Accented characters not saving correctly in database.

Hi there,

We are using a .NET content management system called Ektron.

There is a control within the content management system that stores a Rating and Comment about a piece of content.The problem is that the comment does not save Accented characters correctly, eg - á é í ú ó etc

I've found the table in the database, and if I write to it directly the correct value is stored - the field is of nvarchar data type so there shouldn't be a problem.

Where along the way could the ASP.NET application / IIS not be recognising the character correctly?

Thanks for any help

0
joker77
5/1/2009 10:59:58 AM
asp.net.localization 2171 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Please check the following code block to insert unicode data:
SqlConnection sqlConnection = myconnString;
string command = "Insert into Table(YourColumnName) values(@YourParameter)";
SqlParameter YourParam = new SqlParameter("@YourParameter", SqlDBType.NVarchar,300);
YourParam.Value = "YourNVarcharValue";
SqlCommand sqlCommand = new SqlCommand(command, sqlConnection);
sqlCommand.Parameters.Add(YourParam);
sqlConnection.Open();
sqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery();

Om Prakash
0
om_prakashp

Local Database for .net Application
Hello, i mainly develop .net Web-Applications. Now i have to implement a client-side application in C#. We have a  database with quite complex structured data on our Online-Webserver. On this webserver a MSSQL 2005 Server is running and the Webapplications connect to that database. Now i need to develop a program which is running on the client and that need to provide a part of the same functionality  in case the internet connection is breaking.  Is it possible to integrate a miniverson of mssqlserver in the clientapplication? Or do  i have to save the ...

Save file locally from database
In my project i have a XML-file in a database as byte array. I want the users to be able to "download / save as" this file by clicking a button. Whats the best way? I dont want to save the file in webserver first and then download the file, but if this is the only way give me some hints there to...leifosor------------------------------------------------Please use "Mark as Answer" on helping posts. You will get points for marking, and also the person who helped you get points. use Response.BinaryWrite(byte[] buffer)...

Saving Unicode characters to database
Hi, I'm currently using PB 6.0, and wandering if I could save Unicode characters into database. I have a software called TwinBridge ChinesePartner to produce the Unicode characters, and able to 'send' those characters to my application. The problem is I unable to save it to database, I was thinking to save it in forms of long binary data-type, but unfortunately toUnicode(..) function only available in PB for Unicode, any smart ideas ? Many thanks in advance. Cheers, Irwan Irwan Sutanto wrote: > Hi, > > I'm currently using PB 6.0, and wande...

Textbox only saves first character to database
I'm trying to build a module with a standard dnn texteditor.I register it with:<%@ register  TagPredix="dnn" Tagname="Texteditor" Src="~/controls/TextEditor.ascx"%>And then implement it with something like:<dnn:texteditor id="teSomeid" runat="server" width="440" height="150"></dnn:texteditor>In the codebehind I call it like this:SomeInfoObject.SomeInfoField = teSomeid.textAnd then the add or update passes it to the database.Now when for example I type in "Some text"It will only save "S" to the database.Anyone knows what I am doing wrong. All other modules (Text/HM...

how many char for a chinese character saving in database
Hi, In a ASA 7.01. it the encoding is set to UTF8, how may char for a chinese character saving in database Thanks, Penny Generally, it takes 3 bytes of UTF8 to encode a Chinese character. Characters from UCS4 range 0x10000 to 0x10ffff (which take 4 bytes to encode in UTF16 and cannot be encoded in UCS2) will take 4 bytes to encode in UTF8; however, these characters are used infrequently. -john. Penny wrote: > Hi, > In a ASA 7.01. it the encoding is set to UTF8, how may char for a > chinese character saving in database > > Thanks, ...

Problem with accented characters in a UTF8 ASA database
Hi, We have a multilingual windows application that uses an ASA 8.02 database. The Charset and collations used for this database are UTF8 [I cannot use 1252DEU since we would still have to handle other non latin characters also]. The database is created as case insensitive, the problem is this 'case insensitiveness' is currently bein applied only to the non-accented alphabets. i.e "U" and "u" are treated equal but "=dc" and "=fc" are treated to be non-matching characters in UTF8 collation. In order to achieve the same I tri...

character sets ( accented characters )
On jaguar, my pb NVO has datawindow object who will send me html form with accented characters ( in french). I can't get my accented characters on my web page correctly. What and where I have to setup to have my accented characters ? Thank you in advanced ...

Unable to Save/Display Chinese characters from database
I have a page with a lable lblName, a Text box:txtName and a submit button. User types in Chinese text and saves the text box content into a table by clicking on the submit button. A second page retrieves the data from table and displays on a web page. The page can't display the text in Chinese. I save the .aspx file with save with encoding-->utf-8 encoding with signature code page 65001. Label lblName in first page is in Chinese and is hard coded and it displays fine but data retrieves from the table is not. Can anyone help? I am pretty new to .net and this seems like a stupid que...

Saving special characters to Oracle 7.3 database
In my application, I have an updateable datawindow column with the edit style that can be used to store possible Spanish words and phrases. The application updates to an Oracle 7.3 database using the native Oracle drivers. Anyway, right now my client PC uses the standard US English keyboard so, for example, typing Alt 164 will produce a tilde n character : �. It displays this way in the datawindow when typed. When I go to save, however, and then reretrieve, the character that comes back in the datawindow display is a ? (question mark). Similarly, if I type Alt 130, I display ...

Saving special characters to Oracle 7.3 database
In my application, I have an updateable datawindow column with the edit style that can be used to store possible Spanish words and phrases. The application updates to an Oracle 7.3 database using the native Oracle drivers. Anyway, right now my client PC uses the standard US English keyboard so for example typing Alt 164 will produce a tilde n character : �. It displays this way in the datawindow when typed. When I go to save, however, and then reretrieve, the character that comes back in the datawindow display is a ? (question mark). Similarly, if I type Alt 130, I display the acc...

Open file from database (BLOB) without doing a local save?
Does anyone know if it's possible to open a filed stored in the db (blob) without saving it to a local folder first? A way of streaming the blob content to the appropiate program.. The best solution would be to only supply a file extension of the 'stream' and then let the OS determine which program to use to open it. Hi, not sure if that is a possibility for you but I'm using the objectdata atribute of an OLE control to avoid temporary files and dealing with file extensions: ==== ocx -> db ==== lblb_oleData = this.ole_prev.objectData updateBlo...

saving .net DateTime to sql database using Stored Procedure...
Hello, I've read many posts on this, but not found any real answers. I have a web method that accepts a DateTime parameter, then writes this value back to a SQL database table.  Sql data type is "datetime" and the column accepts nulls. When the web service is called I get an error, "SqlTypeException: SqlDateTime overflow" or another error of similiar results.When I removed the database call and just write to a label or variable on the page, the web method works fine, but when it saves to the database, the error is thrown. Any ideas on how to handle...

How to save Jap. Characters using StoredProcedure in VB.Net into Oracle
HiHopefully you can help me with this:I am trying save some japanese characters into oracle using vb.net, but the information saved always turn into junks.  The system did not return any errors..I can insert and view the Jap Chars literally in SQL*Plus.. My Vb.Net Code:        Sub saverecord()            Dim cn As New OleDbConnection ("Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Password=Password1;Persist SecurityInfo=True;User ID=user1;Data Source=DEVDB;PLSQLRSet=1;")        ...

Need help on thai characters saved by PB to MSS database
Hi All, I'd like to ask if there is a way of viewing the correct thai characters saved in MSS database. What I currently see in the query analyzer are ascii characters, but if I were to view it in the application compiled using PB, I'm able to see the charcters correctly. Any help will be very much appreciated. Regards, Willie What version PB are you running? PB10 supports unicode On 21 Sep 2005 00:17:32 -0700, in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general <Willie Paredes> wrote: >Hi All, > >I'd like to ask if there is a way of viewing the correct...

Web resources about - Accented characters not saving correctly in database. - asp.net.localization

List of Killzone characters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cpl. Dante Garza is a loyal, optimistic and likable character- an effective team player. A close companion of Sev, the pair have served together ...

Hugh Laurie's next character is another deeply troubled doctor on Hulu's Chance
He rose to mainstream fame as troubled physician Gregory House, now Hugh Laurie is preparing to play another doctor with difficult relationships. ...

Twitter CEO Winks at Change to 140-Character Limit
Twitter might soon let people post tweets that are longer than 140 characters. Extra characters will likely be shoved into expandable cards. ...

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Seems Cool With 10,000 Character Tweets
The big news in the Twittersphere Tuesday was the possibility of Twitter moving way, way beyond its signature 140-character limit. The new rumored ...

Twitter’s rumored character limit increase takes a page out of Facebook’s playbook
... for the popular microblogging service. Dorsey's comments followed a Re/Code report suggesting that Twitter may consider upping its 140-character ...

Star Wars Monopoly Game Getting Female Character After All
Hasbro recently explained that the reason it didn’t include the main character from Star Wars: The Force Awakens in its new Star Wars-themed ...

A new Pokken Tournament character is being teased, and will be announced next week
Nintendo and Bandai Namco have teased that they will be announcing a new playable character on January 15. 新たなバトルポケモンが参戦決定!!1/15(金)に発表します! ...

Why The New Twitter Character Limit Is A Good Thing
In a move widely seen by many as controversial and damaging, Jack Dorsey revealed plans to increase the Twitter character limit from 140 to up ...

Analysts wary of more characters at Twitter
The messaging platform could bust the limit on tweet sizes in a move to make users stay on the site

Beautiful Calvin And Hobbes Style Star Wars Characters
NOTE: One of the comics contains a Force Awakens spoiler in case you haven't seen the movie yet. You can see that one HERE . I was shocked. This ...