error in converting a framework 1.1 vb.net web site to framework 2.0

I am trying to convert a framework 1.1 vb.net web site to framework 2.0 site, and it's not possible to rewrite it.  I have gone through the convertion wizard and compliled successfully. Sound great so far. However, when I run the page via the virtual web server, I get a error message said, "Parser Error Message: Could not load type BizWeb.WebPages.DefaultSettings.FeeForm"

Did anyone exprience this problem when doing convertion? Please share some experience to me.

Thanks in advance!

vcllvc

0
vcllvc
4/23/2007 5:33:44 PM
asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0 1016 articles. 0 followers. Follow

One way: Go to IIS manager, right click on the virtual folder and go to properties. Then, under Application settings hit create. This will build an application if it's not already there.

Second Way: Build your application again and then run.

0
Shrikaant

NET Framework 2.0 and NET Framework 1.1
Can framework 2.0 and framework 1.1 be installed and used on the same PC at same time? can asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 running site by site together? Thanks. Hi,yes they can. At my current machine I have these installed .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 without any problems.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. after creating a website don't forget to check that this website uses which version of .net (go to website properties--> ASP .NET in IIS)feed the creative machine...

Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0
Dear All Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it. But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code. By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall ...

Automated cleanup tool to remove the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5
"I have posted an updated version of the .NET Framework cleanup tool that now contains support for automatically cleaning up the .NET Framework 1.0, the .NET Framework 1.1, the .NET Framework 2.0, the ..NET Framework 3.0 and the .NET Framework 3.5. This tool automates the manual cleanup steps for the .NET Framework 2.0 that I posted a while ago. These steps have helped solve most of the known .NET Framework 2.0 beta uninstall issues that I know of. In addition, the tool can be useful to return your system to a known (relatively clean) state in case you run into any .NET Framew...

.NET Framework 1.0 and 1.1 #2
I develop apps on a Windows server running Framework 1.1. Initially we had 1.0 installed on our local computers and was later on upgraded to 1.1. When I try to build a component that was made for 1.1, it gives me an error saying that I am using v1.0. When I go to Help -> About in Visual Studio, I see .NET 1.0 listed When I go to Add/Remove programs, I see both .NET 1.0 and .NET 1.1 listed Why is it using 1.0 when 1.1 is installed? Please help. Have you upgraded your version of Visual Studio to VS 2003? You'll need that version to build for Framework 1.1JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC+...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Connection error when changing web setting from .Net Framework 1.1 to 2.0
I have an application that runs on IIS 6 (2003 server). The ,Net Framework setting was for version 1.1. I make connection to the SQL server using the following code: Dim cmd As SqlCommandDim cn As New SqlConnection(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("MyDB")) Dim sSQL As String sSQL = "My sql string here" cmd = New SqlCommand(sSQL, cn) cn.Open() The ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("MyDB") is in my Web.Config file as follows:  <add key="MyDB" v﹔lue="server=MyServer;uid=MyUID;pwd=MyPassword;Database=MyDatabase;Max Pool Size=900"...

Question about .NET Framework 1.1 and Framework 2.0
HI I have a question rrelated to .NET framework.So here's the deal, I have a Visual Studio .NET 2003 installed on my machine and it's using (of course) .NET Framework 1.1. Then I want to try using Visual Studio .NET 2005 and by the way it's using .NET Framework 2.0 right? so my question is:1. If I installed .NET framework 2.0 on my machine that already have .NET Framework 1.1, will they collide, will my machine crash or goin' haywire ?2. If It succeded installing the 2.0 framework, will my Visual Studio .NET 2003 still working, can my program that usually runs on framework 1....

.Net framework 1.1 and 2.0 beta 1 conflict
I'm currently developing web applicationd using .Net framework 1.1 and I would like to start evaluating the new Visual Studio 2005 with version 2.0. However, I would like to know if I can still use my version 1.1 to continue the development of my web apps and have version 2.0 installed on my machine. I have tried previously and Visual Studio .NET 2003 was referencing to the new framework version and I supposed IIS would have done the same. I had to removed version 2.0 but I'm still curious on trying out Visual Studio 2005. Does anybody have an answer to use both versions on ...

Web resources about - error in converting a framework 1.1 vb.net web site to framework 2.0 - asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0