Converting Vb to VB.net

I am converting a VB application to .net. There is a feature in Vb application where you can check the check box on the vb form and that
form will be printed directly to the printer. That form can be a fax sheet or any other form. Most of the fields of that forms are coming from the database.
This Vb application is using mail merge to do this. What can i use in VB.net or C# to do the same thing. I am using Visual studio 2003 and SQL server 2000.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

0
vinki
8/10/2006 11:52:38 PM
asp.net.migrating-from-asp 901 articles. 0 followers. Follow

vinki:
I am converting a VB application to .net.
It seems that the application you are converting is a desktop application, not an ASP web application.  For this reason, you will need to ask your question on the Windows Forms Forums.

Alister
0
SomeNewKid

converting vb.net 2003 files to vb.net 2005
Hi, i am beginner..i watch videos about vb.net..they made on vs.net 2003 when i wrote these codes in 2005 ,it gives errors..is there any program which convert the code automatically?   thanks,Thanks,Speranza What videos are you talking about?  There are lots of great, up-to-date ASP.NET Videos on this site for free.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! i am talking about learnvisualstudio.net videos..Thanks,Speranza Speranza:they made on vs.net 2003 when i wrote these codes in 2005 ,it gives errors..is there a...

I have a web site in vb.net 2003 that I what to convert to vb.net 2005. I open my web site in the visual studio 2005 by Local IIS option. I follow the steps of the visual studio conversion wizard.In the conversion report I received the following warning 'Referencepath' settings have not been converted.  Can anyone tell what I have to do to make this warning disappear? Best regards,Sérgio 'Referencepath'  is a property you can set with with VS2003 project file, sothat when ever you to do Add reference this path is serached for class libraries.  We do not  have that ...

VB to VB.Net Migration
I am new to .Net environment. Suppose i want to migrate a project from VB to VB.Net. Weither i need to recode the complete project or is there any option in .Net to convert VB project to VB.Net project. i converted my vb application to .net by mainly keeping the logic intact and moving it to the code behind. apart from that, since vb .net is really oo based with inheritance etc, i had to pretty much re-write my code vish...

What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ?
What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ? with code and interface too. There are entire forums dedicated to the differences between the two, and to convert your projects you should try the upgrade wizard in Visual Studio....

Migrating VB 6 to VB Net
I couldnt find a forum that matched exactly to this question but .. Reportedly there was a Microsoft tool called either the "Migration Tool" or VB6 to VB Net that automated the conversion of VB6 to VB .Net. Now I understand it was made available in some Professional editions back in 03 . I do volunteer programming for non-profits and there is an app written in VB 6 that provides a Telnet server and client. I have seen numerous requests for a Telnet server and client in VB Net at a price that one can afford. Is the Migration Tool available somewhere for us simple people? Appr...

How could i convert this code vb in vb.net?
Dim Report As CRAXDRT.ReportDim ReportSub As CRAXDRT.ReportDim ReportSub1 As CRAXDRT.Report Dim m_crwDatabase As CRAXDRT.Database Dim MaxDetail As IntegerDim MaxMain As Integer Dim PageCountMax As Integer Private Sub Command1_Click()     PayableVoucher "应付款挂帐单", "应付组"        End Sub Private Sub Command2_Click()     Command1.Visible = True    CRViewer1.Visible = False    Command2.Visible = False    Command3.Visible = True    Me.WindowState = 0     ...

Classic VB to VB.NET converter?
This might be a silly question, but does anyone know of a converter that can convert classic VB code to VB.NET or C#.NET code? Thanks,HP Opening a vb6 project in vs.net will do the trick.My Blog Refer to the links in a similar post. Hope this helps, AppanASP.NET Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

convert code from VB to VB.Net
hi, I have both an offline application (done with Visual Basic 6.0 ) and an online application (thru ASP.Net 2.0 and Visual Basic as code behind). Right now, I have a code in Visual Basic for encrypting a file. This is working in my offline application. However, when I used the code in my online application, it got some errors in it. Maybe incompatibility with the language used. Is there any way I can convert my VB code to VB.Net? Thanks a lot. Sheila   Rock on!!! Get the VB6 code advisor from http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/vbasic/ms789135.aspx and check you existing...

Converting from vb.net to c#.net
Hello I have recently purchased VBGolds RawDataPrinter which should allow users to print directly to label printers on our network directly from a c# web form.  Unfortunately they only supply vb.net examples and I have need of c#.  The component has been installed on our web server.  This is some code that they have supplied as examples in vb.net   "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >"Head1" runat="server&qu...

Upgrade VB.net 2002 to VB.net 2003
Hi, i want to upgrade VB.net 2002 to VB.net 2003.what is the procedure?Uninstall 2002 and Install 2003 or something else? VB.net 2003 includes Framework 1.1 or i will install it separately?thanx in advance ...

VB to VB.net
i am completely new to vb and vb.net i have a code in VB and tht needs to be converted to vb.net. could some 1 explain wat d below code is doing and convert it to vb.net code  Const StrFilepath = "D:in.csv"Const StrModifiedfilepath = "D:db.csv"Dim GlobalURL As StringDim comp_file_writestream As TextStreamDim fso As FileSystemObjectDim Employeefile As FileDim Employeefilestream As TextStream Private Sub Form_Load()    GlobalURL = "xxx"    InetC.URL = GlobalURL    InetC.RequestTimeout = 300  &nbs...

VB and VB.net
I don't know VB at all. Should I learn VB first before getting into VB.net? Please help me! Thanks! You can also directly learn VB.NET Happy Learning Thank you very much for the quick reply! :)...

VB Script to vb/vb.net conversion
Trying to convert this vbs to vb.net code. Does anyone know how? Option Explicit   dim WSHShell, objFSO, desktop, pathTOapplication Set WSHshell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")set objFSO=CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") desktop = WSHShell.SpecialFolders("Desktop")pathTOapplication = objFSO.GetAbsolutePathName(desktop) & "\SMG Backup.appref-ms" WSHshell.Run chr(34) & pathTOapplication & chr(34) my. Good Luck why not just use it in scritp block like this: <script type="text/vbscript"> Option Expli...

Migrate code from vb.net to C#.net
Hello friends, I had created a web site using visual studio 2005. web site was created using the language vb i.e. VB.net. Now as per the clint requirement I have to migrate all the code in C#. So the question is that is there any tool or any inbuild utility in Visual Stuidio so that we can migrate the site from vb.net to C#.net. Or we have to do it mannually i.e. by changing each and every line of code mannually? Kindly suggest me. Thanks & Regards Girish NehteThanks & RegardsGirish NehteIf This post helps you to solve your problem please mark this as an answer. Hi, at the mome...

How to migrate code from vb.net to c#.net?
Hi all,If anybody knows information on migration of VB.Net application to C#.net. i.e Any tools available, best practices, methodology for estimation. etc.   RegardsHelen    Hey, Take a look at this topic http://forums.asp.net/t/1100603.aspxMaybe some of these sites can be of help to you.  Arnold you can do it by page by page just copy and paste ur page in the following link http://labs.developerfusion.co.uk/convert/vb-to-csharp.aspx and convert ur vb.net to c# gotcha!!YasserSpica.www.spica.aewww.bncnetwork.netPlease remember to mark as answers i...

Problems in migrating code from VB to VB.NET
Hi,  We are trying to upgrade VB code to .NET. In VB these following lines have been used to accomplish a batch replication functionality. ' Opens an HTTP request handle.Public Declare Function HttpOpenRequest Lib "wininet.dll" Alias "HttpOpenRequestA" _(ByVal hHttpSession As Long, ByVal sVerb As String, ByVal sObjectName As String, ByVal sVersion As String, _ByVal sReferer As String, ByVal something As Long, ByVal lFlags As Long, ByVal lContext As Long) As Long We are not able to find the exact equivalent in .NET to implement this. Can you please provide inputs on how to change this i...

Build Error when converting from vb to vb.net
Hi i am trying to convert my vb6.0 project to vb.net , it was converted successfully and when i am trying to build i got some build errors and that are realted to graphics like Object.DrawStyle = vbDashDot Object.Line((xp1, yp1) - (xp2, yp2))  Object.DrawStyle = vbDot help me to reslove the same What errors are you getting?vb6 to vb.net is painful and often a migration/conversion ends up being more work than a ground-up re-design/re-write. ...

convert c#.net page to vb.net
ok I have an entire page in vb.net and now I want to integrate some code from another page but it written in c#.net what is the easiest way to convert c#.net to vb.net I tried using www.kamalpatel.net/ConvertCSharp2VB.aspx but it only gave me errors here is what I am trying to convert let me know if you have any ideas http://www.nomorepasting.com/paste.php?pasteID=20953 With Alex Lowe's translator ' Messages Private NoFileMessage As String = "No file selected" Private UploadSuccessMessage As String = "Uploaded Sucess" Private NoImagesMessag...

Convert VB.Net application to C#.net
Haican any one help me to convert VB.Net application in this link to C#.net http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=6718&lngWId=10RegardsAnu Palavila  Regards Anu Palavila Use this Free Conversion tool - http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/vb-to-csharp/  ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips Other Code Convertors (convert VB to C# and C# to VB) http://converter.telerik.com/ http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/ http://www.dotnetspider.com...

ANN: VB.NET Forums
Hello Fellow Programmers: Just an announcement the VB.NET Forums moved to the advanced vBulletin 3 software providing a feature rich and enjoyable forum experience. Stop by in your Internet surfing to help others, ask questions, and partake in our VB.NET only community. Visit us in addition to your trips to this great community. http://www.vbdotnetforums.comNeal...

online sites to convert C#.Net to VB.Net
what are the best sites to convert C#.Net code to VB.Net code? I have to convert .net 2005 code from one to the other. just wondering what your experiences have been. thanks much I am a big fan of developer fusion's converters. I think they work reasonably well. They are quick and get the job done, and it is quick and easy to go either way. VB to C# or C# to VB.http://labs.developerfusion.co.uk/convert/vb-to-csharp.aspxhttp://labs.developerfusion.co.uk/convert/csharp-to-vb.aspxJust my recommendation. I am sure you'll hear a few different responses.Brendan C. Brendan EnrickBr...

Convert VB Macro code to VB.NET or C#
Hello all i want to convert the following Vb macro code to VB.NET ot C# how to do that ? any help ? Set myrange = objword.Selection.Range myrange.Collapse Set myTable = objword.ActiveDocument.Tables.Add(myrange, 2, 5) With myTable With .Borders(wdBorderLeft) .LineStyle = wdLineStyleSingle .LineWidth = wdLineWidth050pt .Color = wdColorAutomatic End With With .Borders(wdBorderRight) .LineStyle...

Web resources about - Converting Vb to VB.net - asp.net.migrating-from-asp

Converting dry air to water: solution to Broken Hill's water crisis gains support
A one-man crusade by a Broken Hill resident to solve the historic town's water crisis by introducing air to water converters is gaining support. ...