Set default language for crawlers and robots

Hi all,

I've set up my website with localization/globalisation in 3 languages (dutch/french/english).
Of course all international (japan/russia/...) will also enter my website in the english version, so i've set the Culture and UiCulture in the web.config to "auto" and configured my global.asax with a Select Case with the Else clause to English...

Now this will result that all search engine robots will crawl my website in english, though, my main interest is the dutch language. So, is there a way to detect robots in the global.asax file and let them crawl my website in my preferred dutch language?!

Thanks in advance!

Face your fears, Live Your Dreams
0
HW
4/29/2009 9:23:02 AM
asp.net.localization 2171 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Normally crawlers set the User-Agent string in the HTTP Header. Look at the Crawler property in HttpBrowserCapabilities http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.httpbrowsercapabilities_members.aspx.

0
benbyrd

Default portal, default language not localizes Admin and Host menu tabs
Something strange, when I added new portal with desired default language, then from this portal these menus are localized, but if I enter to some admin page of them again they are in english... What could be a reason? Cannot reproduce this problem. My child portals work ok. Could you try again and post a detailed step by step process to reproduce this. Please prefix future posts about DNN3 issues with DNN 3.0.4. Did you try localizing the host portal and notice the same effect?Do you know the truth when you hear it? Like I sad with child portals localization works ok. But if I ch...

set default language
Hi all, I am building a pfc application in PB7 with ASA 6. In ASA the data displays fine in correct char set(sjis) but in PB7 I can retrieve the data okay in the right char set but for the UI, I am inputting characters as sjis but they come out as unreadable. I am using W2K pro as OS. The application is for Jp users so no Eng is required. So my question is in the application service can I set the default language and will this fix my problem or not???? Cheers Matt chuck1rar@yahoo.com ...

Localized in The Language not with Microsoft net
Some languages are there which is not built in with microsoft.net like Sindhi, Pashot and many others. When we want to localize in these languages. How can we do it? Hi, so far Microsoft supports the main languages encoding,  search for the parent languages of Sindhi, Pashot , they should contain the encoding required to present this sub languages. of store in general unicode format. check http://unicode.org/ for furthure detailsRabeeh AblaSoftware ArchitectGlobalVisionCheck my blog: http://weblogs.asp.net/rabeehabla/P.S: For answers that satisfy your question goal, you ma...

Set default language/template
Hello, using bugzilla 5.0 and want to set the default template/language to the value "aap" (a special template with changed wording and user interface). How can I do this? I did not find anything which will work :( Thanks a lot for your help, Daniel On 02/09/15 10:29, Daniel Seichter wrote: > using bugzilla 5.0 and want to set the default template/language to the > value "aap" (a special template with changed wording and user interface). > > How can I do this? I did not find anything which will work :( Template language choice is automatica...

Default language settings at login
Hi, I am trying to change the default language settings at login from EN to FR (English UK to French) I have managed to change the settings when logged in using Regional Settings and when using the Novell Login... function (loginw32) once logged in it defaults to my preferred language. But I cannot work out how to change the default IME language when logging in on startup. I do not want to have to reinstall the client so is there a reg setting or a client setting I can change? Many thanks Hi, timhartlib@hotmail.com wrote: > > Hi, > > I am trying ...

Language defaults always to English even though my default language is Spanish
Name: Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Language defaults always to English even though my default language is Spanish Comments: Language defaults always to English even though my default language is Spanish Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.9.2b2) Gecko/20091108 Firefox/3.6b2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

How about keep default language for localization builds ?
I don't know if this topic ever discussed before. Sometimes people who use other language to describe the issues about firefox on this support place seems not easy to give exact descriptions because the user interface already localized. I have a suggestion that for each localization build keep the default langulage (English) for user to easily switch between his localized language and the English. How do you think ? On 29/09/2011 5:18 AM, Nohk Two wrote: > I don't know if this topic ever discussed before. > > Sometimes people who use other language to descr...

How to set default language for IDE [Edit]
I have installed Delphi XE2 with german and english language - how can i change the default from german to english? Thank you Am 16.09.2011 14:55, schrieb Cornelius Haug: > I have installed Delphi XE2 with german and english language - how can i change the default from german to english? BDSSetLang.exe Uwe Raabe -- Uwe's Blog: The Art of Delphi Programming <http://www.uweraabe.de/> ...

How to set default printer on local machine
Default printer assignment is set for users. Does anyone know how to set a default printer in iprint on a multi-user machine(workstations are xp pro sp3, iprint client 5.68.00)? Thanks nlinnem Natalie Linneman;2159884 Wrote: > Default printer assignment is set for users. Does anyone know how to set > a > default printer in iprint on a multi-user machine(workstations are xp > pro > sp3, iprint client 5.68.00)? > Thanks > nlinnem If those machines are exceptions, you could use the printui.dll option (a Windows utility) from a script (or run it from a...

Set default language in Application service
Hi all, I am building a pfc application in PB7 with ASA 6. In ASA the data displays fine in correct char set(sjis) but in PB7 I can retireve the data okay in the right char set but for the UI, I am inputting characters as sjis but they come out as unreadable. I am using W2K pro as OS. The application is for Jp users so no Eng is required. So my question is in the application service can I set the default language and will this fix my problem or not???? Cheers Matt chuck1rar@yahoo.com ...

setting up .Net 2.0 as default
Hi all, i wish to only use .Net 2.0 on win Sever 2003. However it is automatically defaulting to 1.1. What is also unusual is only 2.0 is listed in control panel / add remove programmesAny thoughts?  What do you mean "defaulting to?"  Have you created your application with an app pool set to ASP.NET 2.0?  Is there a separate app pool for the 2.0 framework? JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. re:!> What is also unusual is only 2.0 is list...

Default Language Setting
Hi, We r developing one web application using ASP.Net that supports 10 languages. We are using resource files to store all the language related string s in 10 different files and compiling them as app.resources.dll and keeping in the respective folders under bin directory. Suppose i want to have English as my default language if any other language other than my 10 languages is selected. what should i do. shall i need to compile the default strings(res) with main assembly.. Thanks, KORAThanks, Ramesh Hi, In order to set up a default language (i.e. English) you should create an ex...

portal default language
I'm posting this here because it seems project forums on dotnetnuke.com are not working. I've searched forums and found a fact but no suggestions how to solve this except to change core and recompile.I understand why DNN chooses browser language setting of the unautenthicated user over portal default language setting, although I have a few remarks on "flexibility" of that feature. But what completely surprises me is that this is done before dynamic localization is done.! I end up with a portal with mixed up languages. I have half of it in Croatian (static) and dynamic content in English and ...

Novell default settings is not DEFAULT
Win XP, GW 6.5.3, Office 2000 Every time we try to send a word document directy out of the word application windows/GW asks me to choose profile. the system won't rememer the "Novell default Profile" even when I check the "set as default profile" I know, reason is the old GW Mapi, but what can I do against it. Hey, and you can't use the API :-) or? Hi, Jens wrote: > > Win XP, GW 6.5.3, Office 2000 > > Every time we try to send a word document directy out of the word > application windows/GW asks me to choose profile. the syst...

Web resources about - Set default language for crawlers and robots - asp.net.localization

Language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Language is the human capacity for acquiring and using complex systems of communication , and a language is any specific example of such a system. ...

The Eero Programming Language
Interesting new programming language from Andy Arvanitis: Eero is a fully binary- and header-compatible dialect of Objective-C, implemented ...

Apple Open Sources The Swift Programming Language
Back in June at WWDC 2015 Apple surprised a number of people by announcing that they would be making their Swift programming language open source ...

Apple WatchOS 2.1 arrives with new language support and bug fixes
... Capitan 10.11.2, WatchOS 2.1 has landed for the Apple Watch. Most notably, the update offers a number of bug fixes and support for more languages. ...

Apple open-sources Swift, posts the language to GitHub
(credit: Apple) When Apple unveiled Swift 2.0 at WWDC back in June, one of the bigger announcements was that the language would be going open ...

Apple becomes open source champion with Swift programming language
... "Swift is now open source! We are excited by this new chapter in the story of Swift. After Apple unveiled the Swift programming language, it ...

New device gives voice to the deaf by translating sign language to speech in real time
Over the past couple of decades, the world has evolved in a way that favors the hearing impaired, believe it or not. Whereas telephone calls ...

Fox News Suspends Two Pundits For 'Inappropriate' On-Air Language
Earlier today C&L, MMFA and many others posted stories on the profane type language that two Fox News pundits used in attacking president Obama's ...

Apple’s Swift programming language goes open source
Swift, the fast growing computer programming language created by Apple, is officially going open source starting today. Apple unveiled Swift ...

Obama Scales Back ‘Boots On The Ground’ Language
Obama Scales Back ‘Boots On The Ground’ Language