.NET 2.0 side by side with 1.1

My web server is running on Windows 2000, IIS 5.1 and .NET 1.1 .
I need to install SQL 2003 and for that I need .NET 2.0 to be installed.
Can I install the 2.0 framework side by side with 1.1?  If so how
do I make sure that my web site contimue using then 1.1 Framework?

freedom1029
3/8/2006 4:33:16 PM
asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0 1016 articles. 0 followers. Follow

yes you can. Just install Framework (dotnetfx.exe) manually from command-line with /noaspupgrade switch e.g Dotnetfx.exe /c:"install /noaspupgrade"

Just note that even if you'd accidentally upgrade the site without this switch, Framework 2.0 installation adds "ASP.NET" tab to IIS from where you can always switch the ASP.NET version on the fly in matter of seconds, so it's not end of the world.

 For the reference: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/sxkaek9b.aspx

Thanks,

Teemu Keiski
Finland, EU
0
joteke

Running .net version 2.0 and 1.1 side by side
Hi there, I read a thread on this forum which suggested that it's possible to intall both versions 2.0 and 1.1 on the same server. Can someone please provide me more information on how this works. for example, how do you tell the application the use Version 1.1. instead of version 2? It seems to me that once you have version 2 installed it takes over version one and you can't go back but I'm sure I'm just inexperienced. One other thing, sometimes I need to compile C# classes to produce libraries (.dll). Right now in my command prompt I have access to the c# compiler for version 2. Surelly,...

Migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi All, Well i hoped that the migrating went smoother then is does so far. I had a few problem which i could fix with blogs from other developers, but i didn't find a good solution for this problem. Somehow i get the following error: "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'Inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class" Well i worked very good before the migration. Some advise would be very welcome! Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. Maybe this post will hel...

Install 1.0 and 1.1 side-by-side and use the 1.1 csc to compile a 1.0
Hi, I have the following (tricky) questions: 1. Can I install the 1.0 and 1.1 .NET Framework side-by-side with NO drawbacks on MY PC where I develop the .NET applications? (I do NOT use VS.NET) 2. After installing the 1.1 version, am I STILL ABLE to compile a 1.0 version, since our production web-server still runs on 1.0 (our development web-server was upgraded to 1.1) ?? thx Eau .... as long as you compile DLLs with the right csc.exe/vbc.exe from 1.0 or 1.1 Free ASP.NET Version Switcher may interest you.DNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls...

Migrate DataGrid .NEt 1.1 to .NEt 2.0
Hi I has just convert my ASP.NET web application from .NET 1.1 to .NEt 2.0 so far there is no problem but my datagrid seems to be acting really weird my datagrid has 3 columns and have paging enabled. When there is one/two row of data. The paging(which shows us the number of page) seems to have a column span of 1)  If i click on the second row of data.... the paging will have the column span of 3 This does not happen if there is more than 2 data   please go to the link for better clarification http://yingleekit.multiply.com/photos/album/1/work#1 http://ying...

Migrating .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0/3.5
We have many of our application running in .NET 1.1, and plannig to migrate all one-by-one, i know there will be a big challenge for this activity, What we are planning is not to migrate all in one shot, After migrating one application we will give for some selective users testing once we feel it is OK, do the next. What is best way of doing this thing? Any links, thrid party tools, since opening this in VWD 2005, it is converting the application but many errors are popuping up. Any reference would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance. Hi, Please follow the steps mentioned in this l...

Problem with Project Migrating from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0
Hi i am working in .net 1.1 and i am working on a web service. it 's working fine in .net 1.1 with vs2003 but when i migrated my WS from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 i am getting System.FormatException while converting datetime from string using DateTime.Parse method. it was not happening earlier when i was using .net 1.1. My WS converted from vs2003 to vs2005 using a wizard and it doesn's shows a single error.   i did lots of googling on this issue but didnot gets any help , so any reply in the matter will be highly appericiable.  thanks vishal sharma vishalsharma808...

enigmail-1.0.1 for TB-3.0.x and enigmail-1.1.2 for TB-3.1.x available
Hi, enigmail-1.0.1 (TB-3.0.x) and enigmail-1.1.2 (TB-3.1.x) are available at http://enigmail.mozdev.org. Note for Seamonkey-2.0.x you can download and install enigmail-1.0.1. Have fun, Walter ...

having .net 1.1 and .net 2.0
Was just wondering if you someone could tell me the ramifications of the following:  I have .net 2.0 but did not uninstally .net 1.1, i have visual studio 2003, and visual web developer installed on the computer as well as sql server 2000.  my question is whether that is a problem having the two runtimes installed at the same time?  i did this because i wanted to use VWD but keep vs 2003 in case i needed to do any development for work....any comments are appreciated.  --jpIf my post is helpful please mark as answerRegards -- jp(http://www.rzrsolutions.com/rzrWeb20/...

.net 2.0 to .net 1.1
Hello , This is shrirang. Currently i am working .net2.0 web application. but the same application is runing on production in .net 1.1 freamwork . we are not using any new feature of 2.0 in our application . can i run build of 2.0 on 1.1 freamwork . if yes can you  please tell me necessary steps to achive it .     Thanks in advance for your kind help     Regards Shrirang i think it is not possible to run the 2.0 application in 1.1 , so try to change to the frame work in the production server . ThanksRaja Ragothaman Hi Shrirang, Please contact web adm...

1.1 and 2.0 side-by-side
We are using a asp.net site tha depends on 7 dlls. We have upgraded the whole system to 2.0 Our problem now is that 2 of the dll's need to run under version 1.1. Can this be done? GacUtils etc? regards Jens Chr...

1.1 and 2.0 side by side
How can i install and run .netframeword 1.1 and 2.0 side by side on the same box? preferrable windows 2003 Just install them both.Bryan SampicaAuction Site StarterKit |My Blog will that cause any conflict and also should should it affect current application on the server running 1.4?my assumptions are as followinstall the 2.0 as 1.4 is already on the server and then they will both be runningcurrent apps under 1.4 will remain under 1.4 unless change to run under 2.0also .net framework will not affect any other service/software running on the server or in other words should not.please...

Automated cleanup tool to remove the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5
"I have posted an updated version of the .NET Framework cleanup tool that now contains support for automatically cleaning up the .NET Framework 1.0, the .NET Framework 1.1, the .NET Framework 2.0, the ..NET Framework 3.0 and the .NET Framework 3.5. This tool automates the manual cleanup steps for the .NET Framework 2.0 that I posted a while ago. These steps have helped solve most of the known .NET Framework 2.0 beta uninstall issues that I know of. In addition, the tool can be useful to return your system to a known (relatively clean) state in case you run into any .NET Framew...

Web resources about - .NET 2.0 side by side with 1.1 - asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0

Side - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
...  /  36.76667°N 31.38889°E  / 36.76667; 31.38889 Coordinates : 36°46′00″N 31°23′20″E  /  36.76667°N 31.38889°E  / 36.76667; 31.38889 Side ...

Information Technology Dark Side — Struggles of a Self-Taught Coder
Hiring IFL (Intern for Live) Until recently, we really struggled to provide consistent customer service. Sometimes we were awesome – customers ...

Software on the Side
While I was at Ancestry.com, we used the StrengthsFinder assessment to give us insights into ourselves. If you haven’t taken it, I highly recommend ...

Rumblings of discontent at Valencia as Gary Neville's side is held by Rayo
Gary Neville's disappointing start as Valencia coach continued when the ambitious Singapore-owned club drew 2-2 at home to lowly Rayo Vallecano ...

Is There A Bright Side To the Shrinking Loonie? 6
There are reasons to love our low loonie.

Packers’ Aaron Rodgers: ‘The pressure is all on that side’
A playoff game is always a pressure-packed environment, but Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers isn't feeling it.

China to attempt a space first: Landing on the far side of the Moon
... carried the Yutu rover to the lunar surface in 2013. (credit: CNSA) China plans to become the first nation to land a probe on the far side ...

The National side project LNDZNDRF announce debut album & live shows; EL VY covered Bowie on 'Colbert' ...
LNDZNDRF Back in October, The National's Matt Berninger collaborated with former Menomena frontman Brent Knopf as EL VY, releasing a fantastic ...

Buying A Tesla… On The Other Side Of The Country — Part 2
... adventure, as many of the learnings speak to the overall Tesla buying experience, the culture of [&hellip Buying A Tesla… On The Other Side ...

Klay: 'Just gotta get our edge back on that side of ball...'
Enter to win prizes during the entire month of January! You can win tickets to a Warriors game, CSN studio tours, a chance to attend the Coaching ...