Problem: VS 2003 Web Applicaion Migrate to VS 2005 Web Application model

Hi,

I have migrated my vs2003 application to vs2005 web application model.

 i followed the first four steps based on the url

http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/HelloWorld/Helloworld.aspx

but still my project is maintaining  in vs2003 version.

My csprjoct file is not converted to vs2005.

Anyone can please help me.

Regards,

Baskaran

0
pbk_baskaran

Hi Baskaran,

Can you send me email (scottgu@microsoft.com) with more details about your migration issues?  I can then help you debug and figure out what the problem is.

thanks,

Scott

0
ScottGu

Converting a VS 2005 Web Application to a VS .NET 2003 Web Application
Well it seems that I am going against the stream here, but one of our clients wants the web application I wrote in Visual Studio 2005 to be deployed using Visual Studio .NET 2003. What's the best way to go about this without rewriting the whole dang thing? I would probably create a new 2003 project, copy all of your aspx and other files into it, attempt a build and see what happens.  If you didn't use a lot of the new controls (like membership, personalization, masterpages etc, then you will probably be ok with just minor changes.  If you did rely on a lot of the newer c...

Migrating from VS 2005 Web Site Projects to VS 2005 Web Application Projects witn vb and c# code
I've tring to migrate Web Site to Web Aplication in VS 2005. In my Web Site I have pages written using VB and C#. During converting to WA i choose VB and only pages with VB code i can migrate. If I choose C# as language for WA only pages with C# I can migrate. Is a way to migrate Web Site with mix of VB and C# code? Wieslaw Hi, As far as I know, The ASP.NET Web application doesn't support that C# application project contains VB page or VB application project contains C# page. But it can compile the different language class file in project. In your case, you can tr...

Problem upgrading VS 2003 Web to VS 2005 Web Application Project
Hi,I've just attempted to upgrade an existing 2003 web project to 2005 as per Scott's instructions at:http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration/Migration.aspx and I'm getting an error dialog at step 6.4, on attempting to re-open the solution with the ProjectType changed to guids:   "A project with that name is already opened in the solution.".   One colleague reproduced my error; another ran through the same sequence and does not get the error, so I guess it's an environment or installation issue.  Anyone seen the same issue and found a work-around?CheersGarth Hi G...

Just one error when Migrating from VS 2003 to VS 2005 using the Web Application Project
Hello. I'm trying to migrate a VS.NET 2003, VB Web consuming client Web application to VS 2005 using the Web Application Project using the info at this link http://webproject.scottgu.com/VisualBasic/Migration/Migration.aspxThe only problem i have is in the following code, the "RequestSoapContext" gives an error when i hover my mouse over it of "'RequestSoapContext' is not a member of 'CoyneTruckWebServices.TripExportService.TripExportService" This code is exactly as it was in VS2003, where it was working, but i can't figure out how to get rid of the error.    ...

Errors migrating VS 2003 Web project to VS 2005
Hello all, I have a large VB.NET solution (around 69 projects) which I am converting to Visual Studio 2005. The solution consists of about 66 class library projects (all of which convert correctly) and three web projects (all of which fail miserably). I have attempted following instructions to change the file type of the web projects from web to class library and back, but this fails with the message "Project type does not exist" - I believe I may be using the C# GUIDs for the project name as opposed to the VB. However, this failure is secondary. When I attempt to install the WAP update, I ...

Problems with web controls after upgrading web app from VS 2003 to VS 2005
Hey All,  I am currently in the process of upgrading our web application to .Net 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005. I have done all the converting that was required for the web application but we have issues with controls that we have created not being displayed. Below is a diagram of the inheritence of one of our web controls.  Form   ---- contains ----   TableRowControl.cs(inherits TableRow)  ---- contains -----  ValidDecimalTextBox.cs     ---- inherits ----- ValidBaseTextbox.cs(inherits CustomValidator)      ...

Problems with web controls after upgrading web app from VS 2003 to VS 2005
Hey All, I am currently in the process of upgrading our web application to .Net 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005. I have done all the converting that was required for the web application but we have issues with controls that we have created not being displayed. Below is a diagram of the inheritence of one of our web controls. Form ---- contains ---- TableRowControl.cs(inherits TableRow) ---- contains ----- ValidDecimalTextBox.cs ------ inherits ----- ValidBaseTextbox.cs(inherits CustomValidator)                 &nb...

Upgrade web application from VS 2003 to VS 2005 with Mobile web form
Hi,We have web application developed in VS 2003, and also used extensively Mobile Web Forms. We used device specific rich rendering for Pocket IE using asp.net controls instead mobile controls.I installed VS 2005 professional addition, and then downlaod and installed web application project as explained in link http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/migration/migration.aspx.I am having two major problem after conversion.1. It converted and compiled the project successfully. But when I try opening any Mobile web form and go to design mode, I get an error. I did not convert the pages to use part...

VS. 2003 => VS 2005 Web Site => Web Application Project?
Hi We converted our VS 2003 solution which contained 2 web application and 5 Class Lib projects to the standard Web site 2005 model. Now. Is there a way to convert from this to the new Web Application model automatically? Thanks in regards Anders   Via Scott Guthrie:  If you want to migrate an existing VS 2005 Web Site Project to be a VS 2005 Web Application Project, please also review these other VB and C# migration tutorials that walkthrough the Web Site to Web Application conversion process step-by-step.  This article here also describes some of the diff...

Migration VS.Net 2003 to VS.Net 2005
I want to migrate to framework 2.0.Questions :1) Can i use Vs.Net 2005 and framework 2.0 with Sql Server 2000 ? or must i migrate too 2005 2) I read in some forums there is some problem to migrate vs.net 2003 solutions/project to 2005, It's right ?3) Is it necessery to modify a lot of c# code (deprecate, ...) ?4) Can i work both Vs.Net2003 framework 1.1 ans Vs.net 2005 framework 2.0 on the same development machine ?Thanks. Patrick Ducret Hi, 1) Yes you can. You can use SQL2000 from .NET 2.0 as you did from .NET 1.x. SQL2005 just has some additional features to offer. 2) It can be if...

Migration issues from VS.Net 2003 to VS.Net 2005
I have a ASP.Net 1.x web application developed using VS 2003. The language used for this application is VB.Net. When I tried to migrate to VS 2005 I am getting the list of errors and warnings as shown below. I have been trying the migration in a new machine which does not have VS 2003.  List of Error:  1. Expression of type 'String' can never be of type 'System.DBNull'.   List of Warnings: 1. The referenced component 'CDONTS' could not be found.   2. Cannot load type library for reference "CDONTS". Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80...

convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003
hi how can i convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003 and how i know that the application is made in vs.net 2002 and not in vs.net 2003 and thank for your time VS.NEt 2003 detects 2002 project format automatically when you try to open 2002 project with it. It also asks you if the project needs to be converted into 2003 format (if I remember right conversion must be done to use the project in 2003). If you say yes, it does the conversion and you don't have to do anything. Note that VS.NEt 2002 can't open 2003 projects.Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU thank you for your...

Publishing a vs 2005 web site vs vs 2003
hi all, i was hoping someone could explain to me how i should go about publishing my vs 2005 web projects. im not used to the new methods and am wondering what the best ideas are.  I was also wondering if i was able to change my dll's back to the project name omitting the random characters at the end? Or someone just tell me how you fix a page and add a bit of code without having to re-publish the whole site. thanks in advance, mcm Check out these links: http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/03/27/New-Publish-Feature-with-VS-2005-Web-Application-Projects.aspx ht...

Web resources about - Problem: VS 2003 Web Applicaion Migrate to VS 2005 Web Application model - asp.net.migrate-vs2003-vs2005

Would you give up chocolate for better application performance?
Application performance is critical to business performance according to 98 percent of businesses, yet 89 percent of executives say the poor ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 29% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 1.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

Digitimes Research: China touch panel makers increasing investments in niche products and large-size ...
The China International Touchscreen Exhibition (C-Touch) was recently held in Shenzhen, China, featuring a number of local and international ...

New patent application suggests Nintendo’s NX console is like nothing we’ve seen before
Nintendo has been close-mouthed about its plans for the Nintendo NX, but a recent patent filing may have tipped the company's hand. If so, then ...