.NET to COM question ( Dictionary in COM and .NET dictionary)

 I need to write a data access code to replace the method of GetPerson() in COM data access, since the existing method is too slow. .NET can reduce the database round trips by using the dataset. The existing COM data access will stay except the GetPerson() method.

So I am going to call the .NET getPerson() mehtod from the COM,

 The original GetPerson() method in COM just go to data base, pull data from 7 tables and write to dictionary.

 If the .NET getPerson() can populate the COM Dictionary, that would be great!

I know .NET object can be directly assign to COM variant. Can .NET dictionary be directly assign to COM dictionary?

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Bill Sun
0
wsun2000
4/12/2007 3:52:14 PM
asp.net.migrating-from-asp 901 articles. 0 followers. Follow

COM .NET Interop
Hi, I need help here.. I have this problem.I have COM VB6 that call a .NET class library, and this class library use the .NET SAP Conector to extract the information from SAP. I receive the information from SAP in a DataTable, the problem here is that I dont how to return this DataTable to VB6 COM. I made a test, and I can return a String to COM and basic types, but I dont know how to do it with this DataTable.Thanks for your helpI really appreciate. One alternative might be to add the DataTable to a DataSet and then convert the DataSet to an XML string using WriteXml(). That said, quic...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

.NET classes hindering .net assembly from being com?
I posted an earlier thread about instanciating a .net assembly from a com client, like an asp page. My problem was that no matter what I did, I could not get the class to instaciate, so I could not call any methods on that class. After quite a bit of trial and error, as far as weak and strong named assemblies, GAC, etc, I came to the conclusion that the object WAS being referenced properly, therefore it was not a problem getting access to the object's class declaration. My problem was that everytime I called a method on the object, I got a "object not set to instance" error. ...

Call to non .net COM not working after .NET
I have developed small samples of ASP.NET and one of them I tried to call a standard COM (non .NET). I took the code out for now, but a call to that COM from traditional ASP application now does not work. Does anyone have an idea how to correct this?...

SN #3
Steve, At about 6 min 20 secs left of the full broadcast, you mentioned www.grc.com/net/net.htm. Putting it into my browser gave me a 404 Page not found. Just thought I should mention it. -- Jaap Jaap said in:<news:df997m$6qf$1@news.grc.com>: > Steve, > > At about 6 min 20 secs left of the full broadcast, you mentioned > www.grc.com/net/net.htm. Putting it into my browser gave me a 404 Page > not found. > > Just thought I should mention it. He's meant to be saying www.grc.com/nat/nat.htm :- ,------------ [quote] So one trick...

Net Farmers net

net send in .net

from COM to .NET
Hi all, My company are slowly migrating from vb6/com environment to a .net/web service environment. At the moment we have a financial system running on our intranet that allows user to request and retrieve reports- we have a .Net web service that retrieves these requests and passes them on to a COM dll, which queries the database and generates the reports using Crystal. After some testing, we've found that when there's more than one person running reports, the system crashes. After some research i've found out that calling a COM component with a .net web service can have threading iss...

.NET COM
Hi, Are there samples or documentation showing using either a .NET C# DLL COM Server with a C++ Builder 2009 Client or a C++ Builder COM Server with a .NET C# EXE Client? What can I do about "80131535 COR_E_MARSHALDIRECTIVE : The marshalling directives are invalid" errors. Any changes I make to my arguments cause compiler errors. Thanks cfi ..NET C# DLL COM Server with a C++ Builder 2009 Client OLETRACE "Inv(1610743808) FL, 0x80131535, retVT(0x1), ErrArg(-1)\n" Lines causing error IManagedInterfaceDisp getReverseNames; getReverseNames.BindDefaul...

COM and .NET?
Hello I have a few basic questions I hope someone can help me with. 1.Let's say I create a .dll in Visual Basic 6 - just a class with one function. I then register this dll and can call it from an .asp page using server.createObject. Using this dll like this is referred to as COM right? 2. How do I access this dll from a .Net app? 3.COM+ Is an extension of com right? Using Microsoft Transaction Server with COM objects? What exactly is MTS and how would I use it from an asp page and also - is it used in conjunction with .net web apps? 4.Where can I get MTS (is part of windows or...

Web resources about - .NET to COM question ( Dictionary in COM and .NET dictionary) - asp.net.migrating-from-asp

Dictionary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
According to Nielsen (2008) a dictionary may be regarded as a lexicographical product that is characterised by three significant features: (1) ...

Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus goes 7.0 with interface improvements
In September, Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus was updated to version 6.0 with a significant redesign that introduced a fresh look and feel ...

Price Drop: Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary
Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary 2.0.2 Device: iOS Universal Category: Reference Price: Free, Version: 2.0.2 ( iTunes ) Description: Improve ...

'Identity' is Dictionary.com's word of the year - CNN.com
Race, sexuality and gender are the live-wire topics that inspired Dictionary.com to pick "identity" as its word of the year for 2015.

The Dictionary Of The Modern Campus Activist
Demisexual? Sapiosexual? Know the difference!

Inventec, Kingsoft cooperate to compile cross-strait dictionary
Inventec has cooperated with China-based software developer Kingsoft to compile a dictionary which contrasts about 110,000 terms used in daily ...

Jimmy Fallon, Nathan Lane play 'Kid Dictionary' on 'The Tonight Show' - EW.com
Jimmy Fallon, Nathan Lane play 'Kid Dictionary' on 'The Tonight Show' - EW.

But That Isn't A Word: Oxford Dictionary Chooses The Face With Tears Of Joy Emoji As Word Of The Year ...
Because even dictionary companies want to feel edgy from time to time, Oxford Dictionaries has announced the 'face with tears of joy' emoji is ...

An Online Dictionary Plans to Catalog a Million Emerging English Words
With viral memes and hashtags sweeping the internet on the daily, language is evolving faster than conventional dictionaries can keep up. You ...

Athleisure Is Officially In the Dictionary, But What Does It Mean?
Come 2016, the eye roll-inducing label given to fashion's fascination with evolved workout layers will be added to the Merriam-Webster dictionary. ...