after migrating 1.1 to 2.0, project still compiles to 1 single dll, how to convert to "website project"?

Hi, just converted a 1.1 project to 2.0 with VS 2005 SP1. I wanted to convert it to the "website" model so that pages would compile to different dlls versus 1 single dll.

 However it converted to 1 single dll. How do i covert it to where it compiles every page separately?

 Any tips would be appreciated

andryuha
6/15/2007 12:27:48 PM
asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0 1016 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Here are 2 articles which provide detailed steps for migrating ASP.NET 1.1 to 2.0 including using the "website" model.

http://www.pointercorp.com/Convert_ASPDOTNET_11_20.htm

Hope that helps.

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Sincerely,
Kevin Yu
Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Mark as Not Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
0
Kevin
6/18/2007 8:22:02 AM

Hi Kevin,

Followed first guide to a T numerous times to the same result.

But when start (F5) the project for debugging/release, in the ouput window, we're seing that the single assembly for the project compiles, but then right after everysingle page is being compiled again into single assemblies in the asp.net temp files folder.

 If we don't make any changes and start the project right after again, in the output window, the single assembly for the project compiles really quick (just like it behaved in asp.net 1.1), but yet again every single page get's recompiled as if we were using Web Site Project model, we can see the single page assemblies pop up in asp.net temp files folder.

What are we missing?

andryuha
11/7/2007 4:01:21 PM

have a look at my blog on web application project . http://undocnet.blogspot.com

0
Dancoe

Any advantages of migrating to .NET 2.0 on still using .NET 1.1 projects?
Sorry for the noob Q - but will I get any advantages in installing .NET 2.0 Framework alongside .NET 1.1 if I dont plan to upgrade my ASP .NET 1.1 web applications?I have a few servers that I will be installing the .NET 2.0 Framework so as to develop in VS2005, however on some servers that will not (at this stage) be used for .NET 2.0 apps and that I may not have the time to convert some VS2003 applications to VS2005, I was in the 'if it aint broke, dont fix it' kind of thinking and didn't know if installing .NET 2.0 would bring any advantages.TIA.  I happen to agree. If you don't nee...

unrecognized attribute "requirePermission" after converting 1.1 project to 2.0
Hi, I converted an ASP.NEt 1.1 web application to ASP.NET 2.0. Now if I try to run my applciation in 2.0 I am getting this error. My ASP.NET version in IIS is set to 2.0 but I am still getting this error. I have some dlls in this project that are v1.1. Is this the reason why I am getting this error? Any ideas? Thanks, Manu  Hi Manu,What is the requirePermission setting in web.config file, you can try different trust level. <system.web> <trust level="Full" /></system.web> Zhao Ji MaSincerely,Microsoft Online Community Support“Please remembe...

Problem with Project Migrating from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0
Hi i am working in .net 1.1 and i am working on a web service. it 's working fine in .net 1.1 with vs2003 but when i migrated my WS from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 i am getting System.FormatException while converting datetime from string using DateTime.Parse method. it was not happening earlier when i was using .net 1.1. My WS converted from vs2003 to vs2005 using a wizard and it doesn's shows a single error.   i did lots of googling on this issue but didnot gets any help , so any reply in the matter will be highly appericiable.  thanks vishal sharma vishalsharma808...

Problem compiling 1.1 to 2.0 migrated project
I am trying to migrate my company's product from 1.1 to 2.0.  I have run the solution through the migration wizard and am trying to get the code to compile.  I am experiencing what seems like odd behavior from the compiler.I am getting the following compiler error trying to compile some pages:"error ASPNET: Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class (e.g. Page or UserControl)."Here is an example of one of the pages giving the error:<%@ Page Language="C#" Inherits="Perillon.Workspace.Error.PopupW...

updated 1.2.2 to 2.0.1 but still shows 1.2.2
I just reinstalled the SBS 6 with the NW6 SP3 Overly cd and i put web access, iprint, dhcp/dns, naas on the initial install. I then proceded to upgrade edir to 8.7.1 ( i updated jvm and the other stuff that 8.7.1 required first) and everything went great. I then udated imanager from 1.2.2. to 2.0.1 and the install went as expected no errors or anything. Here is the problem when i surf to iManager with internet exploder 6 it shows me i am using 1.2.2. I read the instructions and they talk about some migrating but the direction don't match imanager 1.2.2 (i assume they are reffe...

enigmail-1.0.1 for TB-3.0.x and enigmail-1.1.2 for TB-3.1.x available
Hi, enigmail-1.0.1 (TB-3.0.x) and enigmail-1.1.2 (TB-3.1.x) are available at http://enigmail.mozdev.org. Note for Seamonkey-2.0.x you can download and install enigmail-1.0.1. Have fun, Walter ...

Moving to 2.0 framework, still using old projects written in 1.0/1.1
I work for a small to mid size company and we are currently using VS 2003 with the 1.0 and 1.1 framework.  We are looking to start new development in 2.0 in the near future.  There are several system level components written in 1.0 that all of our projects reference.  What impact will moving to the new framework have on these components written in 1.0/1.1 that will be referenced in 2.0 projects?  You should be able to reference componets written and compiled in 1.0 and 1.1 from 2.0 applications.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posti...

converted 1.1 to 2.0 Web application project, now project compiles under both models
Hi,  Just converted our fairly big 1.1 project to 2.0.  Then used "Convert to Web application" on the whole project. When we just "build" or "rebuild" the ouput window tells us that is compiled into one assembly in the "bin" directory, just as intended and the reason we converted to Web application project type. Now, when we either "debug" or run it after deploying it: - it complies  to one single assembly again, and we get a confirmation of that in the "output" window. - but then it proceeds to compil...

From 2.1.2 to 3.1 or 2.1.2 to 3.0.13 to 3.1

Question about migrating a project from 1.1 to 2.0...
Ok, normally when I have to upload or move my ASP.Net 1.1 projects I do simple xcopies like so: xcopy c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\bin\*.* w:\bin\*.* /s /m /yxcopy c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\*.aspx w:\*.* /m /yxcopy c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\*.vb w:\*.* /m /y but do I need to do something more for my ASP.Net 2.0 applications?  The reason I ask is that I have a 3rd party tool that works great with my 1.1 project and all I need to do to get it to run off my localhost (1.1) is copy thier engine dll over with my bin folder. But the target server is 2003 server running IIS 6 whereas my localhost is XP Pro SP2 wit...

Migrating of EnterpriseLibrary Project from 1.1 to 2.0
Hi, I have to migrate a Web Service written in .Net 1.1 which uses references to the EnterpriseLibrary (Configuration, ExceptionHandling, Security), ie the June 2005 version. Since I have to migrate the project over to .Net 2.0 , is it as simple as downloading the .Net 2.0 version of the Enterprise Library, or are there any gotchas?  If anyone has any experience of this would really love to know.Mickey There should not be any "major gotchas"...I have done that myself before and it worked for me. One thing is that the config files are a bit different, so you might want to watch ...

Web resources about - after migrating 1.1 to 2.0, project still compiles to 1 single dll, how to convert to "website project"? - asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0