Can a .NET 1.1 page execute in a .NET 2.0 web site?

I've got a ASP.NET 1.1 web site to which I would like to add some ASP.NET 2.0 web pages. Could I just change the web site to point to the 2.0 .NET version and still have the .NET 1.1 web pages work so that both versions are in the same web site?

Have you some of you approached this?

Thanks.

0
rpipkin

The official answer is maybe Smile [:)]

It's not officially supported, but most ASP.NET 1.1 pages will run fine under ASP.NET 2.0.  Officially you should run the upgrade wizard on your 1.1 pages.

This is a  pretty good blog entry.

James
My Blog: http://www.wintersfamily.plus.com/blogs/JamesWinters
0
jcw14

HELP Running a web-site with .NET 2.0 and NET 1.1
Hi evreybody,  I have a HUGE problem. I running a website that I have just created with ASP .NET 2.0 technology, well within my web site there is an web application that needs to run under V1.1. I'm using IIS 6.0 and I was wondering to see if anybody can help me run my new site, and run that web app at the same time. Basically is two sites within one web directory, the way you acces both sites is by the same link, just one is ROOT/default aspx (V2.0) and the other is Root/webapp/default.aspx (v1.1) can anybody help me... :( THANK you you will have to define them as two separate w...

Can a page written in VB.Net 1.1 work with .Net 2.0 dlls?
Hi, Previously the Vb .Net page was working fine with GAC dll written .Net 1.1 . But the GAC dlls have been upgraded to 2.0 version and the page is thorowing error :"BC30002: Type 'CompanyUser' is not defined", where 'CompanyUser'is the class of the GAC dll. Can u help on this so that this page can be run without converting it to .Net 2.0? Thanks, SonaliThanks,Sonali  I think that you can set in IIS your page to run under 2.0. You do not have to upgrade site.__Please mark post as answer if it helps, if not come back and ask again! Hi, The only thin...

Migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi All, Well i hoped that the migrating went smoother then is does so far. I had a few problem which i could fix with blogs from other developers, but i didn't find a good solution for this problem. Somehow i get the following error: "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'Inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class" Well i worked very good before the migration. Some advise would be very welcome! Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. Maybe this post will hel...

Migrate DataGrid .NEt 1.1 to .NEt 2.0
Hi I has just convert my ASP.NET web application from .NET 1.1 to .NEt 2.0 so far there is no problem but my datagrid seems to be acting really weird my datagrid has 3 columns and have paging enabled. When there is one/two row of data. The paging(which shows us the number of page) seems to have a column span of 1)  If i click on the second row of data.... the paging will have the column span of 3 This does not happen if there is more than 2 data   please go to the link for better clarification http://yingleekit.multiply.com/photos/album/1/work#1 http://ying...

autocomplete not working in IE7 after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5
IE7 autocomplete not working after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5. OS: Windows XP. Autocomplete worked fine on IE6 and IE7 before migration.  Is there anything thats needs to be configured on the server for IE7 autocomplete to work with the new migrated 3.5 application?  Appreciate the feedback         How are you impleneting Autocomplete? Can you show us problem causing code..My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." there is no autocomplete implementation. This is purely using...

Problem with Project Migrating from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0
Hi i am working in .net 1.1 and i am working on a web service. it 's working fine in .net 1.1 with vs2003 but when i migrated my WS from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 i am getting System.FormatException while converting datetime from string using DateTime.Parse method. it was not happening earlier when i was using .net 1.1. My WS converted from vs2003 to vs2005 using a wizard and it doesn's shows a single error.   i did lots of googling on this issue but didnot gets any help , so any reply in the matter will be highly appericiable.  thanks vishal sharma vishalsharma808...

Migrating .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0/3.5
We have many of our application running in .NET 1.1, and plannig to migrate all one-by-one, i know there will be a big challenge for this activity, What we are planning is not to migrate all in one shot, After migrating one application we will give for some selective users testing once we feel it is OK, do the next. What is best way of doing this thing? Any links, thrid party tools, since opening this in VWD 2005, it is converting the application but many errors are popuping up. Any reference would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance. Hi, Please follow the steps mentioned in this l...

best practices to migrate from .net 1.0 to .net 1.1
hi, i have windows xp pro running iis 5.1. i have an intranet site running under iis. i made this site using VS.NET 2002 under .NET framework 1.0.3705. Now i want to upgrade me .NET frame work to version 1.1. , but i still want to use VS.NET 2002 for programming and maintaining the site. How do i do this without the upgrade affecting my already deployed website. A step by step procedure to migrate from version 1.0.3705 to version 1.1 would be quite helpful. Thanks in advance, Raja. Well, at least take a look at this doc about running v1.0 and 1.1 side-by-side h...

best method to migrate from .net 1.0 to .net 1.1
hi, i have windows xp pro running iis 5.1. i have an intranet site running under iis. i made this site using VS.NET 2002 under .NET framework 1.0.3705. Now i want to upgrade me .NET frame work to version 1.1. , but i still want to use VS.NET 2002 for programming and maintaining the site. How do i do this without the upgrade affecting my already deployed website. A step by step procedure to migrate from version 1.0.3705 to version 1.1 would be quite helpful. Thanks in advance, Raja. Hi, There is an article on this, right on this site. Check this Hope it hel...

having .net 1.1 and .net 2.0
Was just wondering if you someone could tell me the ramifications of the following:  I have .net 2.0 but did not uninstally .net 1.1, i have visual studio 2003, and visual web developer installed on the computer as well as sql server 2000.  my question is whether that is a problem having the two runtimes installed at the same time?  i did this because i wanted to use VWD but keep vs 2003 in case i needed to do any development for work....any comments are appreciated.  --jpIf my post is helpful please mark as answerRegards -- jp(http://www.rzrsolutions.com/rzrWeb20/...

Web resources about - Can a .NET 1.1 page execute in a .NET 2.0 web site? - asp.net.migrate-vs2003-vs2005

Execute (album) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Execute is the debut album of So Solid Crew members, Oxide & Neutrino . It includes the Casualty sampling number 1 single " Bound 4 Da Reload ...

eXecute by J.P. Morgan on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about eXecute by J.P. Morgan. Download eXecute by J.P. Morgan and enjoy ...

A dozen armed agents raid animal shelter to execute captive baby deer - YouTube
KENOSHA, WI An animal shelter was swarmed with armed government agents after employees began caring for a baby deer. "It was like a SWAT team," ...

Taliban gunman publicly executes woman near Kabul
A man, Afghan officials say is a member of the Taliban, shot dead a woman accused of adultery in front of a crowd near Kabul, a video obtained ...

How Indonesia will execute death row inmates
Bali Nine drug traffickers Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran will have some small choices in the way they die and those who execute them will ...

North Korea executes vice premier for discontent with leader: Yonhap
North Korea's vice premier was executed by firing squad this year after showing discontent with the policies of the country's leader Kim Jong ...

North Korea 'executes' leader's ex (00:47)
According to South Korean reports, the ex-girlfriend of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un was put to death on pornography allegations.

Somalian Islamist gunmen of al-Shabab execute 36 non-Muslim workers at Kenyan quarry
"The militia separated the Muslims, then ordered the non-Muslims to lie down where they shot them on the head at close range," Hassan Duba, an ...

ISIS fighter Ali Saqr executes mother Lena al-Qasem in Raqqa
AN Islamic State fighter executed his own mother after learning she wanted to escape the organisation.

IS 'executes' Chinese, Norwegian hostages
... to be Chinese hostage Fan Jinghui and Norwegian Ole-Johan Grimsgaard-Ofstad. A stamp-like caption overlaid on the full-page photo read: "Executed ...