vb .net or c# .net

I currently develop websites using php but have been requested to develop a site using asp.net.  The question I have is for someone who knows php would it be better to transition to vb.net or c#.net?

Thanks,
Fr. Robert
0
frrobert2
3/18/2005 8:05:44 PM
asp.net.migrating-from-php 286 articles. 0 followers. Follow

C# -> There is a converter that will transition about 60% or more of your PHP code to C#. Plus C# is closer to PHP than VB.NET.
Jason N. Gaylord
ASPInsider and Microsoft MVP
http://jasongaylord.com
0
j_gaylord

Migrate code from vb.net to C#.net
Hello friends, I had created a web site using visual studio 2005. web site was created using the language vb i.e. VB.net. Now as per the clint requirement I have to migrate all the code in C#. So the question is that is there any tool or any inbuild utility in Visual Stuidio so that we can migrate the site from vb.net to C#.net. Or we have to do it mannually i.e. by changing each and every line of code mannually? Kindly suggest me. Thanks & Regards Girish NehteThanks & RegardsGirish NehteIf This post helps you to solve your problem please mark this as an answer. Hi, at the mome...

How to migrate code from vb.net to c#.net?
Hi all,If anybody knows information on migration of VB.Net application to C#.net. i.e Any tools available, best practices, methodology for estimation. etc.   RegardsHelen    Hey, Take a look at this topic http://forums.asp.net/t/1100603.aspxMaybe some of these sites can be of help to you.  Arnold you can do it by page by page just copy and paste ur page in the following link http://labs.developerfusion.co.uk/convert/vb-to-csharp.aspx and convert ur vb.net to c# gotcha!!YasserSpica.www.spica.aewww.bncnetwork.netPlease remember to mark as answers i...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

VB.Net To C#.Net

C#.NET or VB.NET

use of vb.net and c#.net

vb.net and c#.net same app
Been asked before, but... If I build a c# web app and someone builds a vb.net desktop app, can they communicate? and can you develop against it...ie..in my c# web app, can I add the vb.net desktop app as a reference? or at least make calls to it? web apps or desktop apps can contain components created in either language. i have a web solution that contains 4 projects. One of the projects is C# the others are VB.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ Thanks...that is what I was looking for ...

Difference Between VB.Net And C#.Net
 hi friends,Please tell me the key difference between the Vb.Net And C#.Net..wheather vb.net supports operator overloading..Thanks & Regards,Pravin Kumar T.   Regards,Pravin Kumar T. pravin_thanusu:Please tell me the key difference between the Vb.Net And C#.Net.. Neither are ASP.NET so you probably want a different forum.  You'll also find your answers at Microsoft.com. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.  >Please tell me the k...

Converting from vb.net to c#.net
Hello I have recently purchased VBGolds RawDataPrinter which should allow users to print directly to label printers on our network directly from a c# web form.  Unfortunately they only supply vb.net examples and I have need of c#.  The component has been installed on our web server.  This is some code that they have supplied as examples in vb.net   "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >"Head1" runat="server&qu...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

is it true, that vb.net is a wrapper to c#.net.??
is it true, that vb.net is a wrapper to c#.net.?? can anyone validate that? and if so, what source? Thanx Kamran Sorathia No, it is not true. See this: Programming Languages (Designing Distributed Applications with Visual Studio .NET) http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vsent7/html/vxconProgrammingLanguages.asp These languages are mainly equal, though they do have differences mainly related to what their compiler does and what the corresponding dev team at MS has had in mind when they've though out the features. Both languages have t...

Web resources about - vb .net or c# .net - asp.net.migrating-from-php

Welcome - Net Objectives Net Objectives - Scrum Agile Training & Agile Development - TDD, Agile Scrum ...
Deliver value to your customers faster. NetObjectives.com is the industry leader in agile scrum training, scrum methodology, lean agile training, ...

經濟通 ET Net- 港股財經基金投資- 免費即時股票報價 HK Free Real Time Stock Quote
Copyright 2012 ET Net Limited. http://www.etnet.com.hk ET Net Limited, HKEx Information Services Limited, its Holding Companies and/or any Subsidiaries ...

.NET Framework - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the Microsoft technology. For the top-level domain , see .net . For other uses, see .NET . The .NET Framework (pronounced ...

Net loss: First Nations fisheries threatened by climate change, study says
First Nations communities that have fished along Canada’s Pacific coast for thousands of years could have their catches nearly cut in half by ...

WPP, AwesomenessTV Lead $27 Million Investment in Hispanic Video Net Mit
WPP has found another digital video network to cozy up to. Already an investor in Fullscreen, the agency holding company has joined DreamWorks ...

Some Rugrats Will Suit Up for Tonight’s Brooklyn Nets Game
It’s going to be an especially fun time tonight at Barclays Center. The Brooklyn Nets home game against the Portland Trailblazers is doubling ...

Today’s apps gone free: DayGram, Mystery Word Town, Net Status and more
Start a diary, practice spelling, and check on the status of your network devices with todays collection of apps and games. All app prices are ...

After Prokhorov's shakeup, where do the Brooklyn Nets go from here?
Billy King has been reassigned and Lionel Hollins has been let go. The roster is a mess and the team owes its draft picks in multiple years. ...

ITC Works Best When Paired With Net Metering
... — as part of the gargantuan omnibus spending bill that keeps our government running. This [&hellip ITC Works Best When Paired With Net Metering ...

‘Net Zero’ Progress: 8 Years Later And The Military’s Green Energy Plan Is Still ‘Unrealistic’ And ‘Cost ...
‘Net Zero’ Progress: 8 Years Later And The Military’s Green Energy Plan Is Still ‘Unrealistic’ And ‘Cost Prohibitive’