Trying to bring in 1.1 project as VS2005 "Web Application Project"

I have a 1.1 project from a few years ago and am trying to turn it into a 2.0 project, but when i open VS2005 (with SP1 installed) and then open the "sln" or "vbproj" file in the project, i get prompted with

"The following web web projects must be convered to the new Web Site format"

Where is the option to use Web Application Project instead of Web Site format?   Wasn't that one of the "gee whiz" things MS was bragging about in Service Pack 1?

"If you make it idiot proof, they'll build a better idiot"
0
MorningZ

I think you can try like this:

- create a new web application "X" project in NET 2.0

- copy all files from the old project 1.0 in the new "X" site

- after that rght click on the "X" project and you will see an option "Convert into web application" (something like this)

Popa Iulia

_______________

MCP.MACD.MCSD

Popa Iulia
____________________
www.simplusoft.net
MCP.MCAD.MCSD
0
iuliax
6/20/2007 1:38:59 PM

Hi MorningZ,

Please refer to the following link. I hope it is helpful to you.

Upgrading VS 2003 Web Projects to be VS 2005 Web Application Projects
http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/migration/migration.aspx

Sincerely,
Benson Yu
Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
0
Benson

after migrating 1.1 to 2.0, project still compiles to 1 single dll, how to convert to "website project"?
Hi, just converted a 1.1 project to 2.0 with VS 2005 SP1. I wanted to convert it to the "website" model so that pages would compile to different dlls versus 1 single dll.  However it converted to 1 single dll. How do i covert it to where it compiles every page separately?  Any tips would be appreciated  Thanks Hi, Here are 2 articles which provide detailed steps for migrating ASP.NET 1.1 to 2.0 including using the "website" model. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa479567.aspxhttp://www.pointercorp.com/Convert_ASPDOTNET_11_20.htm Hope that h...

VS2005 GCN 1.1 Converted with Web Application Project
I have converted GCN 1.1 (VS2003) to VS2005 using the new Web Application Project. They provide an import capability and it seamlessly converted the VS2003 project....

"Copy Project" results in: HTTP:/1.1 500 "Internal Server Error"
Hi all,   I have tried finding a fix to this error on Google, etc. to no avail. Does anyone know what it means and/or know how I can fix this. I have had no problem uploading other webApps to hosting co.'s (although I haven't tried "copy project" to GoDaddy until now). Is this a problem with the hosting Co., or my configs? I know there is an easy answer to this question, but I am perplexed.   -cmf...

Web application project or Web site project which is "better"?
Hi,We are a bit confused as to which web project type is best to use.Currently we have a number of large projects in the old style with .vbproj files. These have been upgraded to VS2008 web application projects. Compilation seems slower of upgraded projects than created from scratch web site projects. I do get the impression MS is pushing the new style format for future releases.What are the advantages/disadvantages of the new web site project?Where do references get stored in the new style project?Where do the control declarations get hidden in partial classes?Thanks, Alex ...

Can anyone tell me the diff between .net framework versions "1.1.4322.573" and "1.1.4322.903"
Production environment is running 1.1.4322.573 Pre Production environments are running 1.1.4322.903 We are seeing some javascript errors that are only happening in our production environment. All of our pre production environments for testing, development and what not seem to be running fine. We get the generic client side error that says which line, which char number and the brief description. The actuall error states "Expected ';' " . Here is the line of code that it's complaining about. "theform = document._ctl6:Form1;" This is microsoft ge...

Converting 1.1 Web Project to a 2.0 Web Application Project, then and now...
Hey all, I hope I can explain this correctly, as I am completely lost as to what was and is going on. About 6-8 months ago, I installed VS2005 Professional on my notebook and got the VS2005 WAP conversion installation, which was a seperate add on at the time. I took a couple small 1.1 applications and as I recall pointed to the .vbproj file and allowed the conversion wizard to do it's thing and then went through the output fixing all the code which was no longer 2.o compliant (ie. Like the SMTP class changes).  Now, on my Desktop I was told to install VS2005 Team System and patc...

Is it possible to migrate VS2005 Web Application Project to VS2005 Web Site.
Good afternoon.On my first project using VS2005, it was a brand new project so we didn't have to face the migration issue.  As we were developing right after VS2005 was released, we created the code using File | New | Web Site.I have now moved onto my second project and this one is a migration from a previously existing .NET 1.1 codebase to .NET 2.0.   We are currently investigating the best approach for migrating this code from VS2003 to VS2005.  We are thinking that at least initially, we might convert the code into a VS2005 Web Application Project using the steps located at...

Web Project converted from 1.1 VS2003 to 2.0 VS2005
Hi,  this is a few questions really My site was originally in .Net 1.1 and was converted to 2.0 and then I used the 'convert to web application' option in VS2005 to keep the same model with a single dll.  The site is used by IE, Firefox and Safari.  Also I have kept a browsercaps section in the web.config (BrowserCaps update for modern browsers, http://slingfive.com/pages/code/browserCaps/) (which I think is maybe just needed in .Net 1.1)  Here's my questions; 1.  My site does not have any .browser files?  Does it need them and can anyone...

"The project you are trying to open is a Web project" Error
When I try to open the project from web at http://localhost/ngallery/nGallery.csproj in visual studio, I get this error: The project you are trying to open is a Web project...

"open project" dialog in vs2005 and vs2003
Hi. When I open project in vs2003 and folder contains *.sln file this file selected already. In vs2005 I need to click on it or press "space" to select it. Why I need one more click it's beyond my undestanding. I can reproduce.  It's definitely a change in behavior.  Visual Studio uses the Office 2003 File Open dialog for Open Project.  I think it's a bug in the Office dialog, because if I bring up File Open in Excel or Word I see the same behavior.-DanThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Thanks a lot for listening...

Can VS2005 maintain VS2003 projects (1.1)
My web host is now supporting .NET 2.0.  When I install VS2005, will I be able to support the .NET 1.1 projects??  Or will I have to keep VS2003 around to support those older projects until I can convert to 2.0??   ***   You need VS2003 also. hi, you can convert the older version projects into new version i thin there is no need of vs2003 just install the latest version and open ur project it will automatically ask u to convert, jst click the convert button and u problem will be solvedplz mark as correct if it helps  It's in a current production sit...

Web resources about - Trying to bring in 1.1 project as VS2005 "Web Application Project" - asp.net.migrate-vs2003-vs2005