Hai friends,

I am doing project in ASP.NET(vb language)

 I have visual studio .net 2003 installed in my pc and i am doing my project in it , because i need to use additional functionality like "AJAX" , i want to use visual studio .net 2005 or visual studio .net 2008

my project folder name is "sqls"

can i install visual studio .net 2005 or visual studio .net 2008 and migrate this project folder to work in visual studio .net 2005 or visual studio .net 2008

i have uninstall visual studio .net 2003 and install visual studio .net 2005 or visual studio .net 2008

does project run in visual studio .net 2003 will run in visual studio .net 2005 or visual studio .net 2008 ????

pl tell me which is better visual studio .net 2005 or visual studio .net 2008

if any steps were there for migration...

Thanks...

Ambrose

16 March 2008..

Winners Never Quit
Quitters Never Win
0
ambrose1

if you have VS2008 at your disposal, I'd take that instead of VS2005. And yes, you certainly can migrate from VS2003 to VS2008, see

Walkthrough: Converting a Visual Studio .NET 2003 Web Project to a Visual Studio Web Application Project

Thanks,

Teemu Keiski
Finland, EU
0
joteke
3/16/2008 3:50:06 PM

Thank u teema...

if i want to convert to visual studio .net 2005 does is the same procedure.....as in visual studio .net 2008

Ambrose

Winners Never Quit
Quitters Never Win
0
ambrose1
3/16/2008 5:23:50 PM

Pretty much - see the links on the page I provided - for the specific versions of the article. Just note that Web Application project is added to VS2005 with Sp 1 or optionally as separate download. It has the web site project as the core default, and it's quite different from what you're used to with projects in VS2003 (therefore I suggested Web Application project since it's close to what you're used to work with)

Thanks,

Teemu Keiski
Finland, EU
0
joteke
3/16/2008 5:29:24 PM

Thank u teema..

    ur post helped me....

                            I saw convertion to visual studio.net 2005 also...

Thanks!!!Thanks..

Ambrose

Winners Never Quit
Quitters Never Win
0
ambrose1

Can I Have Visual Studio.NET and Visual Studio 2005 together?
Hi everyone. Can I have Visual Studio.NET and Visual Studio 2005 installed in the same machine? I want to install Studio 2005 but I do not want to uninstall Studio.NET yet. Thanks!C# I am running VS 2003 and VS 2005 together with no problems.Martin Lawrence, MCSE, CNE, A+ Recut Technologies Ltd. http://www.recut.com Yes, they can be installed side-by-side. I have it installed side-by-side on my computer and it works perfectly without any conflicts. I even think there is a Version Selector (not something you have to install as it is installed by default) which will make sure your pro...

Running Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 on the same machine.
Hi there,   I have many projects i develop and continue to maintain on my server. Visual Studio .NET 2003 is currently installed and is what i use to do this. I'd really like to install Visual Studio 2005 and give that a whirl on the same machine, and perhaps develop upcoming sites with it also.I understand that upon installation of VS 2005 it will install the 2.0 Framework. Will this effect my 1.1 sites at all? Does the 2.0 Framework upgrade the 1.1 framework, or does it leave the 1.1 framework intact so older projects can still use it?Any advice would be welcome! :)Thanks,Cr...

Visual Studio 2005 Pro / Visual Studio .NET 2003 Pro ?
Ok I have enough money now to purchase Visual Studio .NET 2003 Pro but what do you think guys, is it too late? Do I need to wait til Visual Studio 2005 is officially release? If you suggest me to wait, so I will still use my Visual Studio.NET Pro 60 days trial edition. After the trial reach its limit, I will reformat my HD and install my Windows + Visual Studio Trial again. Yeah this is make me tired but I dont need to spend 600 bucks again for upgrade. or perhaps I will use MSDN Subscription Pro but I hope Visual Studio 2005 Pro will release before my subscription is expired. ...

Can I use my visual studio 6 project in Visual Studio .NET?
Here is my situation 1) Web Windows 2k Server. All code is done in ASP (not .net) 2) 1 Developer is not yet ready to install Visual Studio .NET, nor are we ready upgrade our server to .NET, however I wish to use Visiual Studio .NET. So is it possible to open a Visual Studio 6 project file and use the built in Source Control while running Visual Studio .NET? Thanks, Matt anyone able to help me out here? anyone?...

Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition beta VS Visual Studio.net 2003
Is Visual C# 2005 Express Edition Beta better than Visual Studio.net 2003 ? HighOnCodingWanna get high! in my opinon no. vs.net 2003 is a released application, and is used for more than just c#. visual studio whidbey beta is pretty cool except it's a little quirky still. I swear I can't wait til august.Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? Zero. Is Visual C# 20...

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

Web resources about - can we migrate visual studio .net 2003 project to visual studio.net 2005 - asp.net.migrate-vs2003-vs2005

1-800-Flowers Becomes the First Client to Migrate to Facebook’s Revamped Atlas Ad Platform
... platform , which Facebook announced at Advertising Week 2014 in New York at the end of September, has its first client, as 1-800-Flowers migrated ...

Facebook Migrates 400,000 Users to Fans of Apple’s Page
While Facebook has been turning up the marketing on businesses and brand owners to create Facebook Pages, one feature of Pages that is less well ...

Why, when and how to migrate to Windows 8 - Windows 8 migration, Windows 8 deployment, Windows 8, Windows ...
Windows 8 machines are coming out sometime this fall, but that doesn't mean businesses should shift to panic mode to upgrade their corporate ...

'You don't migrate to this country unless you want to join our team': Tony Abbott renews push on national ...
Prime Minister Tony Abbott has elaborated on his "Team Australia" remarks, telling a radio interview that "you don't migrate to this country ...

Tony Abbott's woman problem migrates to his ministry
Tony Abbott is having women trouble. It's nothing he said, mind.

Doctors and Nurses From Poor Countries Migrate To Rich Ones
Australia has saved almost $640 million by poaching doctors from some of the poorest countries in Africa.

Pacific Islanders reject 'climate refugee' status, want to 'migrate with dignity', SIDS conference hears ...
Pacific Islanders who may be forced to flee rising sea levels say they want to be able to migrate with dignity.

Polar bears migrate to Canadian Arctic for longer lasting ice: study
Some polar bear clusters have slowly moved to islands north of Canada's mainland that are retaining the Arctic ice for longer, according to a ...

Apple Music giving former Beats subscribers month grace period to migrate libraries
... all of their content, playlists, music, and preferences will be safe until January 19th, 2016. That means that you have until then to migrate ...

Verizon Explains the Real Reason Geese Migrate
Every weekday, we bring you the Ad Age/iSpot Hot Spots , new and trending TV commercials tracked by iSpot.tv , a company that catalogs, tags ...