setting a character set

Hi

In a security book i'm reading it says i should always set a character set for a web page
e.g. <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

How do i do this?

Is this characeter set achieved by the following in the web.config or do i need to do something else

 <globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" />

Thanks a lot
andrea
0
andieje
7/5/2006 12:05:30 PM
asp.net.localization 2171 articles. 0 followers. Follow

from DOS CHARACTER SET to ANSI CHARACTER SET
------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C28CFC.410C7D60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello everybody, Does someone know how to easily convert a file=20 from DOS CHARACTER SET to ANSI CHARACTER SET? A line, for example, from: 19/10/2002 03:06 757281 \Apresenta=E2=80=A1=C3=A4es\Aquarium.zip To: 19/10/2002 03:06 757281 \Apresenta=C3=A7=C3=B5es\Aquarium.zip Thanks in advance, Josimar ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C28CFC.410C7D60-- ...

Character set conversion is not available between client character set 'utf8'
Hi All, I have sybase data source set to iso_1.I have Sybase native client installed on Solaris and i have solaris charset set to utf-8. When i tried to connect to isql plus i am getting error "bash-3.00$ isql -S ARSDBPROD -U netcool -P ars\!cool Msg 2401, Level 11, State 2: Server 'ARSDBPROD': Character set conversion is not available between client character set 'utf8' and server character set 'iso_1'. No conversions will be done. Msg 4002, Level 14, State 1: Server 'ARSDBPROD': Login failed. CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): pro...

Setting the MySQL client character set
--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This just cost me a few hours of debugging, so I am posting it to spare others: The mysql client character set can be set to UTF-8 with: $dbh->do("set character set utf8"); $dbh->do("set names 'utf8'"); That's in the manual. What is not in the manual is that the order is crucial. If you swap them, it does not work, and you will get very strange results. hp --=20 _ | Peter J. Holzer | If I wa...

save settings // import settings // export settings
Name: miguel mayol Email: mitcoes_at_gmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: save settings // import settings // export settings Comments: I've just have a stack overflow problem in one of the computers of my office with internet explorer. The other ones, does work with our provider web site ok. But Firefox and Opera does work OK ata all the computers with this site, with problems of bad reading of contents at some pages (I supose becouse of MS HTML non compatible isues). If IE would have export // import settings, probably I've solved all the problems, but I would...

How do you set Local Printer Settings if user is on the Internet
I am evaluating the WDK 2.0 version and can't seem to understand how to configure the client pc's printer to work if they are connected to us via the Internet connection. I need to know how to configure the Client to print on his local printer, who is connected via the internet. Dan Bailes I attempted to add the shared resouces drive letter on the client. Ran the application and attempted to print. Still getting need to setup default printer error message which I do have a default printer already setup. Check that the server has an Admin id setup for "WDKPrintA...

Turbopower Async Pro is blocked by Policy Local Cmpuer Policy\Windws Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Right Assignment
If computers have set "Load and unload device drivers" in this key to Asministrators only, my program will not be able to connect an external device if I use tApdDataPacket for communication, but if I use tApdTerminal, everything works ok. Has anyone any idea what device drivers may be involved here when adding Users to the group, the program work properly ? Must be something that is loaded by the packet component? Is this driver something that could be preinstalled by installation program ? Onthe other hand, is it normal to do this restriction in policy? (the c...

YOU RE-SET MY SETTINGS!!
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: YOU RE-SET MY SETTINGS!! Comments: I AM VERY, VERY UNHAPPY THAT YOUR UM-ANNOUNCED DOWNLOAD TO MY COMPUTER DHANGES MY FIREFOX SETTINGS!!!!! ENOUGH SO... THAT IF / WHEN IF HAPPENS AGAIN? I WILL PERMANENTLY SWITCH TO ANOTHER BROWSER!! WHAT IS PARTICULARLY GALLING IS HAT I HAVE CONVINCED DOZENS OF FRIENDS TO FIREFOX! STOP ^%$^*%$& WITH MY FIREFOX SETTINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to...

how to set apache2 to display utf8 character set correctly

Set International Settings
I can't modify the International Settings, 'sthousand' and 'sdecimal', on windows 95. I have use 2 methods to do it, and with no results. I put this code in the event OPEN of the application : RegistrySet("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control panel\International","sDecimal", ",") RegistrySet("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control panel\International","sThousand", ".") ...and SetProfileString("c:\windows\WIN.INI", "intl", "sThousand",'"."') SetProfilestring("c:\windows\...

Settings.Settings file
Settings.Design.cs file defaultInstance returns the localhost url instead of remote machine url. The webservice is hosted in remote machine so that the defaultinstance should be returns remote machine url but instead of it returns localhost url. The solution caches the settings somewhere in the physical path? Please anyone know the solution let me know. Thanks. The Settings.designer.cs file is the automatically-generated settings that you edit in the Settings.settings file. You should edit the value using the settings editor, not in the .cs file. To do that, double-click on the settings.s...

HTMLDW local character set
When retrieving the content of my HTML in IE50 I cannot view properly special character set like "spanish n -> �" or "�" although when previewing in PBuilder HTML I can view them right. You may need to change a setting in Jaguar. I think there is an option to change the character set under the server's properties tab. Regards, Dan van Leeuwen On Wed, 12 Jan 2000 09:15:44 +0100, "Jon" <jzuazoa@nexo.es> wrote: >When retrieving the content of my HTML in IE50 I cannot view properly >special character set like "spanish...

Set Environment setting
I call the following function in my application, but it does not seem to take effect in the program until I exit and execute the program again. The change however is done when viewing it in Windows environment variables. But not instantly in the program. How do I fix this? procedure SetUserEnvironmentVariable(const name, value: string); var rv: DWORD; begin with TRegistry.Create do try RootKey := HKEY_CURRENT_USER; OpenKey('Environment', False); WriteString(name, value); SendMessageTimeout(HWND_BROADCAST, WM_SETTINGCHANGE, 0, LParam (PChar...

WARNING: "Application 'sybinit' is using character set 'iso_1', but the Replication Server is using character set 'utf8'
RepServer 12.6 ESD#2 RSSD on ASE 12.5.1 ESD#2 I have the following when I created my first RepServer: 2004/06/22 11:22:04 waiting for server 'SYDNEY_RS' to boot... 2004/06/22 11:22:09 Task succeeded: start the Replication Server. 2004/06/22 11:22:09 Running task: configure the Replication Server. 2004/06/22 11:22:09 SQL Server message: msg 14125, level 11, state 0 2004/06/22 11:24:18 WARNING: "Application 'sybinit' is using character set 'iso_1', but the Replication Server is using character set 'utf8&#...

Re: Set::Object + Set::Scalar

Web resources about - setting a character set - asp.net.localization

Dilbert (character) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dilbert is a fictional character and the main character and protagonist of the Dilbert comic strip . He is a white collar office worker who has ...

How Will a 10,000-Character Limit Change Twitter Marketing?
... returning as CEO and some notable layoffs — Twitter is poised to make one of its most drastic changes yet, expanding the infamous 140 character ...

Jack & Coke renamed "The Lemmy" by Food & Beverage magazine; Lemmy now a GTA V character
by Rob Sperry-Fromm In the wake of Lemmy's passing, tributes to the Motorhead frontman have come from all over the place, including a petition ...

George Clooney is starring in a movie called 'Money Monster,' and his character is clearly a play on ...
"Ocean's 11" stars George Clooney and Julia Roberts are co-starring in the upcoming financial news thriller "Money Monster", directed by Jodie ...

Nintendo promises “big characters” like Mario coming to smartphones this year
... by 2017. The first Nintendo game for smartphones, though, was delated until March, and worse, features none of Nintendo’s best known characters. ...

Barbara Allyne Bennet Dies: Veteran Character Actress Was 76
Barbara Allyne Bennet , a veteran character actress and former SAG board member, has died January 9. She was 76. A Cleveland native, Bennet moved ...

'Walking Dead' Star Lauren Cohan Says Fans Should Be 'Concerned' for Her Character
'Walking Dead' Star Lauren Cohan Says Fans Should Be 'Concerned' for Her Character

'Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2' Beta Shows Off New Modes, Characters And Weapons
Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 beta proves popular as sequel impresses with its new modes, characters, weapons and locations.

How Marceline Became One of Adventure Time’s Most Fascinating Characters
Marceline the Vampire Queen was a lot of fun in her first appearances on Adventure Time , but nobody could have predicted how much she’s evolved, ...

'Star Wars: Episode 8' Could Reveal Rey's Identity; J.J. Abrams Admits He Knows 'Quite A Bit' About Character ...
"Star Wars" fans could get answers to who Rey really is when "Episode 8" is released in May 2017.