Using .NET assembly through COM using cominterop

I have a .NET assembly that I call through COM in a classic ASP application using Cominterop.  It used to work fine, however, it's been some time and I've had to make a change and recompile it.  Unfortunately for me, I can't remember how I registered the thing to tell COM how to instantiate it, i.e running regsvr32 and passing the dll returns and error.  I have a .tlb file but I can't remember if I can use that to register the dll??  Hey it's been one busy couple of months!

Need help.

0
AlexB1318
5/31/2005 11:31:22 PM
asp.net.integration 1945 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You could try PInvoke(platform Invoke) solution in this post.  Hope this helps.

http://forums.asp.net/939602/ShowPost.aspx
Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
0
Caddre

How to use net use?
Please can any one tell me how to use the dos command net use properly? I have read the help but can't seem to get it to work. Keep getting sytax error message. Thanks in advance. "Beowulf" <who-knows@no-one.com> wrote in message news:9krutk$puu$1@news.grc.com... > Please can any one tell me how to use the dos command net use properly? > > I have read the help but can't seem to get it to work. Keep getting sytax > error message. what are you trying to do? There are about 50 options to "net use" that do a ton of different thin...

Using Dot Net Nuke to maintain a site developed in VS.NET using C#
Hi,Does anyone know if there is a way to create a site using C# and Visual Studio.NET 2003, but then use Dot Net Nuke to allow non-technical users to add content to the site.  The current state of the site must be accessible in both VS.NET and DNN regardless of which application saved it last.  Also preferably I would like the language used to remain C# even when edited by the marketing staff, so that I can still maintain it myself using VS.NET.  Hope you understand what I mean. If this is not possible, I wonder if anyone knows what solution I am after.   Thanks in adv...

How to use HTTP protocol in .Net Remoting? Thanks and Regards,How to use Http protocol in .net Remoting
<>Hi,     <><>How to use HTTP protocol in .Net Remoting ? Is there any specific code bits requires for that ?    I am using TCP protocol it's working but when i change it to  HTTP it throwing an error like "Arugument null exception"<>  Could  anybody give samples for that? Thanks & Regards,Vijay Here is an example of HTTP remoting:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.runtime.remoting.channels.http.httpchannel.aspxCheers,       Kev...

Should i use COM+ transactions or just use normal ADO.NET Transaction? Please advice...
Hello guys -I need some advice...We are now working on an application which will work against a SQL Server database(Base databse)(1000 Independent tables)...When a use selects one table a make a change, we will need to update a series of other databases...like DB2, SQL Server 1, SQL Server 2...Once, Base SQL Server database is updated or a new record, i'm creating the Insert Stmt or Update statement dynamically in the .NET code and executing the ADO.NET transaction to excute...My question is, Is this is good approach? Or should i consider component services? What difference does it make? Tha...

Using a REST API using "Astoria" (with .NET Framework 3.5 and VS.NET 2008 SP1)
Hello! I'm really interested in learning how to work with the new .NET Framework 3.5 and VS.NET 2008 SP1 (still beta). Here is my question: I would like to use a REST API that is not made by me. I'm talking about the REST API of Community Server 2008 (www.communityserver.org). I've got the full specification of the API. They have it well documented and ready to go. It appears to be very easy to use, but... HOW? How to connect the web services with the new .NET 3.5 properly? The full specification can be read here: http://api.communityserver.org. I've successully used...

Cross-Platform .NET Development: Using Mono, Portable.NET, and Microsoft .NET
Interesting book I came across: Cross-Platform .NET Development $49.99 doesn't hurt too much either :) NOTE: Availability: This item has not yet been released. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. It's being released on September 30th, 2004 - one to keep an eye on...www.codingmayhem.com - VB.NET, C#, Silverlight, Javascript, HTML, CSS, T-SQL, MySQL and SQLitewww.headshotgamer.com - Gaming News and Reviews How about this book from Oreilly? Mono: A Developer's Notebook http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/monoadn/...

using .Net assemblies...
hi all iam trying to use an assembly (done in C#).Iam able to use it using WebMatrix. bot it s showig error when used with IIS. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'DevTestTools' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) Source Error: Line 1: <%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %> Line 2: <%@ Import Namespace="DevTestTools" %> Line 3: <script runat=...

Using jQuery
What are the advantages of using ScriptReference to include a jQuery source in my .NET pages as opposed to using the regular <script src='jquery.js'></script> method? Thanks.Ryan One advantage of the ScriptManager is that you can use application relative paths (e.g. ~/scripts/jquery.js).On a related note, if you're writing something that will be public facing, you might consider using Google's free CDN hosted version of jQuery. Encosia - ASP.NET, AJAX, and more.Latest article: How I handle JSON dates returned by ASP.NET AJAX  Thanks for the reply. I act...

Is there a .NET component for use with Authorize.Net?
I am wanting to find a .NET dll for use with real-time online credit card processing with Authorize.net, does anyone know where I can locate one? I do not want to use the MS WinHTTP component. Thanks DotNetCharge - http://www.dotnetcharge.comDotNetNuke Core Architect So, in the Site Settings in DNN 2.1 you can specify a variety of Payment Processors but a quick look at the code makes it look like only paypal is actually supported. Am I missing something. Are there ways to tie into Authorize.net. Specifically I want to do it for membership services.David O'Learywww.EfficionConsulti...

use of vb.net and c#.net

Use of Net Use command to map a drive
--____ETNOBHIDCKMBHAFMGEBY____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Sat, 28 Mar 2008 13:05:52 +0000" I'm trying to find the correct syntax to enable the mapping of a netware = drive from a batch file. We are trying to use a backup utility that logs = into a Windows XP machine remotely, maps the netware drives then backs up = the mapped drives. Finaly it will delete the maps and logout. Has anyone any experience of exactly using the net use command to map a = drive...

Web resources about - Using .NET assembly through COM using cominterop - asp.net.integration