Converting from PHP/MySQL to .NET/SQL Server

Hello

W are looking to convert several applications to .NET using SQL Server. I see where the migration assistant can be of great help with most of the code. I was wondering what would be the best approach to covert the SQL database syntax from MYSQL to SQL Server
Thanks in advance for your help!
Dave
0
jazzman78
3/31/2004 11:02:00 AM
asp.net.migrating-from-php 286 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It depends on how you would like to do it.

There are a few ways to go about it:
A) Convert all applicable SQL to stored procedures.
B) Convert most, but not all (some might be difficult) to stored procedures and leave the rest as they are.
C) Leave them all.
If you pick (C) it's just a matter getting the code right.
If you do any stored procedures, you need to learn the syntax behind them (a little different). The code to use them is pretty straight forward.
Picky
0
pickyh3d
4/4/2004 11:53:36 PM
Well, in MySQL there are no Stored Procedures (unless you're using Version 5.0.0a which is still in Alpha)...

So I guess you can choose between C and C.
www.codingmayhem.com - VB.NET, C#, Silverlight, Javascript, HTML, CSS, T-SQL, MySQL and SQLite
www.headshotgamer.com - Gaming News and Reviews
0
andrewphq
8/21/2004 1:32:03 AM
Note the keyword: to
Picky
0
pickyh3d
8/21/2004 4:53:23 AM
If you are using MySQL out of the box your  SQL will be mostly OUTER JOIN while in SQL Server you will use mostly INNER JOIN because there is no DRI(declarative referential integrity) in MySQL but SQL Server has one.   The create table statements will not be difficult because you can enable DRI in SQL Server Enterprise manager and go to Query Analyzer Object browser and script it.  Hope this helps.
Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
0
Caddre

Data Sharing between PHP & .NET APPs SQL Server
We are working with a company and want to send nightly data feeds back in forth.  One application is written in .net the other PHP both with SQL Server backends.  Just looking for recommendations on the best way to exchange data on a nighly process without having to manually invoke anything and without giving direct access to the databases.  Thanks Are you trying to sync up the databases so they match? I am not clear on what you want to do. But if you are trying to update 2 databases to keep them the same, look up SQL Replication. You can make the data sync when ever a cha...

Convert PHP to .Net
Can any options have for convert PHP to .Net. My Client Wants that.... Viggneshwar Try this migration tool.. http://www.asp.net/downloads/archived/migration-assistants/php-to-aspnet/ PHP to ASP.NET migration guide http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336639.aspxMy Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right."...

PHP to .NET Migration Criteria
I'm guessing this is the area where I can find people who have recently switched from PHP to .NET, or are at least in the process of migrating. I have some questions for you: What criteria was used in deciding to migrate to .NET? Can you cite any reference material used to make your decision? What was the deciding factor (or factors) used in the decision making process? We currently have 3 platforms for development - ColdFusion-40%, PHP-40%, .NET-20%. Obviously, we need to consolidate on one platform for the future. Thanks! Hi FifthLegion, Currently in my organization we are ...

PHP and .NET
Hello We sometimes use .NET and sometimes use PHP depending on the customer, generally .NET for the bigger customers.  I've noticed that quite often PHP pages seem to be a lot more responsive than .NET pages in that they load so much faster - but when looking at the trace for a .NET page the time to load is generally quite insignificant.  Is it because it's going through IIS?  Is it because PHP is a lot lighter than .NET code?  Has anyone else experienced this in the past? I'd be interested to see how others rate the performance between the two?www.internetgeeks.co.ukww...

PHP compiler for .NET
If you are familiar with PHP and consider switching to ASP.NET, you may want to check out Phalanger - PHP compiler for .NET Framework. With Phalanger, you may:Keep your PHP code base and run it under Phalanger instead of the standard PHP interpreter. This will bring you a significant performance improvement (compiled code versus interpretation) and in addition, you will get access to the entire class library (BCL) available on .NET.Start writing ASP.NET pages taking advantage of the entire ASP.NET framework - master pages, authentication, user controls etc., but use PHP as the code-behind la...

not able to post to news.php.net php.general ng
xpsp3, TB latest I subscribed to news.php.net php.general ng and could get several past messages but I composed a query and tried to post, but it is giving "sending of message failed". all settings in this mozilla server and php server are same, other than the names of server and ngs. port 119, Use Default Server for outgoing SMTP. What to do? Do I need an account on some server to post to this? I have aioe account. Should I use that? -- V V S Rawat keyboarded, On 8/5/2008 10:36 AM : > xpsp3, TB latest > > I subscribed to news.php.net php.general ng ...

.net and php
Hi, our group has a web application due as a term project. Thing is, my friends know php and I know DOT NET, I want to do my stuff in dot net. Is there any way that we can create a multi lingual website, one that is being hosted by seekdotnet.com. Is this plausible? And if yes, what kind of changes will I need to do? Havea look at Phalanger: http://www.php-compiler.net/doku.php Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site Theoreticaly you can do that, cause each web page is independent by itself, even if there is a communication between pages and each others you can pass values as query...

PHP.Net
Who would have thought... http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=48906 Is there really a use for anything out side of the realm of .NET anymore at least in the business application world?View My Blog Download My URL Rewriter and Reverse ProxyOnly $9.95/month, ASP.NET, 2GB & SQL 2005 Yes, actually there is. Business Applications that are stand alone are perfect for the .net framework's languages and features, but most of the larger business applications are still written in Java and c++. Also, ifyou need to work with Integration, COM is still the desired solution since ...

How to run .net files after migration from PHP
i m new to both asp.net and php.....i have converted my php files to asp.net using the php to asp.net migrator....now how to run the asp.net files? here is an example asp.net code...(After convertion)<%    // Check availability of Casual Leave start        //CONVERSION_WARNING: Method 'explode' was converted to 'System.String.Split' which has a different behavior. Copy this link in your browser for more info: ms-its:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Corporation\PHP to ASP.NET Migration Assistant\PHPToAspNet.chm::/explode.htm  &nbs...

Problem in xml_RPc when my Client is .net and my server is php
I have Problem in xml_RPC when my Client is .net and my server is php . Can you help me?...

I need you help on this
- I'm a vb.net developer and i have a task which converts some PHP codes to vb.net but i'm not family with PHP, so please help me if you can, thank alots!!!Here is the codes:$db = new Database($config['server'], $config['user'], $config['pass'], $config['database'], $config['tablePrefix']);$db->connect();$criteria = ''; $sql="SELECT * FROM postcode WHERE ".$criteria;$result = $db->query($sql);$firstcode = $db->query_first($sql); if (strlen($firstcode[lat])>0 && strlen($firstcode[lon])>0) {  &nb...

Web resources about - Converting from PHP/MySQL to .NET/SQL Server - asp.net.migrating-from-php