Localization After Deployment for Website Project

I have a specific requirement for my application. My customer needs localization of the application to an extend, the resource (.resx) files are just translated and copied into App_GlobalResources folder. Based on the resource (.resx) files available the users shall be able to pick up the language setting from a dropdown list while they configure their profile in the application. The application is a website project and not a web application (WAP). It is a nice feature and good have it in the application. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0
JyothishGeorge
4/16/2007 11:04:24 PM
asp.net.localization 2171 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Look at http://www.guysmithferrier.com/ and in particular at Guy Smith's book ISBN 0321341384 this book was approved by the Microsoft Globalisation Team.

The book is available online at Safari books at http://safari.oreilly.com/0321341384

It also helps that you appear to be using ASP.NET 2.0/VS2005.

TATWORTH

How to deploy .net project via 'copy project' in Visual Studio from your local machine to your web development server
Hi ,My IT Director has resigned and I am stuck in the middle of doing his all tasks. For safety reason we removed all functionalities from the developers to deploy any project and only given to IT director. He refuse to help me as he is having problem with the management. I have got a video tutorial for deplying project but not very helpful.Would any body kindly describe the steps required to setup a .net project or any tutorial can be recommended. I have setup website in IIS and pressing 'Copy Project' button in visual studio .net. The dialog box comes and ask me destination project folder ...

VS2005
I have brought a second programmer onto my website development team - both work remotely. The first programmer has been working on the project in VS2005 for nearly 2 years and has passed a copy of the source code to the second programmer and advised that it will only Build properly (ie without errors) if put together as a website project as opposed to a web application. The second programmer is also using VS2005 and has reported that Visual Studio doesn't give him the option of a website project template only web application or website deployment project. So he is using the website dep...

Will Web Deployment Projects and/or Web Application Projects be localized to Spanish ?
I'm getting reports that there's difficulties installing the English language version of WDP over the spanish language version of VS 2005.1. Will WDP and/or WAP be localized to spanish ?2. Can WDP in english be installed over a spanish language VS 2005 ?Thanks!Juan T. Llibreasp.net faqforos de asp.net, en español...

How to image local-to-local
I tried using a couple different Cool Tip articles about zen imaging to USB drives, but am still having problems. I want to store the c:\ drive onto a different partition on the same hard drive. Here's the scenario: 40Gig drive: 20Gig windows partition 10Gig ext2-formatted partition (10gig unused) I mounted the 10Gig partition, then went into the IMG tool and tried to save the c:\drive image to it but it bombs out almost immediately with "Out of space on destination", even though I know that the resulting zmg file will be far less than 10Gig. Please tell me ...

How to Deploy database from local machine to separate local machine?
I have been developing a database in SQL Server 2008 on my local machine. It needs to be set up for production use on another local computer at a separate location. How do I do this?  Hi,headmax Refer This for that http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/050907-1.aspxRAGHAV MVP ASP/ASP.Net Read My Blog MARK THE POST AS ANSWER IF IT HELPS U. "Success doesn't come to you…you go to it."--Marva Collins "Success does not come to those who wait . . . and it does not wait for anyone to come to it." Anonymous Hi, this might be of interest to you: SQL Serv...

Locally deployed website, not working at all
I published the website that has been working fine in the IDE for months, and I did everything like they said, but it refuses to work.  I keep getting this cryptic error...it seems to be just choking on the first line as if it doesn't know what ASP is?  Please help...newbie is lost. The page cannot be displayed There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. Please try the following: Click the Refresh button, or try again later. Open the 0) && (window.navigator.appVersion.charAt(0) == "2"))) ...

Deploying a website on Local IIS
Hi,  We have just now started making websites in vs.net 2005. But we are facing some problem while deploying website When we debug the application it takes http://localhost:2026/webapp but we want it should run on http://localhost/webapp  For testing i in property pages of project in startup option in server tab i checked custom server and typed http://localhost/webapp in that case it gives following error An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the defa...

Local report error in deployment project
I have a asp.net project. it is ok when in desgined time, but if I deploy it to a deployment project, it is ok for general web form, but if fail with loocal report:  An error occurred during local report processing.The definition of the report 'Main Report' is invalid.The report definition is not valid. Details: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. I must copy all the .rdl file to the deployment folder. But I think it is not the way which deployment projet do.   How can I do?...

Local Resources and Web Deployment Project
Hey, I am trying to create a dll for use in a website using the web deployment project but am having no luck with the local resources of my website. When I view the website that I am using the dll from I get the following error: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.  Make sure "ucSearchResults.ascx.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "App_LocalResources.event.cdcab7d2.jml4mn1l" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed. I have a user...

localize.mozilla.org: Firefox Cup still a project in localize.mozilla.org
As far as I know, the football championship 2010 has ended on 11/07. If somebody missed it, Spain is the champion, beating Netherlands 1:0 a.e.t. Would it not make sense to retire it? Or to cloak it some way? TiA smo PS: SL version was 100% by the time it was needed. the contents have grown since to hard-to-understand 38206 words ("that need your attention", status 0% completed), As far as I can see, changes involve Add-ons and thats where they belong. Thanks, Vito. We are investigating it and will report back with a fix soon. smo wrote: > As far as I k...

XMLHttp requests work locally but not when deployed to website
Website with XMLHttp requests works locally but not when deployed to Website==================================Can someone please help with what I hope is a common problem! (I’m new to .net).I have a simple website generated by Visual studio 2005 .NETIt has a custom Http handler because I need to poll my website and update the browser page every few seconds.I have developed the project locally and everything is working FINE!However … when I publish to my Website instead of getting my polled data into the browser (Internet Explorer) I get the handler HTML data ie the .aspx page HTML!After...

Error while deploying website
Configuration Error Server Error in '/WebSites' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.Source Error: Line 15: <assemblies&g...

Deploy my website to port 80 in my local IIS?
In my window 2003 server ,can you tell me which port should I deploy my website to my local IIS?  After I installed sharepoint when I deploy my website to local IIS ,it seems that I can only deploy to administration folder whose port number is 8089, is there possibility for me to deploy my website to port 80 and how?   Thanks You may add an additional IP in your network controller, and select that IP in IIS properties of the website.If e.g. IP 192.168.0.100 is the IP of your server and port 80 is being used you can add 192.168.0.101 and select this IP in your website. Though...

Copy VS.NET project from Local computer to webserver
Hello I have created and tested a VS.NET project on my Local computer. Its asp.net c# webpage and now I want to test it on my webserver. Is there any configuration that has to be made in IIS on the server? Which files are the common files you upload... I suppose the page workes with just the .aspx files and the .dll... But how about future editing. Is it common that you save the .aspx.cs files on the server too? Is there any way to upload all needed files from VS.NET 2003? This is the first time im not only gonna use my project on my local computer so Im not sure what to ...

Web resources about - Localization After Deployment for Website Project - asp.net.localization

Internationalization and localization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the term in economics, see Internationalization . For Windows -specified term, see Multilingual User Interface . For other uses, see Localization ...

Facebook career postings: monetization, partner development, advertising counsel, platform policy, localization ...
... Engineer, Memcache Task Force (Seattle – Menlo Park) Software Engineer, Security Infrastructure (London) Executive Assistant (London) Localization ...

faroo_p2p: FAROO iPad / iPhone App updated: http://bit.ly/gtslEB Chinese localization: UI, Sources, Sina ...
faroo_p2p: FAROO iPad / iPhone App updated: http://bit.ly/gtslEB Chinese localization: UI, Sources, Sina Weibo (Twitter like) #App #iPad #iPhone ...

Fantastical adds Mail-like multitasking drafts to iPhone, Japanese localization
... new draft feature is currently only on the iPhone and iPod touch. In addition to its new draft feature, Fantastical 2.4 also adds full localization ...

Checking Into Foursquare? Yahoo's CFO Talks About Next Mobile M&A Including Importance of "Localization." ...
... “to help basically accelerate our progress … and continue to see the velocity of products in the mobile space.” Of most interest “localization ...

Hill Climb Racing Gets A New Car, A New Level And Improved Localization
... to race along sandy shores and to cruise up and down sand dunes in spectacular fashion. Hill Climb Racing. The game also includes localization ...

Internationalization and Localization - Apple Developer
Find resources that will help you prepare your iOS app and Mac app for the internationalization and localization process.

Expect faster adoption and more localization in a cloudy 2016
The growing maturity of the cloud has been one of the major trends of the past year and this is something that looks set to continue into next ...

Going Global by Going Local: Why localization improves engagement
... world, placing reliance on one prevailing strategy is just the beginning. In any web strategy, including social and also mobile media, localization ...

Obama pushes for net neutrality, opposes data localization in trade pact
President Barack Obama's administration is pushing two potentially controversial Internet policies in a secretive trade pact, with trade negotiators ...