Mobile web applications for Windows mobile 5.0

Hi,

I am developing a mobile web application supporting different operating systems (windows mobile and symbian) using Visual studio .NET 2003.

I want to support the new Windows Mobile 5.0. Can i still use visual Studio. NET 2003?

Microsoft lists that Visual studio .NET 2005 is the single tool to develop applications for windows mobile 5.0? i guess, it is windows applications.
link:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnppcgen/html/devtoolsmobileapps.asp

Any ideas will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Newbie :)
0
dontnetjunkie

Difference between mobile web applications and standard web applications + mobile web forms in them ?
I have a series of existing sites, but I need to make a PPC version of them (there already is one, but it uses standard web forms). Since the code-behind looks a lot in the PC and in the PPC version, I'd like both versions to use the same files for the code. I'm left with 2 options : - either create a new mobile web application for each existing web application, and put all the code behind in .dlls which I'll call from each page ; - or, if this is possible (and I'd rather do it), simply add mobile web forms to the existing web applications and redirect at login to the appropriate ve...

Windows Mobile 5.0 vs Windows CE 5.0
Are the Windows Mobile 5.0 and the Windows CE 5.0 the same thing? I am trying to buy a phone that I can make some .Net mobile programs for and I am looking at the cingular 2125 ( Here is a link to the info about it ) but I don't know if those two things are the same so I don't know if this phone will work. Can somebody help me out? Thanks!...

Difference B/W windows mobile application & web mobile application
Hi    i want differnce betwwen windows mobile application , web mobile  & smart device application . if anybody know about this post message to me.     From, Guru...

Webcast Today: Building Smart Data Sync Applications for Window Mobile 5.0 Using Visual Studio .NET 2005
Mobile applications enable workers to access mission-critical information and applications outside the office. With the wide array of mobile devices available designing versatile and efficient applications that will function correctly in all types of wireless networks becomes an important design issue. This Webcast is a must if you are developing a .NET application for Windows Mobile 5.0 devices. We will examine important new features within Windows Mobile 5.0 as well as discuss techniques that will move your mobile application to the next level. During the Webcast we will dem...

Helps needed in implementing voice recorder in Windows Mobile 5.0 using .NET Compact Framework 2.0
Hi guys, Is any of you experienced or aware of how to write a simple voice recorder program which allows you to record your voice, stop the recording, play the recorded voice and stop playing it? Anyone can help me on that? I've been trying days and nights but can't get it working still >.<" Any help would be highly appreciated! Thanks a million. Regards,Jenson Jenson, Is there a specific point in which you are having problems?  Have you looked at the OpenNetCF project's extensions around audio recording? Cheers,ColinBlog: http://colin.rockstarguys.com---When you ask a que...

Depolying mobile web application in Window Mobile Device 6.1
hi I have Window Vista Operating System. I am using Asp.net 2005. I implemented asp.net mobile web applicatioin Now I want to test my Blackberry Perl mobile how i can check with Window Mobile Device 6.1 ? Hi, I'm not sure what's your question is but, you can test both mobile devices using there SDKs that contain device emulation debuging + stand alone device emulation. Using them you can test the look & feel of your site on both PDA's.   Good luck. Thanks for your replyactually I want to do like thisI implement asp.net mobile web application, now i want to ...

Backcolor to mobile:link in mobile web form in mobile .net site
Hello every one  How to set back ground color to mobile: link in mobile web formI used backcolor property but doesn't work. Help me.Thank you.. ...

perforamance tips for windows mobile 5.0 application
Hi,Please provide me good practices or performance tips for window mobile 5.0 application in asp.net 2005 so that i could develop fast applications in it.Also provide me some checklist for deployment of windows mobile 5.0 applications.Thanks.  Hi, Please provide me good practices or performance tips for window mobile 5.0 application in asp.net 2005 so that i could develop fast applications in it. I’m not sure what does “wm 5.0 application in ASP.NET 2005” mean. Based on my understanding, Windows Mobile 5 application is Client based application (or we can call it winform applicat...

Tutorial for C# windows mobile 5.0 web services
Hi I am new to posting in Forums so I apologise if this has ended up in the wrong location. I have just recently started to learn c# after coming from a background in java. I have been tasked to write a client server application for a pocket pc using the .net framework and am looking for a good tutorial, wether it be in the way of videos, code examples or written tutorials. Basically I will be programing using Visual Studio .net using the c# language. The application will be on a hand held wireless PocketPc that will connect to a remote Oracle datebase via a serverlayer w...

Windows Mobile 5.0 (application won't run)
Hi, A client of ours bought an HP iPaq 2190 and is not able to run our application. I tried it myself, after a hard reset and a new install, the application still doesn't run. If I click the shortcut, nothing happens, exept for the amount of free memory, it decreases each time I click the icon until no more mermory is available. Any ideas? PocketBuilder version?? We didn't support WM-5 until 2.0.3 (we had to make changes for one Microsoft bug and another for a "change in behavior") Regards, Reed Shilts PocketBuilder Development Manager <Sta...

Use SQL Server 2000 in windows mobile 5.0 application
Hi, I am starting to learn about the Windows Mobile 5.0 and Visual Studio 2005. My question are as follows: 1. How can i manually install SQL Server Mobile to my smartphone or Pocket PC 2. Can i use SQL Server 2000 as the backend database of my Windows mobile 5.0 application thanks. Hi1. To install Sql Server Mobile on your device, just create a project in VS2005 for your type of device and include this in the programs.cs file:using System.Data.SqlServerCe;This will install the necessary components on your device.You'll need to make a reference in your project to System.Sql...

I am running windows mobile 4.5 and I HATE the internet explorer I have on my phone (smartphone t-mobile dash) do you suggest anything for windows mobile? I would love to use firefox on my phone's in
Name: brian wergin Email: cyph911xathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I am running windows mobile 4.5 and I HATE the internet explorer I have on my phone (smartphone t-mobile dash) do you suggest anything for windows mobile? I would love to use firefox on my phone's internet, - windows mobile version 4.5 please let me know if anyone has tried,used,browsed,or succesfully installed and loved on thier mobile device which is running windows mobile4.5 Comments: please read the topic. I typed it in the wrong box.sorry,thankyou ...

Could you tell the simulator to test the blackberry mobile web application in .NET 2.0?
Hi ,  I have to develop a mobile web application for blackberry hand held device using asp.net mobile controls in .NET 2.0 and i am using blackberry enterprise server.  Could you tell the simulator to test the blackberry mobile application in .NET 2.0?  Please help me regarding this.  Thank you.   http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/downloads/simulators.jsp From the above URL LINK mentioned below you need to download the MDS simulator.  This will proxy the HTTP request from one of the Blackberry device simulators to your local network.  The MD...

i am trying to access the folder in my application(windows mobile 5.0 pocket pc sdk)
Here, i am trying to access the folder(images) by using the following code string strpath = Path.GetDirectoryName((System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().GetName().CodeBase) + @"\images"); DirectoryInfo dir = new DirectoryInfo(strpath);//To get the files in directory foreach (System.IO.FileInfo fin in dir.GetFiles("*.*"))//To get all files available in the directory { MessageBox.Show(fin.Name); }  I am getting an error that directory not found.  Any one give me solution for this. advance thanks.gowrisankar Hi, the path...

Web resources about - Mobile web applications for Windows mobile 5.0 - asp.net.migrate-vs2003-vs2005

ACT development application volume falls between 2015 and 2014
Development applications dropped in the ACT in 2015 compared with 2014, year-end government figures show.

Apple patent application reveals exciting possibilities for twin-camera system rumored for iPhone 7
We heard a report in November that Apple was testing an iPhone 7 model with dual rear cameras , and a patent application published today not ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased Over Two Week Period in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications ...
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased Over Two Week Period in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 27 percent from ...

Mortgage applications rebound
Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis, for the week ending January 8th, versus previous week,