country selected vs language selected

Hi,

looking for suggestions on how to handle the following with 2.0.

in some cases, sites would be required to switch between countries and independantly, switch the language. For instance; a US english site would be presenting items available only in the US, but a user might wish to have a separate control to switch the language to spanish or whatever. Therefore, users may change countries to see what products are available in that country, but may wish to change the language while in the country specific site. Hope that makes sense.

any feedback is appreciated.

0
patsat
1/10/2006 5:06:55 PM
asp.net.localization 2171 articles. 0 followers. Follow

See if the following article is of any help on this matter:

http://www.ondotnet.com/pub/a/dotnet/2005/08/08/localizingaspnet20.html

0
jcasp

SELECT from SELECT
Hi! I remember seeing an example where you can do a select from a nested select, but I cannot seem to make it work. So it would be something like this: select max( name ) from ( select name from customer union select name from vendor ) Was I dreaming I saw that? Thanks! D In article <4500243f@forums-2-dub>, daniel_AT_infrontsoftware_DOT_com@N0SPAM.com says... > Hi! > > I remember seeing an example where you can do a select from a nested > select, but I cannot seem to make it work. No, you weren't. Try (UNTESTED!) adding a...

Select into vs. insert ... select ...
Hello, I am using temp tables to generate a report. I created most of the temp tables and then use insert select. I found for one that when I use insert select I get a different query plan that if I use select into. The select into get a much better performance. The problem is I get dead lock on the statement. Is there anything I can do to change this behavior? Thanks, Josh Manfred SELECT INTO #temp is a non-logged operation. This can provide a performance increase. However, one downside is that you may end up with a lot of contention on system tables. (I didn...

select into vs insert/select
I am looking for ways to speed up a procedure, which as a part of an overnight processing is called about 3000 times. The procedure begins by inserting about 20 rows into a temp table created outside of the proc. I thought that this may be better done by a select into statement because it is minimally logged etc. I am running the two versions of the statement (insert/select and select into) 2700 times on a quiet server and it seems that the insert/select is a bit faster, a second or two. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Is it my assumption about select into being fas...

SELECT * vs. SELECT 1
I have always understood that when using the WHERE EXISTS clause, one codes it as WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM .....). Lately, I've been told that performance is better if the it's coded as ...(SELECT 1 FROM ...) (or SELECT '' .. - that is, to select some literal). Everything I've read says that SELECT * is used with EXISTS because there's no result set returned - it only evaluates into true or false. I'm now curious - is there an advantage to writing SELECT 1 instead of SELECT * with EXISTS? If so, how much of an advantage, & why do all of the SQL b...

Why is the select saying selected after an item is selected?
This was a whitelisting issue due to a software upgrade at hostgator..  Nothing wrong with my code..Scot King SEO Software Tool | Search Engine Optimization"Get your page rank high"  huh? It is smart to put your question in the body and not just in the title. Have no idea what your question is or if it even a question.Eric Pascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn use thisddl.options[ddl.selectedIndex].selected = false; //Clear the selection ddl.options[1].selected = trueMAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP ASP/ASP.NetASP.Net Hosting : Host DepotMy Sit...

on selecting country from one dropdownlist ...states of selected country is not getting populated in second dropdownlist
 hi iam having a dropdownlist which loads the country names on page load....my problem is wen i select india the corresponding states are not coming in another dropdownlist my code isi have two tablescountryname:countryid identity,countrynamestatename:stateid identity,statename SqlConnection cn = new SqlConnection(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["con"].ToString());       protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)    {                   &...

select * vs select field, which one is faster ?
Suppose we have a table of 50 fields, which command should we use to take the result faster : SELECT * FROM Employee SELECT employee.id, employee.name FROM Employee Thanks for help. -- Best regards, Ridwan Goldbase Technology Visit our Homepage : http://www.geocities.com/Wallstreet/Floor/5251/index.html http://members.tripod.com/~goldbase http://members.xoom.com/goldbase * Check out the Y2K (Year 2000 Problems - Millenium Bugs) The second one. In that case, only data for two columns is retrieved. -- - Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, T...

ddl Selected Index vs Selected Value
Obviously I'm missing something...in all my debugging I find that when trying to set the selectedindex to my dropdownlist that all previous logic goes out the window! In standard VB, setting the selectedindex meant referring to it's option value. What I find now is there is a distinct index array collection not based on the listitem value. To summarize, I have a datagrid with template column that contains a read-only textbox for it's Item Template and a dynamic dropdownlist for it's Edit Item Template. When the edit hyperlink command is clicked, I grab the text value from the textbox a...

Direct Select Vs select from host variables
Hi all Question regarding what is bad regarding a select statement. I am using a stored procedure for this: Table contains 15 columns 1. select all 15 columns in a select statement select column1, column2 ..... from tablename 2. declare @column1 , @column 2 .... select @column1 = column1, @column2 = column2 ... from table select @column1, @column2 .... The reason is because, i need to pass one or more column values to another stored procedure for some access control validations. If I have access, then proceed with select. Which is not good and why? Thanx i...

Bug in SELECT from SELECT ?
I have a table intwb_items CREATE TABLE intwb_items ( wb_id integer not null, prod_id integer not null, qty numeric(12,5) not null, primary key(wb_id, prod_id) ) How can I obtain sum of 10 greatest "qty"? I tried to execute query: SELECT sum(qty) FROM ( SELECT top 10 qty FROM intwb_items ORDER BY qty DESC )as tmp But it raise error: "Syntax error or access violation: near 'ORDER' in ... FROM intwb_items [ORDER]" The same query but without "ORDER BY" works perfectly, but "TOP N" without "ORDE...

select in the select statement
Hi, I am trying to add another select statement in my original/outer/overall select statement. Something like: Select 1, 2, 3 = (Select # from Table1 Where....) From Table 2 Where.... Does anyone know the standard way to write this or is there any other alternative that can perform the same behavior. Much thanks!! Kenny That's database dependent. In oracle you would use: select A.* from ( select * from mytable) A -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase "Kenny Tran" <...

SELECT . FROM ( SELECT .. FROM )
Hi, In application we generate very effective SQL statements that are understandable by MS SQL Server and Oracle but give syntax errors on Sybase. I am talking about SELECT . FROM ( SELECT .. FROM a_table). For example: select 1 from (select abc_id from abc) or select 1 from (select abc_id from abc union all select abc_id from bcd) Is there any way to overcome this limitation? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Leonid Borisov Tefensoft On Wed, 15 May 2002 02:09:52 -0700, Leonid Borisov wrote: > Hi, > > > >...

Select option selection
I'm created a gridview of websites, in one column, and use the gridview's 'selection' featue in the next column. When I click the 'selection' link I tried to get the website by using: Dim key As String = grvPrivacy.Rows(e.RowIndex).Cells(1).Text but it said it was not part of the webcontrol for selection. How do I get cell so that I can read it? thanks   Looks like your grabbing the select option and not the first cell  try  Dim key As String = grvPrivacy.Rows(e.RowIndex).Cells(0).TextwerD, MCSD VB.Net Hi, gmcghee: There are several ways...

insert select and select into
Hello, I am using temp tables to generate a report. I created most of the temp tables and then use insert select. I found for one, when I use insert select, I get a different query plan than if I use select into. The select into get a much better performance. The problem is I get dead locks on the statement. Is there anything I can do to change this behavior? Thanks, Josh Manfred ...

Web resources about - country selected vs language selected - asp.net.localization

Portal:Bollywood/Selected biography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Write three or four paragraphs in the text field using information from the selected notable article, you may find it useful to examine the existing ...

F8: Facebook’s FbStart Initiative Will Give Selected Developers A $30K Kick-Start
... successful applications is likely a whole lot easier with $30,000 in free tools and services to start off with, and that’s exactly what selected ...

LEGO Shop - The LEGO Technic team has selected the winner... - Facebook
The LEGO Technic team has selected the winner of the Co-Creation Challenge! LEGO will be producing a limited run of 20,000 of this stunning set.... ...

Grand Doctor Ma Selected Students-baby365 on the App Store on iTunes
Get Grand Doctor Ma Selected Students-baby365 on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Selected Cheney Vice Presidential Photographs
... for photos found within these albums are Paul Morse, Karen Ballard, Kimberlee Hewitt, Shealah Craighead, and Chris Greenberg. These selected ...

[iOS Advice] How To Clarify Your Email Replies By Quoting Selected Text - YouTube
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macmixing Like my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/macmixing RATE, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE! :-) ...

UAE Under-19 cricketers for ACC Premier League tour of Malaysia selected - The National
Coach Aaqib Javed seeking fresh blood for senior team after missing out on World Twenty20

Animal of the Day: Lucius Has Been Selected as the U.K.’s ‘Happiest Cat’
He’s got one blue eye, one green eye and a heart of gold. British mobile phone company O2 recently held some “cat auditions” to find “the UK’s ...

Australian director Sue Brooks 'gobsmacked' as Looking for Grace selected for Venice Film Festival competition ...
... filmmaker Sue Brooks says she is "gobsmacked". Her drama Looking For Grace , shot in the Western Australian wheat belt, has been selected for ...

Three Canberra products selected in AFL state combines
Belconnen junior Chris Jansen has been selected in South Australia's state AFL combine.