Error while converting visual studio 2003 App to visual studio 2005

When I try to convert a visual studio 2003 web application to visual studio 2005 I get the error message "Unable to open the Web. The Web server does not appear to have the FrontPage server extensions installed.". Are front page server extensions required for visual studio 2005 apps?

Thanks,

NeelG

0
NeelG

Front page server extensions are not required for visual studio 2005 applications.The error has nothing to with Frontpage extensions.its just that the conversion wizard failed.

See http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration/Migration.aspx for conversion steps.Dont get confused in step 2(Frontpage-its only if your project resides remotely,else skip it) . Many a times after second step in the wizard,when you click finish straight away and not next,conversion completes successfully.Thats my experience.Try it.

 Hope this helps!

Vikram.S, Developer

DiscountASP.NET

Innovative ASP.NET Hosting & SQL Hosting
0
vvsharma
3/30/2007 8:58:48 AM

Thank you Vikram. I tried what you suggested but I still see the same error in my conversion log.

The .sln file gets converted but it is the .vbproj file that does not get converted and shows the error.

Thanks,

NeelG

0
NeelG
3/30/2007 6:53:39 PM
If that does not solve your issue, try to install Web Application Project from MS site...

blog.budigelli.com
0
ravivb

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

Visual Studio 2005 Pro / Visual Studio .NET 2003 Pro ?
Ok I have enough money now to purchase Visual Studio .NET 2003 Pro but what do you think guys, is it too late? Do I need to wait til Visual Studio 2005 is officially release? If you suggest me to wait, so I will still use my Visual Studio.NET Pro 60 days trial edition. After the trial reach its limit, I will reformat my HD and install my Windows + Visual Studio Trial again. Yeah this is make me tired but I dont need to spend 600 bucks again for upgrade. or perhaps I will use MSDN Subscription Pro but I hope Visual Studio 2005 Pro will release before my subscription is expired. ...

Running Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 on the same machine.
Hi there,   I have many projects i develop and continue to maintain on my server. Visual Studio .NET 2003 is currently installed and is what i use to do this. I'd really like to install Visual Studio 2005 and give that a whirl on the same machine, and perhaps develop upcoming sites with it also.I understand that upon installation of VS 2005 it will install the 2.0 Framework. Will this effect my 1.1 sites at all? Does the 2.0 Framework upgrade the 1.1 framework, or does it leave the 1.1 framework intact so older projects can still use it?Any advice would be welcome! :)Thanks,Cr...

Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition beta VS Visual Studio.net 2003
Is Visual C# 2005 Express Edition Beta better than Visual Studio.net 2003 ? HighOnCodingWanna get high! in my opinon no. vs.net 2003 is a released application, and is used for more than just c#. visual studio whidbey beta is pretty cool except it's a little quirky still. I swear I can't wait til august.Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? Zero. Is Visual C# 20...

Converting Visual studio 2003 to Visual studio 2005 > HttpException was unhandled by user code
Hi,After the conversion of Visual studio 2003 webapplication to Visual studio 2005 ,  whenever the application trying to access session values its getting " HttpException was unhandled by user code .... ; Session state is not available in this context "  error, previously in  visual studo 2003 it was working fine. I think there may be difference in session handling in  Visual Studio2003 and Visual Studio 2005. Hope any one can help me. I am also having the same problem and I would really like to know the solution to this as well....

Convert VBA Code to Visual Basic .NET When Migrating to Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office
followup to grc.techtalk Convert VBA Code to Visual Basic .NET When Migrating to Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/odc_vsto2005_ta/html/OfficeVSTOLanguageMigrationFromVBA.asp ----------------------------------------------------------- Quote ----------------------------------------------------------- Dale Oberg ArtinSoft.com March 2005 Applies to: �����Microsoft�Visual�Studio�2005 �����Microsoft�Visual�Studio�2005�Tools�for�the�Microsoft�Office�System �����Microsoft�Visual�Basic�.NET �����Microsoft�Visual�...

Visual Studio 2003 behavior for Visual Studio 2005
I have upgraded my development computer to VS 2005. However, I would like it to behave like VS 2003. For instance, it must not suggest that the a code is obsolete (for VS 2005), it must use ASP.NET 1.1 (not ASP.NET 2.0), and other things. It's just like I'm still using a VS 2003 in terms of functionality, disabling other features introduced only in VS 2005. Would anyone help me here please? Thanks. You'll need to use VS2003 with all v1.1 applications, and VS2005 with v.2.0 applications.  You can have them both installed at the same time. Hope it helps...   ~JD"Make everyt...

Web resources about - Error while converting visual studio 2003 App to visual studio 2005 - asp.net.migrate-vs2003-vs2005

PastBook’s Filepicker.io Integration Eases Process Of Converting Facebook Content To Books
PastBook , one of several companies that allow Facebook users to publish their content on the social network in actual books , announced the ...

Zwartz Laminating-Converting B.V. on the App Store on iTunes
Get Zwartz Laminating-Converting B.V. on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

"Occupier" Thanked Former Soviet Citizen for "Converting" Him to Capitalism, Pro-Israel, Pro-USA - YouTube ...
May Day Demonstration on Union Square in New York City Zionism & Birth of Modern Israel in 1948: Former Soviet Citizen Pays Tribute to Ben-Gurion ...