Migrating .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0/3.5

We have many of our application running in .NET 1.1, and plannig to migrate all one-by-one, i know there will be a big challenge for this activity, What we are planning is not to migrate all in one shot, After migrating one application we will give for some selective users testing once we feel it is OK, do the next.

What is best way of doing this thing? Any links, thrid party tools, since opening this in VWD 2005, it is converting the application but many errors are popuping up.

Any reference would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance.

0
abasheer

Please follow the steps mentioned in this link (step 1 can be ignored if you are working with VS 2008 or if you installed VS 2005 sp1).

Also, This guide will be helpfull :

http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration/Migration.aspx

Simply, when converting to 2005 or 2008 , make sure to use Web application project model and not website, this is the fasted and best way i think.

Regards,

Anas Ghanem.

Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE"). -- Thanks!

0
anas

autocomplete not working in IE7 after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5
IE7 autocomplete not working after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5. OS: Windows XP. Autocomplete worked fine on IE6 and IE7 before migration.  Is there anything thats needs to be configured on the server for IE7 autocomplete to work with the new migrated 3.5 application?  Appreciate the feedback         How are you impleneting Autocomplete? Can you show us problem causing code..My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." there is no autocomplete implementation. This is purely using...

Migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi All, Well i hoped that the migrating went smoother then is does so far. I had a few problem which i could fix with blogs from other developers, but i didn't find a good solution for this problem. Somehow i get the following error: "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'Inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class" Well i worked very good before the migration. Some advise would be very welcome! Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. Maybe this post will hel...

Migrate DataGrid .NEt 1.1 to .NEt 2.0
Hi I has just convert my ASP.NET web application from .NET 1.1 to .NEt 2.0 so far there is no problem but my datagrid seems to be acting really weird my datagrid has 3 columns and have paging enabled. When there is one/two row of data. The paging(which shows us the number of page) seems to have a column span of 1)  If i click on the second row of data.... the paging will have the column span of 3 This does not happen if there is more than 2 data   please go to the link for better clarification http://yingleekit.multiply.com/photos/album/1/work#1 http://ying...

Problem with Project Migrating from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0
Hi i am working in .net 1.1 and i am working on a web service. it 's working fine in .net 1.1 with vs2003 but when i migrated my WS from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 i am getting System.FormatException while converting datetime from string using DateTime.Parse method. it was not happening earlier when i was using .net 1.1. My WS converted from vs2003 to vs2005 using a wizard and it doesn's shows a single error.   i did lots of googling on this issue but didnot gets any help , so any reply in the matter will be highly appericiable.  thanks vishal sharma vishalsharma808...

best method to migrate from .net 1.0 to .net 1.1
hi, i have windows xp pro running iis 5.1. i have an intranet site running under iis. i made this site using VS.NET 2002 under .NET framework 1.0.3705. Now i want to upgrade me .NET frame work to version 1.1. , but i still want to use VS.NET 2002 for programming and maintaining the site. How do i do this without the upgrade affecting my already deployed website. A step by step procedure to migrate from version 1.0.3705 to version 1.1 would be quite helpful. Thanks in advance, Raja. Hi, There is an article on this, right on this site. Check this Hope it hel...

best practices to migrate from .net 1.0 to .net 1.1
hi, i have windows xp pro running iis 5.1. i have an intranet site running under iis. i made this site using VS.NET 2002 under .NET framework 1.0.3705. Now i want to upgrade me .NET frame work to version 1.1. , but i still want to use VS.NET 2002 for programming and maintaining the site. How do i do this without the upgrade affecting my already deployed website. A step by step procedure to migrate from version 1.0.3705 to version 1.1 would be quite helpful. Thanks in advance, Raja. Well, at least take a look at this doc about running v1.0 and 1.1 side-by-side h...

What are the advantages of migrating applications written in .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0?
Hello,Can someone tell me the advantages of migrating my current aplication which has been developed in ASP.NET 1.1 to ASP.NET 2.0? I have read and implemented some of the technical advantages that come with ASP.NET 2.0 and .NET 2.0. But how do I convince our customer that we should upgrade the existing application in production for a couple of years now to .NET 2.0... like the performance benefits we gain by doing that? Read that .NET 2.0 is a lot (around 40%) faster than .NET 1.1 and has all those performance enhancing features like the precompilation, enhanced data caching... in addition ...

Automated cleanup tool to remove the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5
"I have posted an updated version of the .NET Framework cleanup tool that now contains support for automatically cleaning up the .NET Framework 1.0, the .NET Framework 1.1, the .NET Framework 2.0, the ..NET Framework 3.0 and the .NET Framework 3.5. This tool automates the manual cleanup steps for the .NET Framework 2.0 that I posted a while ago. These steps have helped solve most of the known .NET Framework 2.0 beta uninstall issues that I know of. In addition, the tool can be useful to return your system to a known (relatively clean) state in case you run into any .NET Framew...

Any advantages of migrating to .NET 2.0 on still using .NET 1.1 projects?
Sorry for the noob Q - but will I get any advantages in installing .NET 2.0 Framework alongside .NET 1.1 if I dont plan to upgrade my ASP .NET 1.1 web applications?I have a few servers that I will be installing the .NET 2.0 Framework so as to develop in VS2005, however on some servers that will not (at this stage) be used for .NET 2.0 apps and that I may not have the time to convert some VS2003 applications to VS2005, I was in the 'if it aint broke, dont fix it' kind of thinking and didn't know if installing .NET 2.0 would bring any advantages.TIA.  I happen to agree. If you don't nee...

.net 1.1 to .NET 2.0 migration generates additional .aspx.xx files
 Hi all,when doing the upgrade in VS 2005 two more additional pages get created, aspx.designer.cs and aspx.resx, do I need to keep these files?Thanks  The designer and resx pages are normal - just ignore them.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped.  Refer below links regarding migration  http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration/Migration.aspx http://rextang.net/blogs/work/archive/2006/04/16/3645.aspx P...

How to migrate from .NET V 1.0 to .NET v 2.0
  I have a asp.net applicatin currently running with v1.1.4322, I want to migrate to v2.0.50727 . I have run a "aspnet_regiss.exe -i". But it seems to be not enouft. When i open a page i get a "The 'system.serviceModel/serviceHostingEnvironment' configuration section cannot be created". And what about Visual Studio, I am using Visual Studio 2003. Does i have to change anything to make Visual Studio 2003 compile with version 2. And does i need to change somthing in machine.config ?  Best Regards   To get vs2003 to build the app for .NET 2.0, you need to upgrade to ...

Web resources about - Migrating .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0/3.5 - asp.net.migrate-vs2003-vs2005

Thunderclap Migrating From Twitter to Facebook
Thunderclap, a mass-messaging service that gained popularity on Twitter, has set its sights on Facebook . Twitter recently booted Thunderclap ...

Facebook Migrating Unofficial Page Fans to Official Pages at Brand Owner’s Request
Rupesh Mandal is such an avid fan of the Opera Mini web browser that he set up a Page on Facebook totally devoted to celebrating it, and then ...

Teens Migrating From Facebook To Comments Section Of Slow-Motion Deer Video - YouTube
Subscribe to The Onion on YouTube: http://bit.ly/xzrBUA Trendwatchers say more and more teens are leaving Facebook and Twitter in favor of the ...

UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating professionals, study finds
... with 28 per cent, was the leading source of professionals, according to the LinkedIn study. The UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating ...

Record Numbers of New Zealanders Migrating to Australia
Acting on impulse: why the Kiwis keep coming ... and coming and coming

The krilling season: Whales keep tourists migrating south
Earlybird whale watchers in Eden have been rewarded with astounding acrobatic displays in the bay.

Volunteers help Mulligans Flat migrating turtles through the fence over holidays
Volunteers help turtles running the gauntlet past fences, foxes and cars.

Researchers say Irukandji jellyfish migrating further south along Qld coast
Researchers say climate change could be altering the migration patterns of the dangerous Irukandji jellyfish along Qld's east coast.

Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating to more advanced technology
... Company , iPhone , and iPad continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating ...

More eBay Merchants Migrating to Amazon in Search of Sales Growth
EBay's once-loyal merchants are moving more of their business to Amazon, saying they get more for their money by selling merchandise via the ...