Page works in windows xp, asp.net 2.0, works in windows 2000 asp.net 1.1, fails windows 2000 asp.net 2.0

Hi All

Pages that work well on  win xp, asp.net2.0, and  win 2000 asp.net 1.1  computers

 fails when the wind 2000 asp.net 1,1  computer is upgraded to asp.net 2.0

 Many controls such as textboxs , buttons give this error

Error Rendering Control - B1
An unhandled exception has occurred.
RegisterForEventValidation can only be called during Render();

<<<<<<

Is windows 2000 incompatible with asp.2.0 ?

0
costrak

Is the website using the correct version of the framework? (This can be checked from the ASP.NET tab of the relevant website in IIS)

Website Design Darlington - http://mdssolutions.co.uk
http://lessthandot.com - Experts, Information, Ideas & Knowledge
http://aspnetlibrary.com - An online resource for professional ASP.NET developers

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you

0
ca8msm
7/6/2007 9:54:50 AM

Yes, I selected  asp.net version 2 from the tab in IIS

I actually had to uninstall asp.net 2.0 in the past from the windows 2000 because after upgrading this same problem prevented me from working with

asp.net 1 & asp.net 2  websites. Now I am determine to move into ASP.net 2.0

0
costrak

Can a page written in VB.Net 1.1 work with .Net 2.0 dlls?
Hi, Previously the Vb .Net page was working fine with GAC dll written .Net 1.1 . But the GAC dlls have been upgraded to 2.0 version and the page is thorowing error :"BC30002: Type 'CompanyUser' is not defined", where 'CompanyUser'is the class of the GAC dll. Can u help on this so that this page can be run without converting it to .Net 2.0? Thanks, SonaliThanks,Sonali  I think that you can set in IIS your page to run under 2.0. You do not have to upgrade site.__Please mark post as answer if it helps, if not come back and ask again! Hi, The only thin...

Code works with .Net 1.1 but not .Net 2.0
Can anyone offer any suggestions as to why this code would work under .Net 1.1 and not .Net 2.0? I listed the error I receive below, also. Line 865. Thank you, Public Function GetAge(ByVal Birthdate As System.DateTime, _ Optional ByVal AsOf As System.DateTime = #1/1/1700#) _ As Integer Dim iMonths As Integer Dim iYears As Integer Dim dYears As Decimal Dim lDayOfBirth As Long Dim lAsOf As Long Dim iBirthMonth As Integer Dim iAsOFMonth As Integer If AsOf = "#1/1/1700#" ...

Migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi All, Well i hoped that the migrating went smoother then is does so far. I had a few problem which i could fix with blogs from other developers, but i didn't find a good solution for this problem. Somehow i get the following error: "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'Inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class" Well i worked very good before the migration. Some advise would be very welcome! Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. Maybe this post will hel...

Windows 2000 and IIS5 with net 2.0 and version 2.0 issues
After un-installing net 2.0 version 1 framework and installing net 2.0 version 2 framework IIS 5.0 does not respond. Everything worked great until I applied the version 2.0 of the framework. I had this problem happen on two different servers both running multiple sites on IIS 5.0. Does anyone know how to fix the issue. You probably will need to give more details of what is happening. What are the sympthoms? Just to try something, did you run: aspnet_regiis -i -enable from the framework dir? I always forget to do that myself.Jose ReyesMicrosoft Corporation"This posting is provided "AS I...

.NET 1.1 Project With File-Based Reference To A .NET 2.0 DLL Not Working
All-- Please help I have a design that requires that a given .NET 1.1 client application include a file-based reference to a DLL that was built with .NET 2.0. Unfortunately, I cannot get it to work. The VS.NET IDE will simply not let me add the reference. Ug. I have tried several tests, detailed below, but I have yet to find an answer. Can it be done? What do you think? Please advise.   ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Overview: In in a .NET 1 project, try adding a file-based reference that points to a DLL that was created...

Migrate DataGrid .NEt 1.1 to .NEt 2.0
Hi I has just convert my ASP.NET web application from .NET 1.1 to .NEt 2.0 so far there is no problem but my datagrid seems to be acting really weird my datagrid has 3 columns and have paging enabled. When there is one/two row of data. The paging(which shows us the number of page) seems to have a column span of 1)  If i click on the second row of data.... the paging will have the column span of 3 This does not happen if there is more than 2 data   please go to the link for better clarification http://yingleekit.multiply.com/photos/album/1/work#1 http://ying...

Old AJAX in .NET 1.1 compatibility with .NET framework 2.0. Ajax does not work always ....................
Hello,I have converted the web site from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0. Some of the pages in the web site use AJAX which was developed in .NET 1.1Ajax does not work smoothly in .NET 2.0. Do I have to use ATLAS or is there any fix I can use to make the AJAX work ?Please let me know. Many thanks in advance. Nick..........

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2
Name: R. Bijster Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 Comments: I want to report that Windowsbrowser V 6.0.2900_SP2, 12 seconds faster started then FireFoxbrowser. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

having .net 1.1 and .net 2.0
Was just wondering if you someone could tell me the ramifications of the following:  I have .net 2.0 but did not uninstally .net 1.1, i have visual studio 2003, and visual web developer installed on the computer as well as sql server 2000.  my question is whether that is a problem having the two runtimes installed at the same time?  i did this because i wanted to use VWD but keep vs 2003 in case i needed to do any development for work....any comments are appreciated.  --jpIf my post is helpful please mark as answerRegards -- jp(http://www.rzrsolutions.com/rzrWeb20/...

.net 2.0 to .net 1.1
Hello , This is shrirang. Currently i am working .net2.0 web application. but the same application is runing on production in .net 1.1 freamwork . we are not using any new feature of 2.0 in our application . can i run build of 2.0 on 1.1 freamwork . if yes can you  please tell me necessary steps to achive it .     Thanks in advance for your kind help     Regards Shrirang i think it is not possible to run the 2.0 application in 1.1 , so try to change to the frame work in the production server . ThanksRaja Ragothaman Hi Shrirang, Please contact web adm...

Problem with Project Migrating from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0
Hi i am working in .net 1.1 and i am working on a web service. it 's working fine in .net 1.1 with vs2003 but when i migrated my WS from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 i am getting System.FormatException while converting datetime from string using DateTime.Parse method. it was not happening earlier when i was using .net 1.1. My WS converted from vs2003 to vs2005 using a wizard and it doesn's shows a single error.   i did lots of googling on this issue but didnot gets any help , so any reply in the matter will be highly appericiable.  thanks vishal sharma vishalsharma808...

Web resources about - Page works in windows xp, asp.net 2.0, works in windows 2000 asp.net 1.1, fails windows 2000 asp.net 2.0 - asp.net.migrate-vs2003-vs2005

The Windows Blog

Woman spotted throwing flaming rags from car window in Yangebup: resident
A report of a person driving around throwing flaming rags from their car in the Yangebup area has prompted a call from the Department of Fire ...

Windows 10 Mobile review: Windows on phones gets rebooted. Again.
One way or another, Microsoft has been promising Windows 10 Mobile for years. References to "Windows Everywhere," the notion that some version ...

Shut down Windows 10 telemetry with Win10 Spy Disabler
Windows 10 brought us Cortana. Edge. A brand new Start Menu. Oh, and a host of new and extended ways for Microsoft to capture data on your activities. ...

Major app developers are bringing their apps to the Windows phone
Microsoft's plan to get apps onto phones that runs Windows seems to be working as more and more developers are bringing their apps to the platform. ...

Microsoft preps for Windows 10 upgrade push
Windows 10 is now on more than 148 million PCs , according to data from analytics vendor Net Applications. But the rate at which users are moving ...

Bufferzone Hooks Into Windows to Containerize Security
Bufferzone's technology segregates the activity that is done over the Web by running it within a secure container.

The Company That Brings The Magic To New York City's Holiday Windows
The creative secrets of Spaeth Design, maker of all those incredible, sparkling holiday windows you gawk at every year on Fifth Avenue. Exactly ...