thanx in advanced, ParhiyarThe best and most important Thing in this world is to help others so that then GOD Helps u!! So keep help Others!!!!! Yes it support ado.net .Let us see your code  Kamran ShahidSr. Software Engineer(MCP,MCAD.net,MCSD.net,MCTS,MCPD.net[web])Netprosys Inc.www.netprosys.comRemember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps U thanx kami for reply ...

How Many Types of Mobile devices are there and which .net Compact framework support
I am completely newbie to mobile application development.Could any body give me a good link to mobile application development using  .net compact framework.Also Please Give me the information about How Many Types of Mobile devices/technologies are currently there in the market and on which .net Compact framework is supported.Kamran ShahidSr. Software Engineer(MCP,MCAD.net,MCSD.net,MCTS,MCPD.net[web])Netprosys Inc.www.netprosys.comRemember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps U...

How do i detect the mobile phone languages support in mobile web application
Im currently develop mobile web application using asp.net and vb.net as a program coding. So, in the mobile web application, how do i detect whether the user mobile phone can support chinese character or other language character.? can someone provide some of the example of the program code? You can check HTTP headers sent by mobile device. Correct name should be Accept-Language. Request.Headers["Accept-Language"] should return you list of languages supported by device WAP browser.Gunnar Peipman-- General Protection Fault-- Illegal Page Fault-- Not My Fault...

Is it possible to create mobile application in .net for sony eriction/nokia mobile ?
Hello friends,  I want to know that is it possible to create mobile application in .net (vb.net/C#.net/Asp.net) for sony eriction/nokia mobile ? If yes, please give me any reference that how to create it ? any book or reference. If no, please give me any idea that how to do that ?  Thanks, Rupendra Bensh No, those phone platforms are generally running Symbian. If you want to write mobile applications for them you'll normally be writing in J2ME or something similar. Hi Rupendra, It also depends a bit on what your application should do - maybe you can build your applica...

How to disable and enable session state for more than one mobile devices in mobile web?
Im developing a mobile web, since asp.net could be used on various type of mobile devices(mobile phone, PDA), so i am wondering whether can i disable session state for PDA and enable session state for other non-cookie support mobile devices? Meaning that in the web config file , i wish to have both disable , enable configuration...is it possible? thanks Maybe you can do this kind of an initialization when Session starts. But, basically, I see no point of your question. If you know that you may have visitors with devices that doesn't support cookies, then you have to use cookieless sessions...

.net mobile web application
 Hi...I wanted to do a project in mobile .net application. I have installed visual web developer 2008 Express but couldn't find mobile forms.So should I have to have Visual Studio . Net Inorder to have mobile application?Does anyother version of web developer has mobile support application?please help me out    In VS 2005 Mobile web application templates exists. But in VS 2008 they removed it...please go through the link below for further clarifications.. download and add the templates....better you can go for Visual Studio...  http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/arch...

Web application to mobile devices
Hi, I currently developed an asp.net web aaplication and was wondering if it is possible to deploy it to mobile devices like handphones. Can anybody give me directions? tutorials or any code samples would be appreciated....

Web Application on Mobile Device
Is it viable to build a web based application using sql server ce completely on a ce.net device? I want to build a web based application running completely on a ce.net device, but curious if this is even worth it....

Web resources about - ASP.NET Mobile Web Application to support Basic data mobile devices as well as Enhanced Data Mobile Device - asp.net.mobile_devices

Would you give up chocolate for better application performance?
Application performance is critical to business performance according to 98 percent of businesses, yet 89 percent of executives say the poor ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 29% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 1.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

Digitimes Research: China touch panel makers increasing investments in niche products and large-size ...
The China International Touchscreen Exhibition (C-Touch) was recently held in Shenzhen, China, featuring a number of local and international ...