Install Framework 1.1 after Framework 2.0 already installed?

Is there any conflicts installing framework 1.1 on a server after framework 2.0 is already installed?  I have an application that can only run on version 1.1 and I only have 2.0 installed.  Do I have to rollback 2.0 and install 1.1 first or should it be ok?
0
Big
3/6/2007 1:55:42 PM
asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0 1016 articles. 0 followers. Follow

They are individual, can run side by side and can be installed in any order.  Make sure you set the app to run in the correct framework.

Jeff

jeff
3/6/2007 1:58:43 PM

I've installed in this manner, but an error occured while running project in Framework 2.0 then, I reinstalled framework 2.0. Now its working fine. You can download the same from Microsoft website.

0
nishanthpaul

how to install .ner framework 1.1 after .net framework 2.0 has been installed?
hello everyone!I got a problem, I have installed .net framework 2.0 in my computer, but now I need to install .net framework 1.1.The install process of .net framework 1.1 halt when it is stoping the IIS Admin.Can I install .net framework 1.1 after .net framework 2.0 has been installed?Or I have to remove 2.0 and install 1.1 and 2.0 in sequence?Thank you very much! There is no sequence in .net framework 1.1 and 2.0 installation.You can look into the installation log and check what's the problem.Can you post your installation errors?Maybe I can help you to fix the error through your...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Install .framework 2.0 after .framework 1.1
 Greetings,I have some web applications has been developed with .framework 1.1 but i want to develop web application with .framework 2.0 so i install .framework 2.0 on my local machine so what i notice that a new tab (Asp.net)has been added to the IIS in the Virtual directory Properties and all the virtual directories has been converted to asp.net 2.0 version so how can i avoid this problem when i install .framework 2.0 on the production web server????your help is highly appreciatedBest regards.   Try this Select the VirtualDirectory, Right Click select the Properties Window...

I haven't seen this anywhere, so I figured I would add it here. First of all, it is incorrect to recommend to anyone that who has VS.NET 2002 to do ANYTHING but first install VS.NET 2002. The installl order for VS.NET 2002 and .Net Framwork 1.1 SHOULD BE: 0. Install ALL windows updates for your pc EXCEPT FOR .NET Framwork 1.1 1. Install VS.NET 2002 2. Install MSDE that comes w/VS.NET 2002 (USE A NAMED INSTANCE! Never usee the default instance) 2. Install MDAC 2.8 3. Install .Net Framework 1.1 4. SOMEHOW GET RID OF .NET Framework and get VS.NET and IIS 5.x to work w...

Framework 1.1 and Framework 2.0 Installation Order
I need to install both Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 on a new machine. For this, I realize I need both the 1.1 and 2.0 frameworks installed. My question is, should I install the frameworks according to their version number? Therefore, install 1.1 prior to 2.0? Any other hints on a successful installation?Thanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET The order doesn't matter.  The two frameworks are independent of each other. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your iss...

Install .NET Framework 1.1 after 2.0
Hi All, I have a client that has a machine with .NET Framework 2.0 installed.  But my app runs in 1.1 Framework.  I do not want to run my App in the 2.0 Framework for fear of something breaking.  Do you know of any installation issues in regards to installing .NET Framework 1.1 after 2.0? Thanks, Chris    Chris What is the webserver version, if it is Windows2003, it will already have framework 1.1. If it is Windows 2000, Since you had a fear on installing, you can do one thing Uninstall 2.0, then install 1.1, after that install 2.0 again. But as ...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
Help! Oh man, Im confused now... I didn't realize that the .net framework 2.0 wouldn't work through VS 2003... when I installed it, it killed my ability to debug on my local server.  Went to IIS, changed my folder properties to .net 2.0, still didnt' work... (which is when I looked here for info and realized that I can't use the 2.0 framework until I get a copy of VS 2005) So... I uninstalled .net framework 2.0 and went back to IIS and changed the ASPNET folder properties back to framework 1.1 and STILL I can't debug... I tried the "start without debugging" option and my webserver say...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article explains the scenario and provides the solution for the same. Hope it helps.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
..NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article provides the solution for the same. Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

NET Framework 2.0 and NET Framework 1.1
Can framework 2.0 and framework 1.1 be installed and used on the same PC at same time? can asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 running site by site together? Thanks. Hi,yes they can. At my current machine I have these installed .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 without any problems.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. after creating a website don't forget to check that this website uses which version of .net (go to website properties--> ASP .NET in IIS)feed the creative machine...

Automated cleanup tool to remove the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5
"I have posted an updated version of the .NET Framework cleanup tool that now contains support for automatically cleaning up the .NET Framework 1.0, the .NET Framework 1.1, the .NET Framework 2.0, the ..NET Framework 3.0 and the .NET Framework 3.5. This tool automates the manual cleanup steps for the .NET Framework 2.0 that I posted a while ago. These steps have helped solve most of the known .NET Framework 2.0 beta uninstall issues that I know of. In addition, the tool can be useful to return your system to a known (relatively clean) state in case you run into any .NET Framew...

Web resources about - Install Framework 1.1 after Framework 2.0 already installed? - asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0

Pre-installed software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bundled software is another name for pre-installed software, as pre-installed are all bundled with a hardware device of some kind. However, bundled ...

REPORT: Facebook Home Can Be Installed On All Android Devices Running 4.0 And Up
The good news: Facebook Home can now be run on all Android devices running version 4.0 of the mobile operating system or higher, even if they ...

CPU fan installed - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Garrette's photos on Flickr. Garrette has uploaded 3652 photos to Flickr.

Gay-friendly traffic lights installed in Vienna - YouTube
Keep up-to-date with the latest news, subscribe here: http://bit.ly/AFP-subscribe Several pedestrian crossings in Vienna are showing symbols ...

Brisbane's new public art installed
From a distance, it looks like Commissioner Gordon's Bat-signal.

Cameras installed on hull of ISS (00:59)

Where in the US is solar installed?

'Spyware' installed on rental laptops