PHP compiler for .NET - easy migration

If you are familiar with PHP and consider switching to ASP.NET, you may want to check out Phalanger - PHP compiler for .NET Framework. With Phalanger, you may:

  • Keep your PHP code base and run it under Phalanger instead of the standard PHP interpreter. This will bring you a significant performance improvement (compiled code versus interpretation) and in addition, you will get access to the entire class library (BCL) available on .NET.

  • Start writing ASP.NET pages taking advantage of the entire ASP.NET framework - master pages, authentication, user controls etc., but use PHP as the code-behind language.

    <%@ Page Language="PHP" ... %>

Visit the Phalanger project at
http://www.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?ProjectName=Phalanger

Binaries as well as source code is available for download (shared source license).
0
ladaprosek
7/21/2006 4:19:01 PM
asp.net.migrating-from-php 286 articles. 0 followers. Follow

That is pretty cool. I will check it out. If it works well I will spread the word about it.

Cheers,
       Kevin Jones

0
vcsjones

PHP to .NET Migration Criteria
I'm guessing this is the area where I can find people who have recently switched from PHP to .NET, or are at least in the process of migrating. I have some questions for you: What criteria was used in deciding to migrate to .NET? Can you cite any reference material used to make your decision? What was the deciding factor (or factors) used in the decision making process? We currently have 3 platforms for development - ColdFusion-40%, PHP-40%, .NET-20%. Obviously, we need to consolidate on one platform for the future. Thanks! Hi FifthLegion, Currently in my organization we are ...

How to run .net files after migration from PHP
i m new to both asp.net and php.....i have converted my php files to asp.net using the php to asp.net migrator....now how to run the asp.net files? here is an example asp.net code...(After convertion)<%    // Check availability of Casual Leave start        //CONVERSION_WARNING: Method 'explode' was converted to 'System.String.Split' which has a different behavior. Copy this link in your browser for more info: ms-its:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Corporation\PHP to ASP.NET Migration Assistant\PHPToAspNet.chm::/explode.htm  &nbs...

Dot.Net Migration of Powerbuilder and our software migration
Hi everybody, At this point, we are at a crossroad in our software developpement. We work with powerbuilder since 1997 and follow all evolutions of it. And, now, we are preparing to get the road, with sybase, of Dot.Net technology, and, we study which is the better manner to do that. Currently our conclusions distinguish 2 main way : - First, rewrinting our framework and our sofware with datawindow.net technology. Visual Studio 2005 is a very good ans stable IDE, the integration of datawindows.net is really good, but it's a very hard work time for it. - Second, f...

Migrate code from vb.net to C#.net
Hello friends, I had created a web site using visual studio 2005. web site was created using the language vb i.e. VB.net. Now as per the clint requirement I have to migrate all the code in C#. So the question is that is there any tool or any inbuild utility in Visual Stuidio so that we can migrate the site from vb.net to C#.net. Or we have to do it mannually i.e. by changing each and every line of code mannually? Kindly suggest me. Thanks & Regards Girish NehteThanks & RegardsGirish NehteIf This post helps you to solve your problem please mark this as an answer. Hi, at the mome...

How to migrate code from vb.net to c#.net?
Hi all,If anybody knows information on migration of VB.Net application to C#.net. i.e Any tools available, best practices, methodology for estimation. etc.   RegardsHelen    Hey, Take a look at this topic http://forums.asp.net/t/1100603.aspxMaybe some of these sites can be of help to you.  Arnold you can do it by page by page just copy and paste ur page in the following link http://labs.developerfusion.co.uk/convert/vb-to-csharp.aspx and convert ur vb.net to c# gotcha!!YasserSpica.www.spica.aewww.bncnetwork.netPlease remember to mark as answers i...

Migrating from VS.NET 2003 to VS.NET 2008
 We are getting ready to start migrating all our applications from Visual Studio 2003 to Visual Studio 2008. Is anyone aware of any direct conversion issues? Also. a lot of our 1.1 apps use datatables as the datasource can we still do this in 2008? Yes you can.I have done some migration between 1.1 and 2.0 and there were some small issues but in general most of the things worked fine.For example Microsoft has changed the html validator in Visual Studio.also some events works a little different. If you share session cookie between some 1.1 and 2.0 (or) later apps you have to do so...

Migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi All, Well i hoped that the migrating went smoother then is does so far. I had a few problem which i could fix with blogs from other developers, but i didn't find a good solution for this problem. Somehow i get the following error: "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'Inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class" Well i worked very good before the migration. Some advise would be very welcome! Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. Maybe this post will hel...

Migration from .net Version 1.4 to .net 2005
Hello sir, I am a beginner in .net programming, i have a problem pls help me to sort out this the question is given below. A web application developed using c#.net version 1.4 while converting this application into .net 2005, what happens to "project name.DLL" and "projectname.PDB", Is this file not required Thanks in advance alex malayil   Hi Alex, By default with VS 2005 Web Site Projects, a projectname.dll file isn't created when you do a build.  Instead, you should select the Build->Publish Web Site menu option to compile and generate a built solution. Hope this ...

Migration VS.Net 2003 to VS.Net 2005
I want to migrate to framework 2.0.Questions :1) Can i use Vs.Net 2005 and framework 2.0 with Sql Server 2000 ? or must i migrate too 2005 2) I read in some forums there is some problem to migrate vs.net 2003 solutions/project to 2005, It's right ?3) Is it necessery to modify a lot of c# code (deprecate, ...) ?4) Can i work both Vs.Net2003 framework 1.1 ans Vs.net 2005 framework 2.0 on the same development machine ?Thanks. Patrick Ducret Hi, 1) Yes you can. You can use SQL2000 from .NET 2.0 as you did from .NET 1.x. SQL2005 just has some additional features to offer. 2) It can be if...

.net and php
Hi, our group has a web application due as a term project. Thing is, my friends know php and I know DOT NET, I want to do my stuff in dot net. Is there any way that we can create a multi lingual website, one that is being hosted by seekdotnet.com. Is this plausible? And if yes, what kind of changes will I need to do? Havea look at Phalanger: http://www.php-compiler.net/doku.php Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site Theoreticaly you can do that, cause each web page is independent by itself, even if there is a communication between pages and each others you can pass values as query...

Phalanger
First beta of Phalanger v2.0 has just been released. Among other things, it adds PHP to the set of ASP.NET code-behind languages. Phalanger can be downloaded including sources (shared source license) at:http://www.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?ProjectName=Phalanger...

not able to post to news.php.net php.general ng
xpsp3, TB latest I subscribed to news.php.net php.general ng and could get several past messages but I composed a query and tried to post, but it is giving "sending of message failed". all settings in this mozilla server and php server are same, other than the names of server and ngs. port 119, Use Default Server for outgoing SMTP. What to do? Do I need an account on some server to post to this? I have aioe account. Should I use that? -- V V S Rawat keyboarded, On 8/5/2008 10:36 AM : > xpsp3, TB latest > > I subscribed to news.php.net php.general ng ...

Migration issues from VS.Net 2003 to VS.Net 2005
I have a ASP.Net 1.x web application developed using VS 2003. The language used for this application is VB.Net. When I tried to migrate to VS 2005 I am getting the list of errors and warnings as shown below. I have been trying the migration in a new machine which does not have VS 2003.  List of Error:  1. Expression of type 'String' can never be of type 'System.DBNull'.   List of Warnings: 1. The referenced component 'CDONTS' could not be found.   2. Cannot load type library for reference "CDONTS". Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80...

PHP and .NET
Hello We sometimes use .NET and sometimes use PHP depending on the customer, generally .NET for the bigger customers.  I've noticed that quite often PHP pages seem to be a lot more responsive than .NET pages in that they load so much faster - but when looking at the trace for a .NET page the time to load is generally quite insignificant.  Is it because it's going through IIS?  Is it because PHP is a lot lighter than .NET code?  Has anyone else experienced this in the past? I'd be interested to see how others rate the performance between the two?www.internetgeeks.co.ukww...

PHP.Net
Who would have thought... http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=48906 Is there really a use for anything out side of the realm of .NET anymore at least in the business application world?View My Blog Download My URL Rewriter and Reverse ProxyOnly $9.95/month, ASP.NET, 2GB & SQL 2005 Yes, actually there is. Business Applications that are stand alone are perfect for the .net framework's languages and features, but most of the larger business applications are still written in Java and c++. Also, ifyou need to work with Integration, COM is still the desired solution since ...

Web resources about - PHP compiler for .NET - easy migration - asp.net.migrating-from-php

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pope Francis urges review of migration laws to welcome refugees
... and indifferent to the tragedies facing humanity. Vatican City: Pope Francis on Tuesday called on countries to review their laws on migration ...

Paris deal considers climate change role in mass migration
Global warming has already contributed to the the large-scale displacement of people that has been an ominous, politically sensitive undercurrent ...

EU-Turkey summit to center on stemming migration flow
EU-Turkey summit to center on stemming migration flow

Security is a major concern for cloud migrations
... Moreover, 40 percent worry about the loss of physical control over data in the cloud. In particular, 69 percent of companies fear migration ...

Christian Charities Combat Resistance to Muslim Migration
The Obama administration intends to bring 10,000 Syrian refugees, almost all Muslim, to the U.S. in FY 2016 unless Congress rejects funding. ...

Huawei, Telefonica Partner on Enterprises Cloud Migration
The first countries where the enterprise cloud service will be deployed are Brazil, Mexico and Chile during the first quarter of 2016.

High skilled migration and global innovation
... using a multi-country endogenous growth model. The proposed framework introduces and quantifies a “frontier growth effect” of skilled migration: ...

Site Redesign & Migration Tips To Avoid SEO & UX Disasters
Planning to overhaul your website? Check out contributor Modestos Siotos' tips to help you minimize the potential negative impact of a site relaunch. ...

Mass Migration of Muslims to U.S. Mostly a Mirage
Contrary to Donald Trump's claims, immigrants from Muslims countries constitute a paltry percentage of the total number coming into the U.S. ...