Upgrading vb.net 2003 to vb.net 2008 the name '__o' is not declared

Hi

I had an application in vb.net 2003. I chose to upgrade it to vb.net 2008.

Now I have 153 errors telling me that the name '__o' is not declared.

In one page where I get this error, It's on a <tr> statement.

I searched in google and I saw that we could put <%=""%> at the beginning of the page, but I still have the error message.

Any idea?

0
myriam_giroux
7/17/2008 4:53:08 PM
asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0 1016 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi myriam_giroux,

I think you need to be more specific information. When you are receiving errors during compilation in Visual Studio or Visual Web Developer, the Error list window will indicate the line in the source code on which the error occurred.

Zhao Ji Ma
Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
0
Zhao
7/21/2008 9:31:03 AM

I am having the same issue this morning. Here is a code snippet:

    <%  If String.IsNullOrEmpty(Request.QueryString("Print")) Then%>
    <%End If%>

Chris Love
ASP.NET 2.0 Your Visual Blueprint for developing Web Applications
0
docluv

Upgrade VB.net 2002 to VB.net 2003
Hi, i want to upgrade VB.net 2002 to VB.net 2003.what is the procedure?Uninstall 2002 and Install 2003 or something else? VB.net 2003 includes Framework 1.1 or i will install it separately?thanx in advance ...

Installing .NET 2 causes 'server application anunavailable' on existing .NET 1.1 site
Hi!I have a computer running an ASP.NET 1.1 web site. After installing .net framework 2.0 on the same server I got a 'server application anunavailable' on the ASP1.1 web site. I set the Security settings to 'Everyone' and I temporarily solved the problem.What should I do?Dimitris PapadimitriouSoftware Development Professional If you are running on Windows 2003, they you need to make sure that your V1.1 and V2.0 applications are running in a separate application pool/process.  Otherwise, you will get a load error when the second CLR gets loaded into the same process. Try going into th...

Can a page written in VB.Net 1.1 work with .Net 2.0 dlls?
Hi, Previously the Vb .Net page was working fine with GAC dll written .Net 1.1 . But the GAC dlls have been upgraded to 2.0 version and the page is thorowing error :"BC30002: Type 'CompanyUser' is not defined", where 'CompanyUser'is the class of the GAC dll. Can u help on this so that this page can be run without converting it to .Net 2.0? Thanks, SonaliThanks,Sonali  I think that you can set in IIS your page to run under 2.0. You do not have to upgrade site.__Please mark post as answer if it helps, if not come back and ask again! Hi, The only thin...

upgrading vb.net to vb.net 2003 crystal report viewer problem.
I have a vb.net web. app that has several pages each with a different crystal report on it. It works perfectly under vb.net. I've since installed vb.net 2003. After I open the solution in 2003 & it does its upgrade, all of the crystal report viewer controls are corrupted. If I try to run it as is I get the following error: "The base class includes the field 'myname' but its type (CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer) is not compatible with the type of control(CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer). So I tried deleting the control and adding back on. & when I ru...

Upgrading from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi,We write ASP.NET applications for a large UK organisation for which we have two servers - a dev server and a live intranet server.  I would like to convince management to upgrade the .NET framework from 1.1 to 2.0 (and incidently VS2003 to VS2005).If we install the new version of the dotnet framework, will there be any issues with our existing 1.1 applications?  If so, what will the issues likely to be?Your help is greatly appreciated.Ryan Penfold, Truro, UK. Two versions can coexist, so you shouldn't have any issues. So far we have not had any real issues with asp.net 1.1 a...

Migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi All, Well i hoped that the migrating went smoother then is does so far. I had a few problem which i could fix with blogs from other developers, but i didn't find a good solution for this problem. Somehow i get the following error: "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'Inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class" Well i worked very good before the migration. Some advise would be very welcome! Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. Maybe this post will hel...

Sharepoint 2003 - .net 1.1
Hello !As a consultant, I was asked to develop a simple web application using .net 2.0 and a SQL Server 2005 database. I tried to deploy that application at the client's site : Windows Server 2003, Sharepoint 2003, IIS 6 (with .Net 1.1 and 2.0).The thing is that the application is to be deployed under the default web site used by sharepoint with .net 1.1, without being managed by sharepoint.Actually, when accessing the app from a remote computer, the browser shows a 'Page cannot be displayed'. How can get my application to work side by side with sharepoint and the 2 framework ver...

Migrating from vb.net 1.1 to csharp 2.0...
is this possible in vs 2005 with out having to do a total rewrite?    j...

Web resources about - Upgrading vb.net 2003 to vb.net 2008 the name '__o' is not declared - asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0