textbox with arabic letters

hi friends,can anybody help me for a troubling job....i created one website in vs2005 (vb)...backend is sql2005....in my aspx page i have some  text box control....when i click save button data will go to sql..now my requirement is i wanted to add the arabic version of this page...that means in that when the user will click arabic link...the text box should be with arabic fonts....and this arabic letters required to pass to the database...how can i do this?
1
jula
4/14/2009 6:30:14 AM
asp.net.localization 2171 articles. 0 followers. Follow

to save in database any language letters use fields of type NVARCHAR()

Regards,
Stefan Uzunov
0
Steelymar
4/14/2009 6:45:50 AM

 Hi  Jula,

Please  make  sure  that  the datatype  for  that  particular column  is  NVarchar   and  Database  Collation  is  Arabic_CI_AS

 Hope  this  helps.

Click "Mark As Answer" if it helped you.

TALIB ALI KHAN
MCTS
Welcome to TALIB's World

0
Talib_dotnet
4/14/2009 8:09:53 AM

dears , database part is ok..in vs2005 website how can i make text box entry in arabic instead of english?

regards

0
jula
4/14/2009 8:12:42 AM

jula:
how can i make text box entry in arabic instead of english?

Hi  Jula,

For  that , you  need to  press  ALT + SHIFT   to  change  the  typing  language  from  EN to  AR  ....( If  at all  you  have  installed  Arabic  fonts.)

Click "Mark As Answer" if it helped you.

TALIB ALI KHAN
MCTS
Welcome to TALIB's World

0
Talib_dotnet
4/14/2009 8:18:36 AM

you can't change selected language on client computer from web page.

Regards,
Stefan Uzunov
0
Steelymar
4/14/2009 8:23:42 AM

jula:
how can i make text box entry in arabic instead of english?

Hi  Stefan,

Yep,  you  are right  ..But  he's  asking  for  making  textbox data  entry  .....   :)

Click "Mark As Answer" if it helped you.

TALIB ALI KHAN
MCTS
Welcome to TALIB's World

0
Talib_dotnet
4/14/2009 8:28:41 AM

 Have a look at this video - Create a Multi-Lingual Site with Localization http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/video-40.aspx

TATWORTH
4/16/2009 8:05:22 AM

 Refer below link for cultur setting and how to implement

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bz9tc508.aspx

http://aspalliance.com/821

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/mosessaur/aspnetlocalization02042006165851PM/aspnetlocalization.aspx?ArticleID=96602e53-0fb1-44ec-a67b-1c68b05eb2e1

Please mark it as answer if it resolves the issue.

visit: http://technicalsol.blogspot.com
0
sumitd
4/16/2009 8:43:17 AM

hi friends,can anybody help me for a troubling job....i created one website in vs2005 (vb)...backend is sql2005....in my aspx page i have some text box control....when i click save button data will go to sql..now my requirement is i wanted to add the punjabi  version of this page...that means in that when the user will click punjabi  link...the text box should be with punjabi fonts....and this punjabi  letters please reply me .

SURYA BENIWAL
0
suryabeniwal
5/5/2009 5:42:56 AM
hi friend like this requirement am spending my time from last month ...but i didnt find out any solution....instead of punjabi i need to enter arabic ....anyway in my web page i have two pages for english and arabic...i created two pages for english and arabic...when the user will click arabic, second page will come...in that page all labels are in arabic but the text box entry is in english....
0
jula
5/5/2009 5:53:14 AM

 > but the text box entry is in english....

You need to hold your text content in multiple languages and switch between them if a translation is available.

TATWORTH

from local to the net
Hi, My website is working find on my local computer (and network) Now, I want to deploy it on the net. Which type of files have I to put on my webserver ? ..cs ? ..aspx.cs ? ..aspx.resx ? ..ascx ? ..ascx.cs ? Thanks in advance for your response. Séb Hi, compiling .cs files produces dll's and it will compile all .cs as well as resource files to dll's (one per project with VS.NET). You'd deploy the: -dll's (to bin folder at app root) -aspx -ascx (if you use user controls) -web.config file Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU This concept is c...

Using the Textbox.Text on Dynmaicly Created Textboxes in VB.Net
I found a script that i modified to create textbox fields Dynamicly.  I am now faced with the delimia of figuring out a way to pull the data in those dynamicly created fields.  Since they are not defined, I have not found a way to use a variable to pull the data. Here is the code .aspx   <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="DynamicTextboxes.aspx.vb" Inherits="DynamicTextboxes" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-tr...

Arabic Letters
Name: Mohamed Hassan Email: barveheart111847athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Arabic Letters Comments: When trying to write in the Arab characters it written separate in the address bar. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Arabic Localization
I uploaded the Arabic Localization package to my site and it installed fine but I need it to be the default language for my portal How to achieve this? Go to Admin -> Site Settings and select the default language for the portal.There's a new feature in next version (3.1.1) where you'll be able to "disable" any installed language. So if you're building and arabic only portal you could disable english language and it will not be available to be selected in any screen that asks for a language. Thank you...

/\w/ match with 'use locale' misses letters in utf8 locale
Hello. Should /\w/ work with 'use locale' and correct environment set? The problem is that in Linux (Gentoo and Debian I've tried) /\w/ does not match Russian letter while I use locale and LC_COLLATE is set to ru_RU.UTF-8. The most strange thing is that in FreeBSD this works. Look: +++++++++++++++++++++++++ FreeBSD ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ FreeBSD $ cat test-file слово строка с пробелами string with spaces (not only with [:alnum:]) English; hello_привет FreeBSD $ perl -e 'open(IN, "< test-file"); while(<IN>) { print if /\w/; }' s...

convert PB 9 English app into Arabic / PB localized Arabic runtime
Hi all, Customer requires to have a mirror effect ability while displaying Arabic texts on our PB app which was originally developed in English. I just cant find a localized Arabic runtime for PB after version 6/7. No mention of it in the PB docs and Sybase site. The folowing link http://www.sybase.com/content/1036154/L02684_PB_InternationalizedApps_WP.pdf provides guidance for Unicode and double byte languages mainly but not for Middle Eastern languages. Is this Arabic runtime still available for PB9 and up, what would be your advices for converting our app to Arabic wit...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Arabic TextBox Encoding
Hello all developers, I have now one Table and Web page that contains ,that I need to insert values into it,in case I use Data Controls like FormView,I tried to insert Arabic Text which it successfully added to the table,but if I use an noram TextBox with Inser QUsery,it inserted values aa "???????????" ,I can't find any Arabic characters and can't solve it,you can check this in that link ,as you can test inserting data from a "FormView" and from "TextBOx",and you will see Urself the differernce,I need any one who may solve that issus for me ASAp... ht...

Numbers or letters in a TextBox
How I can have a TextBox that to only lets me enter letters or numbers? you need to add a regular expression validator on your page, link the validator to that text box, and give it a regular expression to filter what you don't want. HTH, JasonJason Wyckoff If you're not into regular expressions (and let's face it, who in their right mind is ;-) ) and if you're happy to validate the form on the server, then you could use the following code:public bool IsValid ( String word ) { foreach ( Char letter in word ) { if ( !Char.IsLetter ( letter ) && !Char.IsNumber...

Filter Textbox Only Letters
 Is there a way of filtering a textbox for upper and  lower case letters rather than just numbers? thanks si! quote from: FilteredTextBox Sample FilterType - A the type of filter to apply, as a comma-separated combination of Numbers, LowercaseLetters, UppercaseLetters, and Custom. If Custom is specified, the ValidChars field will be used in addition to other settings such as Numbers. So, FilterType = "LowercaseLetters, UppercaseLetters" does the trick?  very much so thanks! i was tryin to use a filtered textbox but i didnt know how to combine two fi...

Numbers or letters in a TextBox
How I can have a TextBox that to only lets me enter letters or numbers? can't see the link with iewebcontrols (xml-xslt in treenodes?) You should ask in an other asp.net sub-forum.DNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls bis :}DNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls...

Problem with arabic letters
Name: Mena Email: Fantasy-Menaathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Problem with arabic letters Comments: When i edited the word tags and replace it with the word وسوم I got this [IMG]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6076/617200993942am.png[/IMG] The Arabic letters where separated When i refresh the page or in this case save, it returns to normal any way this s not happening only with that it happened many times while I'm posting on forums or my blog Wen i refresh or done posting it appears normally also if i was going to write a co...

Web resources about - textbox with arabic letters - asp.net.localization

Aqua (user interface) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Aqua is the GUI and primary visual theme of Apple Inc. 's OS X operating system . It is based around the theme of water, as its name suggests, ...

Wikipedia:Sockpuppet investigations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
WP:RFCU redirects here. You may be looking for Wikipedia:Requests for comment/User conduct ( WP:RFC/U ), CheckUser policy ( Wikipedia:CheckUser ...

Help - Identi.ca
Identi.ca is a social service . Users can post short(140 character) status messages which are broadcast totheir friends and colleagues on the ...

City of Whitehorse, YT : Contact
Employment - Bylaws - Document Library - FAQ - Contact Us Search Query Textbox Home Home About Whitehorse Notify Me Contact Us Employee Links ...

www.asianewsphoto.com Help
Help for uploading pictures Noun explanation Group pictures: a basic unit which stands for a piece of news photo in system; include: information ...

Metamorphose: All-In-One File/Folder Renamer For Windows, Mac & Linux
Previously, we’ve reviewed many batch file-renaming applications like ReNamer (read review), NameChanger (read review), File Grinder (read review) ...

How to build a Twitter extension for Chrome
Ars takes a close look at the Chrome Web browser's new extension system. In …

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- RSS
... RSS Service, please follow the instructions below. STEP 1. Select the product to subscribe. STEP 2. The RSS link will be shown on the Textbox ...

authonomy writers and readers - Daniel Escurel Occeno's profile - authonomy writing community
... of the Point Guard”. It is entered in www.textnovel.com writing contest.In the TEXTNOVEL website simply type in “Lee Chon” in the textbox search ...

Baseball Prospectus
Forgot Your Password? Enter your username in the textbox below. Username: If you don't remember your username, please contact Customer Service ...