DLL does not run on .Net 2.0 but runs on .Net 1.1

We have a DLL that was written in .Net 1.1. The DLL was not developed by us and therefore we do not have the source code to modify it. Based on my investigations, the DLL seems to be inheriting from the ‘system.web.ui.pair’ class. Unfortunately, this class is now sealed in .Net 2.0 and it therefore can not be used in inheritance. Does anybody have an idea on how we can make this DLL work in .Net 2.0?  Any walk arounds? Thanks

0
dmusk
2/16/2007 8:20:14 PM
asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0 1016 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Try to use Reflection to know the stucture of DLL.

Thanks

Girijesh
http://www.girijesh.in/
0
Girijesh

Running .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 apps on same server. Problem???
I have .NET 1.1 running on remote (dedicated) server.  I have just installed Net 2.0 and created a Hello-World App to test it.  It worked fine yesterday, but today when I try it again I get "Server Application Unavailable" My 1.1 web apps seem to be running ok.  The following message was in the event log.  "It is not possible to run two different versions of ASP.NET in the same IIS process. Please use the IIS Administration Tool to reconfigure your server to run the application in a separate process"Can someone please advise me how to run 1.1 and 2.0 web apps on the sam...

Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0
Dear All Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it. But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code. By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall ...

Help! Running .net 1.1 website on server with .net 2.0
Hi All,I have problems with running my .net version 1.1 website on a server that has .net version 2.0. Also my database is in sql server 2003 and on the server it is sql server 2005. The error that I am getting is: "unhandled exception..." and "invalid connection..."Please help! Kindly let me know if I have to modify my web.config file or other changes. (The website is working properly on my current server with sql server 2003 and .net framework version 1.1. ) Will let you know more details if required. Regards and thanks.  Hi, did you migrate your application to that server? If...

Running server controls compiled for .NET 1.1 in .NET 2.0
Hello, I have tried upgrading our ASP.NET 1.1 application to .NET 2.0 by using Web Application Projects, and it works beautifully. We use several 3rd party controls that we bought for use in .NET 1.1 and these seem to just work in .NET 2.0, except that I get an intermittent problem with one of them. Should DLLs compiled using .NET 1.1 simply work, except if they access classes that have been removed from the framework in .NET 2.0? If I have both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 present on the machine and the ASP.NET application is configured to run using .NET 2.0 and I have a DLL compiled using .NE...

HELP Running a web-site with .NET 2.0 and NET 1.1
Hi evreybody,  I have a HUGE problem. I running a website that I have just created with ASP .NET 2.0 technology, well within my web site there is an web application that needs to run under V1.1. I'm using IIS 6.0 and I was wondering to see if anybody can help me run my new site, and run that web app at the same time. Basically is two sites within one web directory, the way you acces both sites is by the same link, just one is ROOT/default aspx (V2.0) and the other is Root/webapp/default.aspx (v1.1) can anybody help me... :( THANK you you will have to define them as two separate w...

Migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi All, Well i hoped that the migrating went smoother then is does so far. I had a few problem which i could fix with blogs from other developers, but i didn't find a good solution for this problem. Somehow i get the following error: "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'Inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class" Well i worked very good before the migration. Some advise would be very welcome! Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. Maybe this post will hel...

Running .net 1.1 and 2.0 beta 2 on the same server
Forgive me if this is the wrong forum for this topic - I did some searches and didn't find an answer to my question.I've got a windows 2003/IIS 6.0 box here at work.  Previously, we were running .net 1.1 and .net 2.0 Beta 1 web applications on it side by side.  No problems.  I upgraded to beta 2 (going with the "go live" license), and followed the instructions at the MSDN Lab site - I removed the old version of the framework before installing.  When beta 2 was installed, everything 1.1 stopped working.  Any .aspx page returned a "Server Application Unavailable" ...

Using .NET 1.1 dll in .NET 2.0
I have my old application on Visual Studio 2003, now we are planning to migrate to Visual Studio 2005, so is there a way to use my old dlls as references that were built using .NET Framework 1.1 in a new application that will be built using .NET Framework 2.0? I also have a question regarding the posibility to build code that was written in Visual Studio 2003 environment using .NET Framework 2.0 compiler?Mohammad Abu-AliMicrosoft Certified Professional Hi, Yes you can use your .NET 1.1 dll in your 2.0 app (but the other side is not true) For the last question, there is great chance...

Migrate DataGrid .NEt 1.1 to .NEt 2.0
Hi I has just convert my ASP.NET web application from .NET 1.1 to .NEt 2.0 so far there is no problem but my datagrid seems to be acting really weird my datagrid has 3 columns and have paging enabled. When there is one/two row of data. The paging(which shows us the number of page) seems to have a column span of 1)  If i click on the second row of data.... the paging will have the column span of 3 This does not happen if there is more than 2 data   please go to the link for better clarification http://yingleekit.multiply.com/photos/album/1/work#1 http://ying...

having .net 1.1 and .net 2.0
Was just wondering if you someone could tell me the ramifications of the following:  I have .net 2.0 but did not uninstally .net 1.1, i have visual studio 2003, and visual web developer installed on the computer as well as sql server 2000.  my question is whether that is a problem having the two runtimes installed at the same time?  i did this because i wanted to use VWD but keep vs 2003 in case i needed to do any development for work....any comments are appreciated.  --jpIf my post is helpful please mark as answerRegards -- jp(http://www.rzrsolutions.com/rzrWeb20/...

.net 2.0 to .net 1.1
Hello , This is shrirang. Currently i am working .net2.0 web application. but the same application is runing on production in .net 1.1 freamwork . we are not using any new feature of 2.0 in our application . can i run build of 2.0 on 1.1 freamwork . if yes can you  please tell me necessary steps to achive it .     Thanks in advance for your kind help     Regards Shrirang i think it is not possible to run the 2.0 application in 1.1 , so try to change to the frame work in the production server . ThanksRaja Ragothaman Hi Shrirang, Please contact web adm...

Web resources about - DLL does not run on .Net 2.0 but runs on .Net 1.1 - asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0

Ted Cruz Says Sorry to New Yorkers in True Ted Cruz Style
Texas Sen. Ted Cruz apologized to New Yorkers Friday—for the indignities they have suffered under “liberal policies.” Cruz upset the Big Apple ...

A Perceptive Headline About David Bowie
Above is the headline accompanying Billboard magazine’s review of David Bowie’s Blackstar , which was released just days before he passed away ...

John Krasinski Talks About Sitting at Leonardo DiCaprio's Golden Globes Table
John Krasinski takes a seat during his appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show airing on Friday (January 15) from Los Angeles. The 36-year-old ...

Police: Dispute Over Stirring Pot of Chili Leads to Attack
Police say a dispute over stirring a pot of chili led to an attack that injured 2 people at a Detroit home

El Chapo Reportedly Had Time for Erectile Disfunction Surgery While on the Run
After escaping from prison last summer, Mexico’s most powerful drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman surely found himself with a busy schedule ...

These top-selling dresses at Macy's, Kmart and Wal-Mart show us what retail got wrong
Friday morning’s news that Wal-Mart plans to close 269 stores, including nine in California, will certainly have an effect on walk-in retail ...

Benedict Cumberbatch Pays Tribute to Alan Rickman in a Brief Scene From The Simpsons
Benedict Cumberbatch , who has previously performed spot-on impressions of the late Alan Rickman , did so once again in a fitting tribute to ...

‘Scream Queens’: Who Is Coming Back For Season 2?
As the news of Scream Queens ‘ second-season renewal sinks in, attention shifts to which of the original stars will transition from the Wallace ...

APNewsBreak: Coal suspension affects 30-plus mining projects
BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) — At least 30 applications from companies seeking to mine hundreds of millions of tons of coal face suspension as the government ...

French drug trial turns disastrous, leaving 1 brain dead and 5 hospitalized
Health Minister Marisol Touraine, pictured, told reporters that she was overwhelmed by the distress of the harmed volunteers. "Their lives have ...