i used to use vbCommenter on 1.1, what i suppost to use in 2.0 ???

Hi...
What's the best way to document the project on asp.net 2.0 ?? is there a new version of vbCommenter ??

tks
0
alexandrem
8/30/2005 3:33:26 PM
asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0 1016 articles. 0 followers. Follow

not sure if its the same thing (i know nothing about vbcommenter), but one kick ass thing that VB.NET now does is allow you to "comment" a function or subroutine..

right click on the declaration line for the routine and choose "Insert comment"....  you'll see it gives you sections for description, paramters, and output..  anything put in those tags will show up in Intellisense when you use that code in other parts of the application
"If you make it idiot proof, they'll build a better idiot"
0
MorningZ

Create module using .NET ver 2.0 and use with DNN 2.1.2
Hi all, i would like to start to test the .NET 2.0 version of the framework ad i would like to know is there some problem if i write a module with the 2.0 version of .NET and use with DNN 2.1.2. Thanks Stefano...

Any advantages of migrating to .NET 2.0 on still using .NET 1.1 projects?
Sorry for the noob Q - but will I get any advantages in installing .NET 2.0 Framework alongside .NET 1.1 if I dont plan to upgrade my ASP .NET 1.1 web applications?I have a few servers that I will be installing the .NET 2.0 Framework so as to develop in VS2005, however on some servers that will not (at this stage) be used for .NET 2.0 apps and that I may not have the time to convert some VS2003 applications to VS2005, I was in the 'if it aint broke, dont fix it' kind of thinking and didn't know if installing .NET 2.0 would bring any advantages.TIA.  I happen to agree. If you don't nee...

Using .net 2.0 ws in .net 1.1
Hi,I have a ws written in 2.0 that returns a dataset. I need to use this ws in .net 1.1. Seems like having the ws returning typed datasets causing a problem.I am using c# for the ws. Does anyone have any idea ? Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks, recruit A web service should be indifferent to which version of ASP.NET is producing and which version is consuming. Please post any error messages and the wsdl produced by the 1.1 consumer. Have you loaded WSE 3.0 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=018a09fd-3a74-43c5-8ec1-8d789091255d&displaylang=en) and mon...

Using .NET 1.1 dll in .NET 2.0
I have my old application on Visual Studio 2003, now we are planning to migrate to Visual Studio 2005, so is there a way to use my old dlls as references that were built using .NET Framework 1.1 in a new application that will be built using .NET Framework 2.0? I also have a question regarding the posibility to build code that was written in Visual Studio 2003 environment using .NET Framework 2.0 compiler?Mohammad Abu-AliMicrosoft Certified Professional Hi, Yes you can use your .NET 1.1 dll in your 2.0 app (but the other side is not true) For the last question, there is great chance...

Migration Path for a Hosted Exchange using version 2.0 solution (with MPS 1.0) to Hosted Exchange solution 3.0 (with MPS 2.0)
In the version 2.0 they just deployed Active Directory an Exchange provising with run with Window 2000 and Exchange 2000 and MPS (Microsoft Provisioning System) 1.0My actual assumed path to migrateFix mangled Exch2k objectsExtend Windows 2000 schema (native mode) to Windows 2003 schema, prepare Windows 200 domain to Window 2003 domainFix DNS zones acording Windows 2003 modelUgrade W2k domain controlers to Windows 2003Extend Windows 2003 schema for Exch2k3 and prepare hosting forest and Domain for Exchange 2k3Question Here In this moment of the upgrade path they still running MPS 1.0, Anyone...

Install 1.0 and 1.1 side-by-side and use the 1.1 csc to compile a 1.0
Hi, I have the following (tricky) questions: 1. Can I install the 1.0 and 1.1 .NET Framework side-by-side with NO drawbacks on MY PC where I develop the .NET applications? (I do NOT use VS.NET) 2. After installing the 1.1 version, am I STILL ABLE to compile a 1.0 version, since our production web-server still runs on 1.0 (our development web-server was upgraded to 1.1) ?? thx Eau .... as long as you compile DLLs with the right csc.exe/vbc.exe from 1.0 or 1.1 Free ASP.NET Version Switcher may interest you.DNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls...

Moving to 2.0 framework, still using old projects written in 1.0/1.1
I work for a small to mid size company and we are currently using VS 2003 with the 1.0 and 1.1 framework.  We are looking to start new development in 2.0 in the near future.  There are several system level components written in 1.0 that all of our projects reference.  What impact will moving to the new framework have on these components written in 1.0/1.1 that will be referenced in 2.0 projects?  You should be able to reference componets written and compiled in 1.0 and 1.1 from 2.0 applications.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posti...

How to use .net 1.1 on webserver after adding .net 2.0 Framework
I have a web server with .net 1.1 installed on it. I am going to install the .net 2.0 framewrok on my server. How can I select the .net 1.1 framework for my existing applications that are already using 1.1 after I install 2.0. Someone told me about going onto IIS and in the properties there is a tab to select the version of .net, I have looked at this but it there is no tab to choose .net version, my web server is ms server 2000. Anyone any idea how to do this? Thanks macca macca:Someone told me about going onto IIS and in the properties there is a tab to select the version of .net, I...

enigmail-1.0.1 for TB-3.0.x and enigmail-1.1.2 for TB-3.1.x available
Hi, enigmail-1.0.1 (TB-3.0.x) and enigmail-1.1.2 (TB-3.1.x) are available at http://enigmail.mozdev.org. Note for Seamonkey-2.0.x you can download and install enigmail-1.0.1. Have fun, Walter ...

.DLL compiled with .NET 1.1 to be used in Web app done in .NET 2.0
Hi all,If I have a bunch of business objects that where compiled in .NET version 1.1, would it be possible for my ASP.NET (done in .NET 2.0) application to pick up these objects (.dll file) and start to use them?(Would be great if some-one could provide some form of documentation on this)ThanksTryst Hi Tryst, This should work fine.  In general, you can use V1.1 assemblies with V2.0 applications.  The reverse, though, is not true. Hope this helps, Scott ok, cool.ThanksTryst Comparative study on VS .Net 2003 and VS.Net 2005 .Net Framework versions used are ver...

From 2.1.2 to 3.1 or 2.1.2 to 3.0.13 to 3.1

Web resources about - i used to use vbCommenter on 1.1, what i suppost to use in 2.0 ??? - asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0

When Good Comments Go Bad
Now that XML comments are confirmed for VB.NET in VS.NET 2005, I've started to aggressively adopt the VBCommenter add-in , which adds XML comment ...