Problems with web controls after upgrading web app from VS 2003 to VS 2005

Hey All,

 I am currently in the process of upgrading our web application to .Net 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005. I have done all the converting that was required for the web application but we have issues with controls that we have created not being displayed. Below is a diagram of the inheritence of one of our web controls.

 Form   ---- contains ----   TableRowControl.cs(inherits TableRow)  ---- contains -----  ValidDecimalTextBox.cs     ---- inherits ----- ValidBaseTextbox.cs(inherits CustomValidator)

                                                                                               ---- contains -----  ValidIntegerColorTextbox.cs  -- inherits  ----- ValidBaseTextBox.cs(inherits CustomValidator)

The ValidDecimatextbox and ValidintegerColorTextbox controls are not being rendered on the form. I have had to add code to our existing code when referencing these controls to see if they are null due to many null reference errors. These errors never occurred in .Net 1.1. Can someone point me to some things I need to check for in my controls. I can provide source if needed.

 Thanks

Damien

0
dlong27
4/8/2008 4:22:39 AM
asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0 1016 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can paste the error messages.

ASP.NET 2.0 uses multiple assemblies that compiled on the server which is different from ASP.NET 1.x. The reference broken issue will occur when the code-behind files reference another code-behind file since the code-behind file will no longer in the same assembly.

Zhao Ji Ma
Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
0
Zhao

Web resources about - Problems with web controls after upgrading web app from VS 2003 to VS 2005 - asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0

Upgrading From Windows 1.0 to Windows 8 On Actual Hardware - YouTube
If you're watching this video, you've probably seen the other videos that prove it is possible to upgrade from Windows 1.0 all the way to Windows ...

Nuclear states still upgrading stocks

Apple users face issues upgrading to iOS 9
Apple customers were facing issues while upgrading to iOS 9, which was released this morning in Australia, technology blog 9to5Mac reported. ...

Upgrading IOIO to Bluetooth - YouTube