.net application Xp vs Windows Mobile / CE

Hi,

 Will it be possible to run / deploy the application that you created in Windows xp prof 2.0 / 3.0 to work just fine with computers that window mobile 5.0 or ce .net edition?

REgards

0
saqib_dotnet
3/8/2009 7:41:56 AM
asp.net.mobile_devices 3052 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If you are talking about winforms application then it's not possible.

if it a webapplication it's possible, just the code should address the mobile device limitations, desktop computers will cope the mobile page with no problems.

0
e_kreda
3/8/2009 1:57:36 PM

So you mean to say I cant be able to call webservices from winforms in either windows ce / mobile eidtion.

I can only be able to write .aspx pages?

BTW: The mobile device is also a small computer but can only run ce / mobile. Its not a smartphone / pda

0
saqib_dotnet
3/8/2009 3:33:16 PM

Hi saqib,

The application developed for desktop can't run on device, but the reverse can run.

 I have repied you in the thread:

http://forums.asp.net/t/1394287.aspx

Please check it.

Best regards,
Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

Guang

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003
hi how can i convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003 and how i know that the application is made in vs.net 2002 and not in vs.net 2003 and thank for your time VS.NEt 2003 detects 2002 project format automatically when you try to open 2002 project with it. It also asks you if the project needs to be converted into 2003 format (if I remember right conversion must be done to use the project in 2003). If you say yes, it does the conversion and you don't have to do anything. Note that VS.NEt 2002 can't open 2003 projects.Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU thank you for your...

DataWindow .NET for Windows CE .NET
It is possible to use DataWindow .NET for Windows CE .NET? When I create a Smart Device Application project for Visual C#, I can't see the Datawindow .NET controls (DW control, Datastore,...). ...

Vb.Net Console Application vs. Windows Application
What is the difference between creating a Console Application in Vb.Net and a Windows Application in VB.Net? one runs on the command line and the other in a windows interface. so what's the real question?RTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unreadableJason Brown - MVP, IIS...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

DataWindow .NET for Windows CE .NET #2
It is possible to use DataWindow .NET for Windows CE .NET? When I create a Smart Device Application project for Visual C#, I can't see the Datawindow .NET controls (DW control, Datastore,...). No, it is not possible. DW .NET has an unmanaged code layer that is not applicable to CE .NET. On 31 Jan 2005 04:01:10 -0800, nagyj wrote: >It is possible to use DataWindow .NET for Windows CE .NET? >When >I create a Smart Device Application project for Visual C#, I >can't >see the Datawindow .NET controls (DW control, >Datastore,...). Checkout Sybase'...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003 #2

how to convert .Net CF application to .Net framework on windows
hi all,    I want to convert .NET Compact Frameworkd application to .NET framework application on windows. Can anybody help me how to do this. thanks Hi, Hope this helps, please read through it all and it will give you the answer. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/bb495180.aspxPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Check out http://www.dgwebit.co.uk...

VS .Net 2003 remote web project, windows xp & windows server 2003 setup
Hi everyone, I have a windows server 2003 setup as a server with IIS 6 & VS 2003 .Net I created an account programmatically for a user with frontpage extensions 2002. The accont works fine when using VS Studion .Net 2003 on the server machine however when I try to create a web project using a windows xp client machine with VS .Net 2003 it fails with a combination of "this user is not a member of the author group" (the user is setup as an administrator on the server and also has administrator front page author privilege) & the user has correct inheritable privileges on th...

VS.NET 2003 to VS.Net 2005
Hi   I just converetd my VS.Net 2003 project to VS.NET 2005 using the convert wizard in Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project. It compiled with no build errors and a few warnings. When Iam trying to view the project, then it gives me 404 error. Can someone help ? Thanks Could you confirm you are using WAP (Web Application Projects) versus the built-in WSP (Web Site model)? If you have a project file after converting, then you are using WAP. Could you post the actual 404 error you got? Also, did you set your start page in the converted project?  -Mike-...

Vs.Net 2002 and Vs.Net 2003
Hello: I've one question that keeps messing with my head, I want to know if you have: 1. VS.Net 2002 with Framework 1.0 and 1.1 in the same PC, which Framework it compiles apps for? 2. VS.Net 2003 with Framework 1.0 and 1.1 in the same PC, which Framework it compiles apps for? Is it possible to have an app compiled for framework 1.0 that uses DLLs or assemblies compiled for framework 1.1???? and still work ok?? thanks a lot....

Wrting scripts in .Net with .Net Framework 1.1 on Windows XP
Hi, I wrote a class that has a method declared to handle the authenticate_user event. I have added the connection script in the ASA 9 database with the following command: ml_add_dnet_connection_script( 'default','authenticate_user', 'myNamespace.myClass.myMethod' ) The connection script appears correct in the database: I am starting the Mobilink Server by dbmlsrv9 -c "dsn=DatabaseName" -o MyLog.log -v+ -dl -sl dnet ( -MLAutoLoadPath=c:\assembly ) (I have also tried to use a configuration file) When I do start the Mobilink server I got the...

threading in windows application (vs.net 2003)
In a windows application i am using threads. Everything looks fine. Problem: I want my one thread to execute continously for 8 hrs.(In this thread, user input is required thru a device, and the system returns the result) But after 10 mins the response time goes very high. Application goes very slow. And after some more time it freezes.  Sanjeev Sharma Software EngineerBlog This site is only ASP.NET.  You'll have better luck getting your questions about Windows applications answered in the MSDN Windows Forms forums.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark...

Web resources about - .net application Xp vs Windows Mobile / CE - asp.net.mobile_devices

Pre-Christmas job application rush hits Australian public service
Speed required for pre-Christmas job window opening for public servants. Check out who is hiring.

Cloud application adoption increases 71 percent in 2015
The adoption of cloud applications is soaring, up by 71 percent in the last year according to the results of a new survey. The latest Cloud ...

NASA is accepting astronaut applications, and this quiz will tell you if you qualify
... gone before, then you might want to sign up to be a NASA astronaut. On Dec. 14, for the first time in four years, NASA began accepting applications. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 34% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 1.1 percent from one week earlier, ...

SMIC and M31 introduce differentiated IP solutions for storage controller applications
China-based IC foundry Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMIC) has announced the company will expand its IP portfolio with M31 Technology's ...

Pre-K Applications Begin Jan 25, a Month Earlier Than Last Year, City Says
The DOE has moved the process up to Jan. 25 on the heels of a similar schedule shift for kindergarten. MANHATTAN — The application period for ...

NASA accepting applications for the position of 'astronaut'
Wanted ads aren't usually newsworthy, unless the company is NASA and the job is "going to space." The US space agency has started recruiting ...

Apple Patent Application Hints at Waterproof iPhone
The patent application describes special rubber ports over headphone and other openings to protect them from water coming in.