VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003 #2

why there is no datagrid anymore when i drag the tables in design view?

it's the gridview,and where is the data adapter.

How will i connect the tables now?

0
jazzyyy

Here are a couple videos on the new Data model in VS2005.  I think you will find it much easier to use.  I have watch the first one, but the second is by Fritz Onion.  I think there is an Advanced Data Binding Video in the same series done by him as well.

ASP.NET HOW DO I Video Series: Data

MSDN Webcast: Essential ASP.NET for the Web Developer (Part 5 of 15): Introduction to Data Binding (Level 200)

Hope this helps

- Neil -
0
NHuffman
2/24/2006 3:26:04 AM

Note that the DataGrid is still supported -- but no longer on the toolbox by default.  If you want to add it to the Toolbox, you can right click on the toolbox and select the "choose items" context menu.  You can then select and add the DataGrid.

Hope this helps,

Scott

0
ScottGu

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

Migration VS.Net 2003 to VS.Net 2005
I want to migrate to framework 2.0.Questions :1) Can i use Vs.Net 2005 and framework 2.0 with Sql Server 2000 ? or must i migrate too 2005 2) I read in some forums there is some problem to migrate vs.net 2003 solutions/project to 2005, It's right ?3) Is it necessery to modify a lot of c# code (deprecate, ...) ?4) Can i work both Vs.Net2003 framework 1.1 ans Vs.net 2005 framework 2.0 on the same development machine ?Thanks. Patrick Ducret Hi, 1) Yes you can. You can use SQL2000 from .NET 2.0 as you did from .NET 1.x. SQL2005 just has some additional features to offer. 2) It can be if...

Migration issues from VS.Net 2003 to VS.Net 2005
I have a ASP.Net 1.x web application developed using VS 2003. The language used for this application is VB.Net. When I tried to migrate to VS 2005 I am getting the list of errors and warnings as shown below. I have been trying the migration in a new machine which does not have VS 2003.  List of Error:  1. Expression of type 'String' can never be of type 'System.DBNull'.   List of Warnings: 1. The referenced component 'CDONTS' could not be found.   2. Cannot load type library for reference "CDONTS". Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80...

VS.NET 2003 to VS.Net 2005
Hi   I just converetd my VS.Net 2003 project to VS.NET 2005 using the convert wizard in Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project. It compiled with no build errors and a few warnings. When Iam trying to view the project, then it gives me 404 error. Can someone help ? Thanks Could you confirm you are using WAP (Web Application Projects) versus the built-in WSP (Web Site model)? If you have a project file after converting, then you are using WAP. Could you post the actual 404 error you got? Also, did you set your start page in the converted project?  -Mike-...

Can you have VS .net 2003 AND VS.net 2005 Beta 2 installed on same machine?
Right now I have Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 installed on my machine, but I also need to put on the Visual Studio 2003 Professional to work with some older projects. Can I installed the Visual Studio 2003 Professional on the same machine with out messing anything up?Thanks Yes you can have them side by side!   Also see http://blogs.msdn.com/robcaron/archive/2005/04/20/410224.aspx link of Robcorn, it also could helps you!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti great thanks, I am installing the 2003 version now on my machine that already has the ...

VS.NET 2003 and VS.NET 2005 on same machine
I've seen some postings indicating that you can have VS.NET 2003 and VS.NET 2005 side by side on the same machine.  I've also seen some comments that if doing this there is something that gets messed up, but I can't locate what it is and what the solution might be. Can someone shed some light on this for me regarding what might get messed up and where I can find the fixes to it? Thanks, Ira  Ira Richard Smith I have this set up. no prob at all.-DarrenNeese.com-DNN ROCKS!-DeveloperSchool.com Same here along with VS.Net 2002 & VS 6.0 I'm running 2003 and 2005 on wi...

VS.NET 2005 to VS.NET 2003 converter
All -- Please help. I need a VS.NET 2005 to VS.NET 2003 converter. OOPs. (It is a long story.) Anyway... Does such a thing exist? Do you have any hints? (The VS.NET 2005 code is simple and does use much of the new stuff.) Please advise. Thank you. --Mark Kamoski  http://www.NetBrainer.com...

Migrating from VS.NET 2003 to VS.NET 2008
 We are getting ready to start migrating all our applications from Visual Studio 2003 to Visual Studio 2008. Is anyone aware of any direct conversion issues? Also. a lot of our 1.1 apps use datatables as the datasource can we still do this in 2008? Yes you can.I have done some migration between 1.1 and 2.0 and there were some small issues but in general most of the things worked fine.For example Microsoft has changed the html validator in Visual Studio.also some events works a little different. If you share session cookie between some 1.1 and 2.0 (or) later apps you have to do so...

Converting project from VS:Net 2003 to Vs.Net 2005
Hi there,can anyone help with converting a project from Vs.NET 2003 to vs.net 2005. Its not the internal workings that are a problem but the organization...I understand that under mydocuments\visual Studio 2005\  there are 2 directories (amongst others)1 is projects1 is websitesin projects these store the sln file and all the code for a gui app for examplefor websites in projects is just the sln which points to the websites directory where all the code is for a website i.e. under \mydocs\visual studio 2005\websitesam i right?So in simple terms, what is the best way of importing my vs.ne...

VS.Net 2003 Conversion to VS.Net 2005 issues
I've recently installed and started using VS.Net 2005 and have converted a web service solution to .Net 2.0 which works fine. I have an ASP.Net application [still .Net 1.1] that consumed this web service and now I cannot get it to work. Previously this was referencing the binary created for the web service but obviously this binary is no longer created. I have changed this reference to a web reference and now use the WSDL files i've generated from the web service but I get the following error.// Error DetailsException Details: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with the error m...

both VS .NET 2003 AND VS .NET 2005 ARE INSTALLED SAME COMPUTER. IT IS POSSABLE
Edited by moderator XIII: please use a normal font size: Hi I have my computer Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Framwork 1.1 and all propram are runing VS .NET 2003 . I want to load my computer VS .NET 2005 and Framwork 2.0. I am not Interest to uninstalled VS .NET 2003 AND Framwork 1.1. I want both VS .NET 2003 AND VS .NET 2005 ARE INSTALLED SAME COMPUTER. IT IS POSSABLE . PLEASE HELP ME. IF ANY PROBLEM ARE THER IF VS ..NET 2003 AND 2005 ARE SAME COMPUTER. Please help me. Saikat Hi, I have both the frameworks and IDE's installed on my dev laptop without any problems. However if you wish t...

Switch back from using VS.Net 2005 to VS.Net 2003
Hi All, Last Month I installed VS.Net 2005 using Framework 2.0 beta 1. Everything worked great using VS.Net 2005. Today, I decided to switch back to VS.Net 2003. I need to do some other projects that has been developed using Framework 1.1. When I open my ASP.Net project using VS.Net 2003, I got this error "The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web Project located at the following URL:....... 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem without uninstall VS.Net2005 and reinstall VS.Net2003? Great...

Vs.Net 2002 and Vs.Net 2003
Hello: I've one question that keeps messing with my head, I want to know if you have: 1. VS.Net 2002 with Framework 1.0 and 1.1 in the same PC, which Framework it compiles apps for? 2. VS.Net 2003 with Framework 1.0 and 1.1 in the same PC, which Framework it compiles apps for? Is it possible to have an app compiled for framework 1.0 that uses DLLs or assemblies compiled for framework 1.1???? and still work ok?? thanks a lot....

Is it possible to install vs.net 2003 ans vs.net 2005 on the same machine ?
hello, All:             I am use the vs.net 2003 on my computer ,now I want to install vs.net 2005 on  the same machine .             is it possible to do it ?  when I install vs.net 2005 finish,anything special need to be config ?   thanks in advanced!   Yes you can install both.  You will need the 2.o/3.0 version of the framework for 2005, and if you run 1.1 and 2.0+ apps on IIS you'll need to set up sepaarte application pools (IIS6). JeffP...

Web resources about - VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003 #2 - asp.net.migrate-vs2003-vs2005

Donald Trump Polls: Trump’s Support Actually Grows After Controversial Call To Ban Muslims From Entering ...
Donald Trump is still atop polls for the Republican nomination, growing his lead lead over opponents even after a string of controversial statements ...

California shooters discussed martyrdom before meeting: FBI
Reuters California shooters discussed martyrdom before meeting: FBI Reuters WASHINGTON A couple who massacred 14 people at a California holiday ...

Yahoo spinoff brings an end to a pioneering era
By deciding to shed its Internet business, Yahoo is moving to take on a different business focus amid a rapidly changing online landscape. It ...

Officer says Freddie Gray gave him no reason to call for a medic
A police officer charged with manslaughter in the death of Freddie Gray testified in his own defense Wednesday, saying he didn't call for a medic ...

Ted Cruz continues to embarrass nation, himself
Surprise! Ted Cruz is a moron. The walking conspiracy theory argued with NPR’s Steve Inskeep Wednesday about how climate change is a liberal ...

The "Satoshi" PGP keys reported to be linked to Craig Wright were likely backdated, pointing to a hoax ...
Sarah Jeong / Motherboard : The “Satoshi” PGP keys reported to be linked to Craig Wright were likely backdated, pointing to a hoax — Satoshi's ...

'Trumbo' Leads the 2016 Screen Actors Guild Awards Nominations
The nominees for the 22nd Screen Actors Guild Awards have been announced today, putting awards season in full swing before the nominations for ...

Antonin Scalia: Affirmative Action Puts Black People In Schools That Are Too Hard for Them
Uniquely accomplished Twitter egg Antonin Scalia had some opinions about black people this morning. Or rather, he gave voice to some opinions ...

Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show: Selena Gomez LipSync? Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Wow, Yolanda Foster ...
Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, Lily Aldridge, Behati Prinsloo, Adriana Lima, and Alessandra Ambrosio were just some of the sexy models sauntering ...

Here’s when Verizon says you'll get 5G wireless service that’s 200 times faster than today
Wireless phones are due for a big speed boost, when new 5G, or fifth generation, wireless service rolls out. When is it coming? According to ...