Visual Studio 2003 -> Visual Studio 2005 web application

Hello,

I have created a rather large site with VB.Net/ASP.NET 1.1 using visual studio 2003 Professional. I want to take advantage of the new stuff in ASP.NET 2 & Visual Studio 2005...I have used the project convert but when I complile it i get hundreds of errors....are there any tutorials about this or do I have to recode a bunch of the project? Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Digital Carmel

0
DigitalCarmel
9/27/2006 4:17:30 PM
asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0 1016 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You say Web Application but I wonder if you are trying to convert to a Web Site project which is not the same as a Web Application project. Web Site project shipped with VS 2005, Web Application project was shipped later and can be downloaded from here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/infrastructure/wap/default.aspx

If you install this, you will find it is much easier to upgrade from VS 2003 to this newer Web Application project type than to a Web Site project

This tutorial may also help with the upgrade

http://webproject.scottgu.com/VisualBasic/Migration2/Migration2.aspx

Hope it helps,

Joe

http://www.joeaudette.com
http://www.mojoportal.com
0
joeaudette

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Stu
Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Studio 2005. Then, he changed to another company. Now, I take over his job. Unfortunately, when I attempted to open that solution, Visual Studio 2005 prompted me the conversion wizard again to forced me to perform a conversion on the solution. Does someone know why?--Harish Patel www.MicrosoftSQLandASP.netpatelharish@gmail.com Hi, How many projects are in the solution, does it have UNLOADE...

Visual Studio 2005 Pro / Visual Studio .NET 2003 Pro ?
Ok I have enough money now to purchase Visual Studio .NET 2003 Pro but what do you think guys, is it too late? Do I need to wait til Visual Studio 2005 is officially release? If you suggest me to wait, so I will still use my Visual Studio.NET Pro 60 days trial edition. After the trial reach its limit, I will reformat my HD and install my Windows + Visual Studio Trial again. Yeah this is make me tired but I dont need to spend 600 bucks again for upgrade. or perhaps I will use MSDN Subscription Pro but I hope Visual Studio 2005 Pro will release before my subscription is expired. ...

Running Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 on the same machine.
Hi there,   I have many projects i develop and continue to maintain on my server. Visual Studio .NET 2003 is currently installed and is what i use to do this. I'd really like to install Visual Studio 2005 and give that a whirl on the same machine, and perhaps develop upcoming sites with it also.I understand that upon installation of VS 2005 it will install the 2.0 Framework. Will this effect my 1.1 sites at all? Does the 2.0 Framework upgrade the 1.1 framework, or does it leave the 1.1 framework intact so older projects can still use it?Any advice would be welcome! :)Thanks,Cr...

Unable to compile the application developed in Visual studio 2003 in Visual studio 2005
Hi All, I'm facing a problem while trying to compile an application which was originally developed in VS 2003 in VS 2005. In my case, the page name and form id are same. Compiler Error Message: CS0542: 'PageName': member names cannot be the same as their enclosing type. And moreover an error is thrown in the line given below. <form id="Logon"  method="post" runat="server"> May i know the exact reason for this error.   Two objects cannot have a same name . You cannot have the Class name and Form Name as Same . Change the Form id it will compileAshok Rajawww.iGold.inDon...

Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition beta VS Visual Studio.net 2003
Is Visual C# 2005 Express Edition Beta better than Visual Studio.net 2003 ? HighOnCodingWanna get high! in my opinon no. vs.net 2003 is a released application, and is used for more than just c#. visual studio whidbey beta is pretty cool except it's a little quirky still. I swear I can't wait til august.Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? Zero. Is Visual C# 20...

Visual Studio 2005 vs. Visual Studio 2005 BETA 2
In terms of functionality and features, I was wondering whether there any major differences between Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2005 Beta2. Thanks From the C# Windows Apps & Web Apps - pecadillos more than anything.  I have several sizeable projects in bothe.g. MDI child/parent Mensu/toolstrips no longer automergesome complaints about rafting property that no longer exists in Windows forms controlsIf it was easy, everybody would be doing it. The primary difference was mainly a lot of bug fixes.  Two areas that we enhanced were website projects and ...

Web resources about - Visual Studio 2003 -> Visual Studio 2005 web application - asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 24% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Surve Mortgage applications decreased 3.2 percent from one week earlier, according ...

Mortgage applications fall 3.2%
A definitive rise in mortgage interest rates over the last month is keeping borrowers at bay.

PCB firm Unitech looks to automotive, IoT applications for 2016 growth
PCB maker Unitech Printed Circuit Board expects demand for any-layer designs for use in automotive electronics, wearables and other IoT-connected ...