Multi-language site in a smart way?

Mjello there,

I'm working on making my website in  two languages, Danish (da-dk) and English (en-us) with resource files etc.
And that actually working, I'm using master pages, and there for I catch the language in a cookie and set it from there.

But then I thought, search engines cannot read the site in both languages then :/

So I'm looking for a way that will be smart for everyone.
I have seen some sites (inclusive msdn) uses www.mysite.com/da-dk/page.aspx and www.mysite.com/en-us/page.aspx - The same pages, but in different languages..
Is there a smart way to make this, so i maybe or virtual sites or something, it would be very exacting to create the whole site twice?

 - Hope you understand my problem..
Best regards Jeppe Richardt..

----------------
Regards,
Jeppe Richardt
0
jeppe_r
5/2/2009 2:40:38 PM
asp.net.localization 2171 articles. 0 followers. Follow

My first thought is that these websites use URL rewriting with a httpmodule. I can't imagine that these websites have all their pages twice (or more).

I think the httpmodule works as follows:

1) parse the url

2) check if there is a country/language code

3) set the culture according to this country/language code

4) remove the country/language code from the url.

http://www.istruction.nl
0
Heleboel

best way to make a multi language localized website
Hi: I have been looking at several modules on snowcovered and other DNN sites to get an idea of how to localize a website. Basically I will be creating a website in spanish and will need versions in english and portuguese. Architecturally I have seen suggestions to create a subportal for each language and then have links to those subportals for people to select their languages...that seems like it would be localized by hand...are any of the tools "out there" robust enough to attempt more of a "dynamic localization"? If you have localized a website I would like to hear how you did it...

Multi-lingual (Multi-language) web site
Hi, Friends, I am working on a web site which will provide support in different countries. So on the basis of selected country, i want to change the language for example, English, Chinesse, etc. may you provide any link to provide some guidelines. with regards, Sachin GuptaSachin GuptaSoftware Engineer Hi, Most of the Starter Kit detect the incoming client language and then set it as the CurrentCulture per app request. e.g. Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture(Context.Request.UserLanguages(0)) Regards,...

Multi-lingual (Multi-language) web site ,help me!!!!
hi,everybody! i am a new hand for asp.net. now i have some problems need your help. i am trying to web pages in different languages based on user selection. i have made .resource files with resgen.exe. and .dll with al.exe. and i use a thread to monitor what language user use as follows, Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture (Context.Request.UserLanguages(0)) . and i modify the web.config as follows, <globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" fileEncoding="utf-8"...

Multi-language site
Hi there I am developing a site that should be available in 2 languages. What is the best way to go about this? Is there a best practice way of building a multi-language site using ASP.NET? Cheers  JDWeb Monkey Here are few links http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/w7x1y988.aspx http://www.codeproject.com/Purgatory/Internationalization.asp http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus/doc/localizingapps.aspxFarooq Kaiser, MCTS, MCPPlease Mark As Answer if my answer helped you.http://www.Fairnet.com I've got experience of developing multi-language sites u...

multi language site
hi friend my problem is that i have a site that it language is nonenglish(persian) is like to develop it to 2 language(persian-english) site how can i do this work and what thing it need(exept forms) and does it need to change the database(sql server 2000)? my site is on the local host and in my pc yet you can use various resources for every language you want and choose the one you want.check this tutorial:http://www.vbdotnetheaven.com/UploadFile/mosessaur/aspnetlocalization02072006035253AM/aspnetlocalization.aspx about the database. I don't know what kind of data you have there....

multi language site
how can i build a multi language site?i want my site load according to user selection.Cyrus sleep peacefully that we are awakesee all you want know about programminghttp://www.swg-co.comhttp://www.bpcyber.com How I've done it previously is to have all the text on the page inside labels, then you can have the alternative translations in a database and lookup all the translations for whatever language is chosen as the page loads (do translations on the "not is postback" condition so translation only happens once).To avoid huge performance hits on the database when the page loads, s...

Multi-language Site
Hi Everybody,     I'd like to make my site a multilingual site.  I wonder how difficult to do this with DNN 3?  I'd like to give the user an option where he or she can pick the language for the site. Does anybody have an example site for this?  I searched the forum but I couldn't find a post which completely answers my question.  I was playing around a little bit with the language pack and it seems that I would have to convert everything to the language I want to use.  I'm not sure I want to do this.  I just want ...

Multi-lingual (Multi-language) web site ,i am chinese,please help me! Sincerely!
hi,everyone! i am chinese,a new hand for asp.net. now i have some problems need help. i am trying to web pages in different languages based on user selection. i have made .resource files with resgen.exe. and .dll with al.exe. and i use a thread to monitor what language user use as follows, Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture(Context.Request.UserLanguages(0)) . and i modify the web.config as follows, <globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" ...

Multi-language web site
How it possible to create a web site with DNN with a multi-language content, example a country flag to select the language and automatically update the menu and the page content in the correct languageThank youPhilippe...

What is the best way for multy languages
I've build a website.The site is ready, but now i need to display more languages.So i've made 3 buttons, each button is for a language.First i thought, i do it with the viewstate, but right then you don't have a different link for every page, that is not nice for google. So there should be another way.I think you should give a language with in the URL like: default.aspx?id=1&language=EN Then you check in the code if ht had the EN language, and then show the right item.But, there is a prolbem... The url can be: default.aspx   or just the domain name.What is...

multi language site #2
hi frind my problem is that i have a site that it languge is nonenglish(persian or farsi) and it is on local host on my pc id like to develop it to 2language iste(persian-english) how can i do this work and what thing it need(exept forms) and does it nedd to change the tableor other thing in my data base(sql server 2000) my site is writen be by asp.net 2005(c#) please help me   Hi, you might be interested in taking a look at this tutorial video: http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/view.aspx?tabid=63&id=40. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers...

Localized in The Language not with Microsoft net
Some languages are there which is not built in with microsoft.net like Sindhi, Pashot and many others. When we want to localize in these languages. How can we do it? Hi, so far Microsoft supports the main languages encoding,  search for the parent languages of Sindhi, Pashot , they should contain the encoding required to present this sub languages. of store in general unicode format. check http://unicode.org/ for furthure detailsRabeeh AblaSoftware ArchitectGlobalVisionCheck my blog: http://weblogs.asp.net/rabeehabla/P.S: For answers that satisfy your question goal, you ma...

multi language site #3
hi i need to use the facility of multi language site i mean that the user can switch between many language at any time from where dii startGHS See How to build Multi-Language Web Sites with ASP.NET 2.0 and VS.Net 2005If this post was useful to you, please mark it as answer. Thank you! Hi,Refer this article for localization:http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/localizationByVivekTakur.aspxHope this helps,Vivek Social Networking Platform in ASP.NET || Join now: CodeASP.NET Community Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer"....

multi-language site foundations
Is anybody running multiple languages on their websites? I'm exploring using a database to hold the text content in different languages and call it based on a session variable, but I don't much like this because of the inline html in so much of the text.   I could have a root directory for the site in English and then duplicate it in a "Spanish" subfolder.  I don't like this because I have to duplicate all of my images on the server.   I'm leaning toward creating a dup of every file in the site and begin every filename with "sp_".  Then have a session variable th...

Web resources about - Multi-language site in a smart way? - asp.net.localization

"Let It Go" Full Sequence Multi-Language // 43 Versions - YouTube
Here's a full multi-language of Let It Go in every single official version produced. ~~~~~ for the love of Starbucks, please use HD for A LOT ...

Multi-language support in Google Now delayed until summer
Google is now delaying support for seamlessly switching between languages on the fly with its Google Now search. Originally planned for a roll-out ...

VIDEO: Go Behind-the-Mic of Disney's 'Let It Go' Multi-Language Version
Today, the animation studio shared a video of the talented performers who voiced Elsa in that moving footage. Get a behind-the-mic- look below! ...

​¿Que pasa? Google Now adds true multi-language support
Google's personal assistant can understand you as you switch from your native tongue to a second or even third language, a milestone more difficult ...

Couchbase 2.0 Multi-Language SDKs
Version 2.0 SDKs for C, Java, .NET, Node, PHP, Python, and Ruby

InApp Translator is simple solution to multi-language communication on mobile
Inapp Translator is a new app for Android devices that allows users to translate foreign languages without closing your active application. It’s ...

Install More Dictionaries to Chrome for Multi-Language Spell Checking
If you're working with multiple languages in Chrome, it can be very helpful to have your spelling checked in those languages. Weblog Ghacks has ...

China's Baidu Is Working on a Multi-language Search Platform
Chinese search engine Baidu is working on a multi-language platform for markets outside China, senior vice president Shen Haoyu said on Thursday. ...

Pebble update: multi-language, full Android notifications
The past few months have seen a flurry of new entries into the smartwatch market, with fancy shapes, faces, and colored screens. But one of the ...