Running server controls compiled for .NET 1.1 in .NET 2.0

Hello,

I have tried upgrading our ASP.NET 1.1 application to .NET 2.0 by using Web Application Projects, and it works beautifully. We use several 3rd party controls that we bought for use in .NET 1.1 and these seem to just work in .NET 2.0, except that I get an intermittent problem with one of them.

Should DLLs compiled using .NET 1.1 simply work, except if they access classes that have been removed from the framework in .NET 2.0?

If I have both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 present on the machine and the ASP.NET application is configured to run using .NET 2.0 and I have a DLL compiled using .NET 1.1, will that DLL run on .NET 2.0 or will the framework somehow detect that the DLL was compiled using .NET 1.1 and therefore run it using the .NET 1.1. framework even though the rest of the ASP.NET app runs under 2.0?

Thanks!

-Stuart

0
Stusta
8/23/2006 4:01:09 AM
asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0 1016 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Running .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 apps on same server. Problem???
I have .NET 1.1 running on remote (dedicated) server.  I have just installed Net 2.0 and created a Hello-World App to test it.  It worked fine yesterday, but today when I try it again I get "Server Application Unavailable" My 1.1 web apps seem to be running ok.  The following message was in the event log.  "It is not possible to run two different versions of ASP.NET in the same IIS process. Please use the IIS Administration Tool to reconfigure your server to run the application in a separate process"Can someone please advise me how to run 1.1 and 2.0 web apps on the sam...

Help! Running .net 1.1 website on server with .net 2.0
Hi All,I have problems with running my .net version 1.1 website on a server that has .net version 2.0. Also my database is in sql server 2003 and on the server it is sql server 2005. The error that I am getting is: "unhandled exception..." and "invalid connection..."Please help! Kindly let me know if I have to modify my web.config file or other changes. (The website is working properly on my current server with sql server 2003 and .net framework version 1.1. ) Will let you know more details if required. Regards and thanks.  Hi, did you migrate your application to that server? If...

Migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi All, Well i hoped that the migrating went smoother then is does so far. I had a few problem which i could fix with blogs from other developers, but i didn't find a good solution for this problem. Somehow i get the following error: "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'Inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class" Well i worked very good before the migration. Some advise would be very welcome! Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. Maybe this post will hel...

DLL does not run on .Net 2.0 but runs on .Net 1.1
We have a DLL that was written in .Net 1.1. The DLL was not developed by us and therefore we do not have the source code to modify it. Based on my investigations, the DLL seems to be inheriting from the ‘system.web.ui.pair’ class. Unfortunately, this class is now sealed in .Net 2.0 and it therefore can not be used in inheritance. Does anybody have an idea on how we can make this DLL work in .Net 2.0?  Any walk arounds? Thanks Try to use Reflection to know the stucture of DLL. ThanksGirijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/...

Running .net 1.1 and 2.0 beta 2 on the same server
Forgive me if this is the wrong forum for this topic - I did some searches and didn't find an answer to my question.I've got a windows 2003/IIS 6.0 box here at work.  Previously, we were running .net 1.1 and .net 2.0 Beta 1 web applications on it side by side.  No problems.  I upgraded to beta 2 (going with the "go live" license), and followed the instructions at the MSDN Lab site - I removed the old version of the framework before installing.  When beta 2 was installed, everything 1.1 stopped working.  Any .aspx page returned a "Server Application Unavailable" ...

Migrate DataGrid .NEt 1.1 to .NEt 2.0
Hi I has just convert my ASP.NET web application from .NET 1.1 to .NEt 2.0 so far there is no problem but my datagrid seems to be acting really weird my datagrid has 3 columns and have paging enabled. When there is one/two row of data. The paging(which shows us the number of page) seems to have a column span of 1)  If i click on the second row of data.... the paging will have the column span of 3 This does not happen if there is more than 2 data   please go to the link for better clarification http://yingleekit.multiply.com/photos/album/1/work#1 http://ying...

.net 2.0 to .net 1.1
Hello , This is shrirang. Currently i am working .net2.0 web application. but the same application is runing on production in .net 1.1 freamwork . we are not using any new feature of 2.0 in our application . can i run build of 2.0 on 1.1 freamwork . if yes can you  please tell me necessary steps to achive it .     Thanks in advance for your kind help     Regards Shrirang i think it is not possible to run the 2.0 application in 1.1 , so try to change to the frame work in the production server . ThanksRaja Ragothaman Hi Shrirang, Please contact web adm...

having .net 1.1 and .net 2.0
Was just wondering if you someone could tell me the ramifications of the following:  I have .net 2.0 but did not uninstally .net 1.1, i have visual studio 2003, and visual web developer installed on the computer as well as sql server 2000.  my question is whether that is a problem having the two runtimes installed at the same time?  i did this because i wanted to use VWD but keep vs 2003 in case i needed to do any development for work....any comments are appreciated.  --jpIf my post is helpful please mark as answerRegards -- jp(http://www.rzrsolutions.com/rzrWeb20/...

Migrating .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0/3.5
We have many of our application running in .NET 1.1, and plannig to migrate all one-by-one, i know there will be a big challenge for this activity, What we are planning is not to migrate all in one shot, After migrating one application we will give for some selective users testing once we feel it is OK, do the next. What is best way of doing this thing? Any links, thrid party tools, since opening this in VWD 2005, it is converting the application but many errors are popuping up. Any reference would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance. Hi, Please follow the steps mentioned in this l...

Problem with Project Migrating from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0
Hi i am working in .net 1.1 and i am working on a web service. it 's working fine in .net 1.1 with vs2003 but when i migrated my WS from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 i am getting System.FormatException while converting datetime from string using DateTime.Parse method. it was not happening earlier when i was using .net 1.1. My WS converted from vs2003 to vs2005 using a wizard and it doesn's shows a single error.   i did lots of googling on this issue but didnot gets any help , so any reply in the matter will be highly appericiable.  thanks vishal sharma vishalsharma808...

Web resources about - Running server controls compiled for .NET 1.1 in .NET 2.0 - asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0

ConnectSense Smart Outlet lets Siri control two HomeKit Wi-Fi wall sockets, USB charge iPads
... “smart plugs” previously released by iHome , ConnectSense has debuted the Smart Outlet with Apple HomeKit ($80) , which combines two Siri-controlled ...

How effective are parental controls for your child's safety?
... situation. Parents need to find ways to protect their children when they are not around to monitor it themselves. The Use of Parental Controls ...

Larwyn's Linx: Gun Control Group Calls For Obama To Declare “State of Emergency,” Ban Guns
Send us tips ! Bloggers: install a Larwyn's Linx widget . Get real-time news, 24/7, at BadBlue . Nation Gun Control Group: Obama Must Declare ...

Kurt Vile, Superchunk, Deer Tick, Waxahatchee, Parquet Courts, Sonic Youth members & more celebrated ...
photos by Amanda Hatfield; words by Bill Pearis Parquet Courts & Lee Ranaldo / Rainer Maria & Meredith Graves / Kurt Vile & Kim Gordon / Waxahatche ...

San Bernardino shooting and the politics of gun control
"It's not enough to keep lamenting these things," Democratic Sen.

Kylie Jenner & her very thin Greyhounds were investigated by Animal Control
... healthy (you can see some screencaps from the Snapchats here ). So… Kylie was investigated by the LA County Department of Animal Care and Control. ...

Windows 10 vs. OS X: Which gives sys admins more control?
Now, nearly everything can be managed as if it were a mobile device, using APIs at the operating system for assured reach and consistent implementation ...

Assad Takes Control Of ‘Capital Of The Revolution’
Another victory for the Syrian government coming weeks after the regime regained control of Kuweires airbase.

Your opinion on gun control doesn't matter
... will die by guns than in car accidents this year. In practice, this is a public health crisis. If you still bristle at the idea of gun control, ...