Running Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 on the same machine.

Hi there,

   I have many projects i develop and continue to maintain on my server. Visual Studio .NET 2003 is currently installed and is what i use to do this. I'd really like to install Visual Studio 2005 and give that a whirl on the same machine, and perhaps develop upcoming sites with it also.

I understand that upon installation of VS 2005 it will install the 2.0 Framework. Will this effect my 1.1 sites at all? Does the 2.0 Framework upgrade the 1.1 framework, or does it leave the 1.1 framework intact so older projects can still use it?

Any advice would be welcome! :)

Thanks,

Craig.
Akira Kurosawa
"In a mad world only the mad are sane."
0
bottle

Older projects will still be 1.1 util you convert them in VS2005.
"This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights"
0
Baiju

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

Visual Studio 2005 Pro / Visual Studio .NET 2003 Pro ?
Ok I have enough money now to purchase Visual Studio .NET 2003 Pro but what do you think guys, is it too late? Do I need to wait til Visual Studio 2005 is officially release? If you suggest me to wait, so I will still use my Visual Studio.NET Pro 60 days trial edition. After the trial reach its limit, I will reformat my HD and install my Windows + Visual Studio Trial again. Yeah this is make me tired but I dont need to spend 600 bucks again for upgrade. or perhaps I will use MSDN Subscription Pro but I hope Visual Studio 2005 Pro will release before my subscription is expired. ...

Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition beta VS Visual Studio.net 2003
Is Visual C# 2005 Express Edition Beta better than Visual Studio.net 2003 ? HighOnCodingWanna get high! in my opinon no. vs.net 2003 is a released application, and is used for more than just c#. visual studio whidbey beta is pretty cool except it's a little quirky still. I swear I can't wait til august.Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? Zero. Is Visual C# 20...

from Visual Studio .NET to Visual studio 2005 (VB)
Good evening, i hame one quistion about diffrenece Visual studio 2005 and older version.In Visual studio .NET to work with table from data base i do next steps:1. Create new connection to data base in data explorer2. Push my table from data explorer to my form, and master automatically create two components (SqlConnection and SqlDataAdapter)3. Add to from new object - Dataset for transering data to client application (i amke a web service) and execute command from menu Data | Generate DataSet, then in Dialog box i Add this dataset to the designerThat's itThe quistion is how to do this st...

Can I Have Visual Studio.NET and Visual Studio 2005 together?
Hi everyone. Can I have Visual Studio.NET and Visual Studio 2005 installed in the same machine? I want to install Studio 2005 but I do not want to uninstall Studio.NET yet. Thanks!C# I am running VS 2003 and VS 2005 together with no problems.Martin Lawrence, MCSE, CNE, A+ Recut Technologies Ltd. http://www.recut.com Yes, they can be installed side-by-side. I have it installed side-by-side on my computer and it works perfectly without any conflicts. I even think there is a Version Selector (not something you have to install as it is installed by default) which will make sure your pro...

Web resources about - Running Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 on the same machine. - asp.net.migrate-vs2003-vs2005

Running - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of locomotion in humans. For running in horses, see Horse gait . For locomotion in dogs, see Gait (dog) . For ...

Jarryd Hayne in frame after injury to San Francisco 49ers running back Shaun Draughn
​The San Francisco 49ers' running back injury curse has struck again and it could elevate Jarryd Hayne back into the beleaguered NFL team's ...

Coping with losing a child – running from grief to health
When Melbourne mum Sally Heppleston heard about "Heartbreak Hill" – a two-kilometre steep ascent on Sydney's ...

Meet the 17-Year-Old Running a Profitable Agency out of His Prep-School Dorm Room
Marketing exec Max Baron has a jam-packed day. Today, he's reaching out to five clients, facilitating a mailing giveaway, planning his firm's ...

HILLARY AND THE U.N.: Your 2016 Democrat Running Mates
By Anne Bayefsky Islamic activists say 9/11 and San Bernardino were terrible — because of their effects on Muslims. O ver at the United Nations, ...

Running back LeSean McCoy the lone Pro Bowl selection for Bills
LeSean McCoy's first season with the Buffalo Bills will end with a trip to the Pro Bowl. Maybe. The running back was the lone member of the team ...

What pirates, hackers, and gangsters can teach you about running a business
Kyra Maya Phillips recalls sitting in a room with an ex-convict who was fresh out of prison after 21 years. Suddenly he stood up and told her, ...

Poll: Trump running away from GOP field
GOP candidate Donald Trump appears to end 2015 as the dominant force in the race for 2016's Republican nomination for president, a new CNN/ORC ...

Williams-Sonoma Wasn’t Really Running A ‘Buy One Knife, Get 99 Free’ Sale
Some of our readers experience a modern moral dilemma: they order an item online, and multiple duplicates of that item appear on their doorstep. ...

How tough has abundance of hurt running backs been for 49ers?
... Navigation Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch How tough has abundance of hurt running ...