multy language support #2

hello i heard that there some thing that can be done to the sites to support to muty language.

that is if the site is opened in china it opens in chinese language and if it is opened in spain it opens in spanish.
I think its some thing from micro soft.

Is it true.
Please help me.
I am in need of this
0
Johncy
5/1/2009 7:44:24 AM
asp.net.localization 2171 articles. 0 followers. Follow

yes u can use the resx files.. called the resource files.. check out the concept of resx file...

well let me give u some overview..if suppose there is a label on ur page.. which u want to be displayed in the multi lingual.. now suppose the data on  this labe is as "name ".. now in the resx file u have to give key value data.. so u have to create an resx fo english language.. lets say

english.resx

now for the key name u have to fill the data in english as it values

now for chinese

u can keep chinese.rexs

and for the key name u have to fill the data in chisnese against it..

now depending upoin the site url... lets say ur site urls is

ww.abc.ch //chinese site

then read the data from chines.resx..

if www.abc.en//

then read the data from english.resx..

there are other ways.. like u can also keep the Multilingal data in Database..instead of resx file.. it all depend on which approch u want to follow.

Please mark as answer if it helped u!
0
kavita_khandhadia
5/1/2009 8:42:12 AM

Refere below urls:

http://www.codeguru.com/csharp/.net/net_asp/miscellaneous/article.php/c12407/

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/dotnet/Localization.aspx

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/mosessaur/aspnetlocalization02042006165851PM/aspnetlocalization.aspx?ArticleID=96602e53-0fb1-44ec-a67b-1c68b05eb2e1

You can check the ULR entered and pick the corresponding resource, like india ..it is .in england .uk

www.google.co.uk

www.google.co.in

Please mark it as answer if it resolves the issue.

visit: http://technicalsol.blogspot.com
0
sumitd
5/1/2009 9:01:31 AM
kavita madam.
could you explain a little more.
my site is .com
then how it recognise its language
0
Johncy
5/1/2009 9:10:29 AM

sure. well if urs is a .com site... that is not a prob.. well the most common thing that such site do is that they keep a combo box at the top of the site to provide language preference ...on selection of this language.. u can store the language in ur session and keep rendering ur UI using the corresponding resx file.. (important thing is that u have 10 pages then u can prepare 10 different resx for english 10 for chiness and so on..)

well there can another things... if ur site supports user login then depending upoin the user registration u can show the language... that u can stor against which user u want to show which language and then u can use the resx file values.

another thing... now different approch.. if u do not want to use resx for some reson.. (as im doing then)

for each label or text that is displayed oin the UI...u have to store it in the DB and instead of the values writing in the aspx page

<asp:label Text="Some text in English" id="lblsome"

u have do in code behind like this fro ur db

 lblsome.Text = "Value fetched from db."

Please mark as answer if it helped u!
0
kavita_khandhadia
5/1/2009 10:12:33 AM
hai madam, i get what u said, but i am doubt that is it possible?
because its  site having more than 20 pages. the client needs almost all the comon languages such as french, spanish, porchugese, etc... including English. then how much rex file should i create.

But i heard that there is some thing that converts the language of the site by fetching the ip of user and changing the language as per that location.

Plese help me
0
Johncy
5/1/2009 4:30:31 PM

You need to create one resx file for each language. There is no way you can change the language of a site by ip. Refer below link which uses resx file to create multilingual site and it is of Microsoft and it has one resx for each language.

Please mark it as answer if it resolves the issue.

visit: http://technicalsol.blogspot.com
0
sumitd
5/1/2009 5:08:54 PM

Johncy:
hai madam, i get what u said, but i am doubt that is it possible? because its site having more than 20 pages. the client needs almost all the comon languages such as french, spanish, porchugese, etc... including English. then how much rex file should i create. But i heard that there is some thing that converts the language of the site by fetching the ip of user and changing the language as per that location. Plese help me

well  as u said that by fetchin the ip of the user u can change the language.. let me correct you that by fetchign the ip of the user you come to know which Language will be applied to the UI that he/she sees. On and all you have to keep ur ML data in either database, or xml(resx) files. I think may be u are toking about changing the culture.. yes u can do that.. but it will be applied to only some data like calendar data and all.. which dot net knows..

other wise for ur personalized data u have to keep seperate ml Values some where!!

Please mark as answer if it helped u!
0
kavita_khandhadia

Multi Language Support #2
 Hi I am a begineer. I am working on multilanguage website project using Resource Files. Can anyone help me how to display the japanese and chinese characters using the resource files?Thanks In AdvanceEdwin Prakash.A   Hi there, this video is about something similar and I thought it could help you http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/video-40.aspx.Bashar Kokash, Blog...

Multi language support #2
I want to know about the multi language support in Power builder. Please describe it in detail. This question was asked on the 13th. My preferred method is to store in the database a link to all objects and the text for the objects in all required languages. When opening the window, pull the text for the objects based on user's language. Others have suggested TomWiz. For the actual display, PB supports DBCS, not unicode. Some RDBMS's will convert for you. <Muhammad Ali Khan> wrote in message news:3f8f828f.7d2f.846930886@sybase.com... > I want to know about th...

Multi language support
I have been trying to upgrade (ended up trashing and reinstalling) from 11.1 to 11.2. I selected French language with UK keyboard. This option seems in the end to just default to the French keyboad. Reinstalled with UK lang and UK keyboad which is acceptable to me but I then find a big problem. How do I set the compose key so I can enter accented characters etc. (� � � ...) Prior to 11.2 this was some with SAX but SAX support for keyboards appears to have been removed and I believe should be provided by KDE, Gnome, etc. Does anyone know how to define the compose key in 11.2? I ha...

Centos 4.2 multi languages support
Hello everybody I am working with Centos 4.2 server and I want it to display european languages (french, swedish,german) and east asian language (chinese,korean,japanese) through the console. I have actually installed all necessary fonts and files written in those languages can be displayed correctly in X Window. Now the problem is that when I access the server remotely ,using SSH Secure Shell, those languages files become a messy. Anybody has got any answer about that? I tried to edit the file /etc/sysconfig/i18n but it did make any sense. Thank u for ur time Nikale ...

Is there any need to support ISO 639-2 language codes in DT::Locale?
Hi all Does anyone see a pressing need for supporting ISO 639-2 language codes in DateTime::Locale? These are the three character codes instead of the two character ISO 639-1 codes, eg (pilfered straight from DT::Language): # 639-1, 639-2(T), 639-2(B) [ 'aa', 'aar' => 'Afar' ], [ 'am', 'amh' => 'Amharic' ], [ 'cz', 'ces', 'cze' => 'Czech' ], [ 'de', 'deu', 'ger' => 'German' ], ...etc So, any of the following would then return ...

Multi-Language / special characters / Diacritics Support
Hi everybody who wants to get letters such as (such as å à á â ã æ â ä ā ą ạ or ǎ) I just wanted to publicise the fact that I have just released a new version (2.9) of Zombie Keys, and I would like to invite you all to test drive it: It makes it easy to type non-english diacritics by using easy to remember keyboard shortcuts or the mouse. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/zombie-keys/ Zombie Keys supports macron, ogonec and most other diacritics. I have written it specific for this purpose (writing special language charac...

Best way to localized applications in .NET 2.0? #2
Hi,I would like to ask you what is the best way to localize applications in .NET 2.0 and how Microsoft do it in Vista?cyberjoe Hello, Try out this article on localization in ASP.NET 2.0: http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/localization.asp It should work on Vista as code is based on .NET 2.0 and Vista comes with f/w version 3.0 which is basically a wrapper around 2.0. HTH, VivekSocial Networking Platform in ASP.NET || Join now: CodeASP.NET Community Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer". Hi, I cannot say which one is the best Personally I perefer t...

MySQLDirect .NET with .NET Framework 2.0 support Released!
Core Lab team is glad to announce a release of the new MySQLDirect .NET Data Provider version 2.70. 100% managed MySQLDirect .NET is a full-featured .NET data provider for direct access to MySQL server for the Microsoft ..NET Framework and .NET Compact Framework. MySQLDirect .NET 2.70 offers you new features: - Support for .NET Framework 2.0 added - Support for Visual Studio .NET 2005 Beta 1 - ADO.NET 2 features supported - Support for metadata schemas - The Base-Class-Based provider model used - Connection pooling enhancements functionality added,...

Does Sybase ADO.NET 2 driver support .NET GC?
Hi, In my codes, I already try my best to close and dispose all reader object, command object and AESConnection object (Only close in this object as I use connection pool mode). However, from the task manager, I still figure out the program suffers from a little memory leak, memory usage does not return to the original level. Does the ADO.NET 2 driver support garbage collection? Please kindly advise. Thanks a lot, Raymond ...

(if a language dont have native support ;how can we localize website to that language)
Hi all if a language dont have native support from .NET  ;how can we localize website to that language i am looking to localize my website in a particular language but for that language i got  a locid only  (please see the previous post). regards anee CultureAndRegionInfoBuilder http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms172469.aspx    ...

NCache 2.0 Released (supports .Net 2.0 framework)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEJanuary 20, 2006 Media contact:Iqbal M. Khan  Director Sales and Marketing AlachiSoftUS Toll Free: 1-(800) 253-8195Intl: 1-(925) 236-3830Fax: 1-(925) 886-2417iqbal@alachisoft.com NCache 2.0 Released (supports .Net 2.0 framework) Boosts app performance thru Clustered Object Caching & Clustered ASP.NET Sessions San Ramon, California – January 20th, 2006 - AlachiSoft is pleased to announce the immediate availability of NCache™ 2.0. NCache is a high performance in-memory object caching solution for mission critical .NET applications with real-time data acces...

Language Support #2
Name: Nugzar Papuashvili Email: melomaniatinboxdotru Product: Firefox Summary: Language Support Comments: Hello Admins of Firefox!! First of all i wanna tell you that I'm your user :)) Now about Job I wanna offer you translate Browser into georgian Language If you are interested contact mi via e-mail Best Regards, Nugzar Papuashvili Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14;MEGAUPLOAD 1.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Multy language support
hi is there any way to convert language from english to other some languages more in my web application. The party needs to convert the language automatically to some language such as spanish, french, porchugese etc. How can i do it, please give any idea. please help me urgent this will help you http://www.microsofttranslator.com/tools/#dev you may also search for google translation api if you are having a good amount of text in your web application then go for these options Ajay Pathak MVP All About ASP.net  You need use globalization and localization, refer below l...

Web resources about - multy language support #2 - asp.net.localization

Language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Language is the human capacity for acquiring and using complex systems of communication , and a language is any specific example of such a system. ...

The Eero Programming Language
Interesting new programming language from Andy Arvanitis: Eero is a fully binary- and header-compatible dialect of Objective-C, implemented ...

Apple WatchOS 2.1 arrives with new language support and bug fixes
... Capitan 10.11.2, WatchOS 2.1 has landed for the Apple Watch. Most notably, the update offers a number of bug fixes and support for more languages. ...

Fox News Suspends Two Pundits For 'Inappropriate' On-Air Language
Earlier today C&L, MMFA and many others posted stories on the profane type language that two Fox News pundits used in attacking president Obama's ...

watchOS 2.1 is out with lots of language support and bug fixes
... watchOS 2.0.1 was made available to the public and contains a number of bug fixes and performance improvements to go with expanded system language ...

Alibaba’s Jack Ma Teams Up With Tencent And Huayi Bros To Develop And Finance English Language Films
... Ma , internet giant Tencent and China’s leading private film company Huayi Bros . are teaming up to develop, produce and finance English language ...

Does Language Matter in War on ISIS?
Should we use the term Islamic terrorism? Experts are divided.

IBM Focused on 3 Major Languages: Java, Node.js and Swift
As Swift has come on strong for mobile app dev, IBM has committed to three primary programming platforms: Java, Node.js and Swift.

Netherlands museum removing 'offensive' language from online collection
Netherlands museum removing 'offensive' language from online collection