Side by Side Execution of .net v1.1 and .net v2.0

Confused [8-)]

Hi i am new bie to asp.net 2.0.Till date i have been developing projects using VS.Net 1.1 and now i hv decided to upgrade to new version 2.0.Now i want to run and develop my projects using any of the versions as desired.My question is that can i install vs 2.0 without updating the previous version and will i be able to develop and run my applications in any of the versions as desired.i have been known that we can run these versions side by side(i.e. one application can use 1.1 and other 2.0),but can we do side by side development as well(i.e. one application can use 1.1 and other 2.0).Thanks in advance for help.....

0
amit

Hello,

Yes, you can use both versions.

regards

ASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest)
0
smiling4ever
12/13/2005 12:03:40 PM

If you are referring to web applications - each Virtual server must specify the framework to run under.  Both can run side-by-side.. but not under the same virtual server (application pool)

regards,
Dave

David H Friedel Jr.
President/CEO
LOGIKonline, Inc. featuring the eActivated Portal Framework
Letting Others Gather Information & Knowledge online™

www.eactivated.com
www.quickpacks.com
0
eActivated
12/13/2005 9:38:55 PM

I was looking into how to do this, and the only way that I could conceive was to go into the Application Configuration module of a site, and change all the application extensions to use the 2.0 framework dll's instead of the 1.1 dll's.  Is there a faster way to do this as you had suggested by changing something in the application pool, or is this what you meant?

Thx

0
darth21

Side by Side Execution of .net v1.1 and .net v2.0 (continued)
Hi, Dave wrote a previous post that said: "If you are referring to web applications - each Virtual server must specify the framework to run under.  Both can run side-by-side.. but not under the same virtual server (application pool)" That looks fine, but I wonder: Is it just as easy as going to Administrative Tools --> IIS --> Select the virtual directory --> go to the property's ASP.NET tab and then selecting the ASP.NET version? Is there some important information that I need to know before going into this? Are there going to be ANY issues I should be aware of? T...

.NET 2.0 side by side with 1.1
My web server is running on Windows 2000, IIS 5.1 and .NET 1.1 .  I need to install SQL 2003 and for that I need .NET 2.0 to be installed.   Can I install the 2.0 framework side by side with 1.1?  If so how do I make sure that my web site contimue using then 1.1 Framework? Thanks Hi, yes you can. Just install Framework (dotnetfx.exe) manually from command-line with /noaspupgrade switch e.g Dotnetfx.exe /c:"install /noaspupgrade" Just note that even if you'd accidentally upgrade the site without this switch, Framework 2.0 installation adds "ASP.N...

best method to migrate from .net 1.0 to .net 1.1
hi, i have windows xp pro running iis 5.1. i have an intranet site running under iis. i made this site using VS.NET 2002 under .NET framework 1.0.3705. Now i want to upgrade me .NET frame work to version 1.1. , but i still want to use VS.NET 2002 for programming and maintaining the site. How do i do this without the upgrade affecting my already deployed website. A step by step procedure to migrate from version 1.0.3705 to version 1.1 would be quite helpful. Thanks in advance, Raja. Hi, There is an article on this, right on this site. Check this Hope it hel...

best practices to migrate from .net 1.0 to .net 1.1
hi, i have windows xp pro running iis 5.1. i have an intranet site running under iis. i made this site using VS.NET 2002 under .NET framework 1.0.3705. Now i want to upgrade me .NET frame work to version 1.1. , but i still want to use VS.NET 2002 for programming and maintaining the site. How do i do this without the upgrade affecting my already deployed website. A step by step procedure to migrate from version 1.0.3705 to version 1.1 would be quite helpful. Thanks in advance, Raja. Well, at least take a look at this doc about running v1.0 and 1.1 side-by-side h...

Migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi All, Well i hoped that the migrating went smoother then is does so far. I had a few problem which i could fix with blogs from other developers, but i didn't find a good solution for this problem. Somehow i get the following error: "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'Inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class" Well i worked very good before the migration. Some advise would be very welcome! Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. Maybe this post will hel...

decrypting a .NET v2.0 authentication cookie in .NET v1.1
 have two web apps: App A is .NET v1.1 and App B is .NET v2.0 and is running in a virtual directory subfolder of App A. App B is being used to authenticate users. The plan is to share authentication across web apps accoridng to this article:ms-help://MS.NETFramework.v20.en/dv_aspnetcon/html/99e2f9e8-5b97-4a4d-a4ed-5f93276053b7.htmIn App A i have put some code to decrypt the cookie set by App B in the  Application_AuthenticateRequest Method. When I go to decrypt the authentication ticket in App A, I get an error on decrypting the cookie -- the exce...

Running .net version 2.0 and 1.1 side by side
Hi there, I read a thread on this forum which suggested that it's possible to intall both versions 2.0 and 1.1 on the same server. Can someone please provide me more information on how this works. for example, how do you tell the application the use Version 1.1. instead of version 2? It seems to me that once you have version 2 installed it takes over version one and you can't go back but I'm sure I'm just inexperienced. One other thing, sometimes I need to compile C# classes to produce libraries (.dll). Right now in my command prompt I have access to the c# compiler for version 2. Surelly,...

Migrate DataGrid .NEt 1.1 to .NEt 2.0
Hi I has just convert my ASP.NET web application from .NET 1.1 to .NEt 2.0 so far there is no problem but my datagrid seems to be acting really weird my datagrid has 3 columns and have paging enabled. When there is one/two row of data. The paging(which shows us the number of page) seems to have a column span of 1)  If i click on the second row of data.... the paging will have the column span of 3 This does not happen if there is more than 2 data   please go to the link for better clarification http://yingleekit.multiply.com/photos/album/1/work#1 http://ying...

How to migrate from .NET V 1.0 to .NET v 2.0
  I have a asp.net applicatin currently running with v1.1.4322, I want to migrate to v2.0.50727 . I have run a "aspnet_regiss.exe -i". But it seems to be not enouft. When i open a page i get a "The 'system.serviceModel/serviceHostingEnvironment' configuration section cannot be created". And what about Visual Studio, I am using Visual Studio 2003. Does i have to change anything to make Visual Studio 2003 compile with version 2. And does i need to change somthing in machine.config ?  Best Regards   To get vs2003 to build the app for .NET 2.0, you need to upgrade to ...

Web resources about - Side by Side Execution of .net v1.1 and .net v2.0 - asp.net.migrate-vs2003-vs2005

Execution by firing squad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... and "shot at dawn" redirect here. For other uses, see Firing squad (disambiguation) . For the UK memorial, see Shot at Dawn Memorial . Execution ...

Facebook Ad Issues: Weak Execution, Or Faulty Product?
To the executive class, Facebook looks an awful lot like an old-school media company. That’s because its business model is built on earning revenue ...

SAP Retail Execution on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about SAP Retail Execution. Download SAP Retail Execution and enjoy it ...

Execution Bed - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... the microphone; it is why I am here. There are few acts graver than when a government takes the life of one of its own citizens. Executions ...

soundhax : getting unsigned code execution through sound (DS) - YouTube
http://twitter.com/smealum this is a short and super crappy quality video showing off an exploit being delivered through audio (!) on the DS. ...

Australians on Indonesia death row arrive on execution island
Officials have yet to announce a date for their executions but the transfer indicates it is imminent.

Pasquale Barbaro: Sydney figure evaded hitman execution in Leichhardt - DailyTelegraph Search Search
PASQUALE Barbaro is a well-known man around Sydney, with a family pedigree littered with dead bodies.

The Public Execution of Laquan McDonald
The cop who shot Laquan McDonald has been charged, and the information contained in the indictment is pretty horrifying : Rarely have officers ...

Deportation, torture, summary execution. What would you call it?
Deportation, beatings, torture, summary execution. What would you call it? by digby I wrote about Trump and "f" word today for Salon: Over ...

Liveblogging History: November 19, 1915: Execution of Joe Hill
**Wikipedia**: [Joe Hill](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Hill): >Joe Hill, born Joel Emmanuel Hägglund in Gävle, Sweden, and also known as ...