Running 1.1 and 2.0 Side-By-Side

Is it possible to run a ASP.NET 1.1 site and a 2.0 side-by-side in the same web site or virtural directory? Since I'm not sure if the web.config can be shared so I don't know if this is possible. We need to do this to slowly migrate our site.

Thanks,
David McCarter
www.vsdntips.com

David McCarter
Microsoft MVP
dotNetTips.com
http://www.codeplex.com/dotNetTips
0
sddavidm
7/28/2005 11:05:28 PM
asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0 1016 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I had a similar problem. I have a web application (Framework 1.1) in production, and decided to develop the new tools for this web application using the new VS 2005 (framework 2.0). I had a few problems and solved them hosting the 1.1 webforms in different application pools than the 2.0 webform (also dlls, etc). This is on IIS 6.0 under Windows Server 2003
I posted it here: http://forums.asp.net/977104/ShowPost.aspx
If you have any doubt just ask me.

LKZ:
.\Arrobianos/.
http://www.lukiller.net
0
LuKiller
7/29/2005 1:53:50 AM
Same website: yes. Same application: no. Each application needs to have their own versions of ISAPIs registered, and much of ASP.NETs's integration in IIS is via ISAPI extensions. But, yes, they can run on same machine and/or site just fine.

-Brock

DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen
0
BrockAllen

Running .net version 2.0 and 1.1 side by side
Hi there, I read a thread on this forum which suggested that it's possible to intall both versions 2.0 and 1.1 on the same server. Can someone please provide me more information on how this works. for example, how do you tell the application the use Version 1.1. instead of version 2? It seems to me that once you have version 2 installed it takes over version one and you can't go back but I'm sure I'm just inexperienced. One other thing, sometimes I need to compile C# classes to produce libraries (.dll). Right now in my command prompt I have access to the c# compiler for version 2. Surelly,...

.NET 2.0 side by side with 1.1
My web server is running on Windows 2000, IIS 5.1 and .NET 1.1 .  I need to install SQL 2003 and for that I need .NET 2.0 to be installed.   Can I install the 2.0 framework side by side with 1.1?  If so how do I make sure that my web site contimue using then 1.1 Framework? Thanks Hi, yes you can. Just install Framework (dotnetfx.exe) manually from command-line with /noaspupgrade switch e.g Dotnetfx.exe /c:"install /noaspupgrade" Just note that even if you'd accidentally upgrade the site without this switch, Framework 2.0 installation adds "ASP.N...

Running 1.1 and 2.0 side by side
I understand that 1.1 and 2.0 can be run side by side on the same server. and also know how to select which version a web app runs not from experience but theory.Now what i want to know is there a guide or does anyone know how to install them both side by side on windows 2003 standard server.Will running .net framwork 1.1 and 2.0 conflict with any other service or such on a server? for instance a server with control panel. I have them both running on a windows 2003 server machine and everything is wokring smoothly. Regards Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP...

Install 1.0 and 1.1 side-by-side and use the 1.1 csc to compile a 1.0
Hi, I have the following (tricky) questions: 1. Can I install the 1.0 and 1.1 .NET Framework side-by-side with NO drawbacks on MY PC where I develop the .NET applications? (I do NOT use VS.NET) 2. After installing the 1.1 version, am I STILL ABLE to compile a 1.0 version, since our production web-server still runs on 1.0 (our development web-server was upgraded to 1.1) ?? thx Eau .... as long as you compile DLLs with the right csc.exe/vbc.exe from 1.0 or 1.1 Free ASP.NET Version Switcher may interest you.DNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls...

enigmail-1.0.1 for TB-3.0.x and enigmail-1.1.2 for TB-3.1.x available
Hi, enigmail-1.0.1 (TB-3.0.x) and enigmail-1.1.2 (TB-3.1.x) are available at http://enigmail.mozdev.org. Note for Seamonkey-2.0.x you can download and install enigmail-1.0.1. Have fun, Walter ...

1.1 and 2.0 side by side
How can i install and run .netframeword 1.1 and 2.0 side by side on the same box? preferrable windows 2003 Just install them both.Bryan SampicaAuction Site StarterKit |My Blog will that cause any conflict and also should should it affect current application on the server running 1.4?my assumptions are as followinstall the 2.0 as 1.4 is already on the server and then they will both be runningcurrent apps under 1.4 will remain under 1.4 unless change to run under 2.0also .net framework will not affect any other service/software running on the server or in other words should not.please...

1.1 and 2.0 side-by-side
We are using a asp.net site tha depends on 7 dlls. We have upgraded the whole system to 2.0 Our problem now is that 2 of the dll's need to run under version 1.1. Can this be done? GacUtils etc? regards Jens Chr...

From 2.1.2 to 3.1 or 2.1.2 to 3.0.13 to 3.1

updated 1.2.2 to 2.0.1 but still shows 1.2.2
I just reinstalled the SBS 6 with the NW6 SP3 Overly cd and i put web access, iprint, dhcp/dns, naas on the initial install. I then proceded to upgrade edir to 8.7.1 ( i updated jvm and the other stuff that 8.7.1 required first) and everything went great. I then udated imanager from 1.2.2. to 2.0.1 and the install went as expected no errors or anything. Here is the problem when i surf to iManager with internet exploder 6 it shows me i am using 1.2.2. I read the instructions and they talk about some migrating but the direction don't match imanager 1.2.2 (i assume they are reffe...

Enigmail-1.0.1 for OS/2 TB-3.0.x and SM-2.0.x available at enigmail.mozdev.org
I'm glad to announce that after a while, where some smaller quirks had to be ironed out, enigmail-1.0.1 can be downloaded from enigmail.mozdev.org. Thanks to the developers for the upload to their site. Enigmail-1.0.1 works only with Thunderbird-3.0.x and Seamonkey-2.0.x. If you still use TB-2.0.0.x or SM-1.1.x you should stick to enigmail-0.95.7. In case of trouble please post to this list here. Have Fun, Walter ...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2
Name: R. Bijster Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 Comments: I want to report that Windowsbrowser V 6.0.2900_SP2, 12 seconds faster started then FireFoxbrowser. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

Running 1.X & 2.0 side by side guide
Hello, Does any one know of a good guide on how install and run .net 2.0 along side .net 1.X? (Windows Server 2000 / IIS) Thanks! Hi Scott, Here are a few quick notes below: 1) When you install ASP.NET 2.0 on an IIS6 server that has ASP.NET 1.1 already installed on it, all existing applications on the box will continue to run with ASP.NET v1.1. 2) The version of ASP.NET that a particular application uses is controlled by right-clicking on an vdir/application and pulling up its properties.  There is an "ASP.NET" tab in the properties dialog box that you can use t...

Web resources about - Running 1.1 and 2.0 Side-By-Side - asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0

Side-by-side assembly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Side-by-side technology is a standard for executable files in Windows 98 Second Edition , Windows 2000 , and later versions of Windows that attempts ...

Side by Side (with Dropbox support) on the App Store on iTunes
Get Side by Side (with Dropbox support) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Avatar and Pocahontas Side-by-Side - YouTube
This is a side-by-side comparison of Avatar with clips from Disney's Pocahontas. It helps illustrate that Avatar is really just: "Pocahontas ...

In Uganda's Nakivale camp, killers and survivors live side by side
In the heart of central Africa, conflict has become a way of life but counselling for trauma is still in its infancy.

Side by Side of the Simon & Simon intro and parody - YouTube
Since I didn't see this anywhere else I thought I'd upload it, here's the side-by-side of the original Simon & Simon intro and the one done by ...

'Wish I had side-by-side televisions': How to take in debate night
As the first leaders' debate gets underway in Toronto Thursday evening, Canada's political powerhouses face some sure-to-be-good-TV competition ...

Winnipeg man given $113.10 fine for walking with friends side by side - CTV News
A Winnipeg man has been fined $113.10 for walking side-by-side with his friends, because the group was walking “more than two abreast.”

Side by side, fight against terrorism
Side by side, fight against terrorism People's Daily Online Mardan, one of the co-authors of the joint letter told People's Daily on May 2 ...

Side-by-side: How Apple’s new Transit directions compare to those in Google Maps
Yesterday, at WWDC 2015, Apple introduced transit directions to its native Maps application for the first time. It's a feature that has long ...

Side by side images show iPhone’s iterative camera improvement over the years
Camera+’s founder Lisa Bettany has posted (via Gizmodo) photos showing the huge improvement the iPhone’s camera has seen over the years. While ...