Should i use COM+ transactions or just use normal ADO.NET Transaction? Please advice...

Hello guys -

I need some advice...We are now working on an application which will work against a SQL Server database(Base databse)(1000 Independent tables)...When a use selects one table a make a change, we will need to update a series of other databases...like DB2, SQL Server 1, SQL Server 2...

Once, Base SQL Server database is updated or a new record, i'm creating the Insert Stmt or Update statement dynamically in the .NET code and executing the ADO.NET transaction to excute...

My question is, Is this is good approach? Or should i consider component services? What difference does it make?

Thanks for help!

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life.
0
jackinthebox
6/23/2005 2:13:04 PM
asp.net.integration 1945 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You should use COM+ transaction because you need to do distributed transaction involving multiple databases located in different servers. ADO.NET transaction as I'm aware of for the time being will not support distributed transaction.

0
Thanhq

using System.Transaction (.Net Transaction)
Hi I need to implement  .Net Transaction in my application. I am inserting data in the DB and then calling the Window Scheduler for the scheduling the task based on the values inserted in the database. I need to rollback the data in the DB in case if the scheduler fails . For this can I use the .Net Transcation using the System.Transaction ? If yes, how should I do it (Some example would be good enough as I have never worked with .Net Transaction) . Also if this is not correct how can I implement the requirement ?? This is quite urgent. Please let me know at the earliest.  ...

ADO.NET: Use Database Transactions
 Database transactions are used to control data commitment to databases. For example, in standard account procedures, it is necessary to debit one account and credit another at the same time. Since computers break down on occasion (power outages, network outages, and so on) there is the potential for one record to be updated or added, but not the other. To avoid these situations, transactions are used. Transactions in ADO.NET are, just as in ADO, handled at the database level: your database must support transactions. There are three basic commands ...

Performance cost of using ADO.NET transactions
Hi allI'm in the process of designing data access classes. Each database table has a corresponding data access class, and each table which has a child table will have a List property in its corresponding class. For example, each Address object will have a List<Person> property, which, when accessed, will load the corresponding list of Person objects.Each object will have a save method, which, if there are associated child objects, will save those too. For example, calling Address.Save() will also save any associated Person() objects to the database. I would like to do this in a tra...

A few questions about using MSDTC vs ADO.NET transactions
I have to decided whether or not to use MSDTC transactions or ADO.NET transactions. I was wondering what the benefits of one transaction type is over the other.  Part of the reason I am asking is that in my development environment I have sporadic problems with MSDTC.  For instance, every so often I get the following error: Communication with the underlying transaction manager has failed When this happens I shut the page down and stop the ASP.NET Development Server process.  I then re run my page and in 99% of the cases the problem goes away.  While this has never happen...

In whidbey ado.net 2.0 what do we use for transaction for visual basic
We are trying to do local transactions.I maen we are trying to insert into 14 tables at the same time and we have an n tyier application. How do we use transactions in whidbey using visual basic dot net? do we need sql server 2005 ? and what is the best way to use transactions?(we are lazy we wanna write less code) PS:There are blogs about using the system.transaction namespace.What is it all about? Satılık,Kiralık emlak ilanlari ::How do we use transactions in whidbey using visual basic dot net? Similar to how you do it in .NET 1.0/1.1. And similar to the current way, t...

Using system.transactions to use mulitple tableadapters with transactions
Hi, I found a good tip here on how to use transactions with multiple tableadapters, butttt... (big but) I can't find or get system.transactions .... am I missing a reference.....All I've done so far is type Imports system.transactions at the top of my code-behind file and I get a warning:  Warning    1    Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Transactions' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported e...

How to use net use?
Please can any one tell me how to use the dos command net use properly? I have read the help but can't seem to get it to work. Keep getting sytax error message. Thanks in advance. "Beowulf" <who-knows@no-one.com> wrote in message news:9krutk$puu$1@news.grc.com... > Please can any one tell me how to use the dos command net use properly? > > I have read the help but can't seem to get it to work. Keep getting sytax > error message. what are you trying to do? There are about 50 options to "net use" that do a ton of different thin...

Managing Distributed Transactions with ADO.NET 2.0 using TransactionScope gives error message
 Hi, I am working  on vs2005 with sql server 2000. I  have used TransactionScope class. Example Reference: http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/mosessaur/TransactionScope04142006103850AM/TransactionScope.aspx   The code is given below.  using System.Transactions;   protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)    {  System.Transactions.TransactionOptions transOption = new System.Transactions.TransactionOptions();         transOption.IsolationLevel = System.Transactions.Isol...

Using .NET assembly through COM using cominterop
I have a .NET assembly that I call through COM in a classic ASP application using Cominterop.  It used to work fine, however, it's been some time and I've had to make a change and recompile it.  Unfortunately for me, I can't remember how I registered the thing to tell COM how to instantiate it, i.e running regsvr32 and passing the dll returns and error.  I have a .tlb file but I can't remember if I can use that to register the dll??  Hey it's been one busy couple of months!Need help. You could try PInvoke(platform Invoke) solution in this post.  Hope this help...

Query using Transactions with .NET
Hello All, I've one query with using transactions in .NET. I've one long running transaction. Mean while when I try to fire SELECT query on same table (For other data in same table) it is not allowing me to do so. May because SQL Server locks the table during transaction. But I want to know whether is it something like row level locking in sql server. Following is the sample code that i use for same. Please highlight how can I access table with joins which is involved in transactions. objConnection = New OleDb.OleDbConnection(keyUserSettings.GetValue("ConnectionString")) If objConnection...

Why use parts of Ado.net when you can use SQL
Just on this line of thought. Why use objects such as DataTable,DataRow,DataColumn when you can use SQL to select and insert data more effectively. I have been creating applications that use sql queries and stored procedures. The other way to do it would be to use ADO.nets objects that help you like DataTable,DataRow, DataColumn. I hardly ever use them at all so are they really worth going into in depth. I prefer SQL to do all my data manipulation.MCAD.Net vb.net Perhaps you should explain how you use sql queries and stored procedures and how you think they're more effective. I f...

COM+ transactions failing when using a 3rd transaction object
We are developing a COM+ application using VB components with a SQLAnyhwhere database. When executing a transaction that uses three objects, one calling the other, the Database hangs and eventually times out. All three objects are set to "Requires Transaction". However, when using only one or two objects with the same configuration, the transaction works fine. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks , Steve ...

Insert datetime, using ADO.net VB.net
Hello there,I got a little code there are inserting a record into my msSQL database..But i cant insert the datetime, for one reason?The problem is in line 7 () where i want to insert DateTime.Now 1 Protected Sub SendPmTilAfviste(ByVal modtager As String, ByVal festID As String) 2 ' Connection 3 Dim conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection("Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\ASPNETDB.MDF;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True") 4 conn.Open() 5 6 ' SQL-kommandoen 7 Dim cm...

Web resources about - Should i use COM+ transactions or just use normal ADO.NET Transaction? Please advice... - asp.net.integration

Transaction cost - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For example, most people, when buying or selling a stock , must pay a commission to their broker ; that commission is a transaction cost of doing ...

Facebook, Instagram Take Aim At Transactions Involving Guns, Other Regulated Items
Facebook and Instagram reacted swiftly to appeals last week by advocacy groups Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense ...

Unilever’s charitable app uses Timeline and subscription billing; Facebook agrees to take only 5 percent ...
... this week, including subscription payments and the new Open Graph-enabled Like action . Betapond says Facebook agreed to take a 5 percent transaction ...

Transaction Network Services - LinkedIn
Learn about working at Transaction Network Services. Join LinkedIn today for free. See who you know at Transaction Network Services, leverage ...

DocuSign Transaction Rooms (formerly Cartavi) on the App Store on iTunes
Get DocuSign Transaction Rooms (formerly Cartavi) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Banks playing key role in reporting transactions with suspected terrorism links, Austrac says
Australia's financial intelligence agency Austrac is monitoring the financial DNA of those Australians likely to transfer money to fund Islamic ...

Survey says 38 percent of all Apple Pay transactions don’t happen in a store
(credit: Shinya Suzuki ) According to a survey from market research group Phoenix Marketing International, 38 percent of all Apple Pay transaction ...

IDG Contributor Network: Avoiding ginormous transaction logs with SharePoint databases
There isn’t a week that goes by that I don’t hear or read about an organization seeing ginormous transaction log (.ldf) files, while the associated ...

After asking UAE bank for $3 million ransom, hacker dumps tens of thousands of customers' transactions ...
He calls himself Hacker Buba, and he's shared tens of thousands of customers' complete financial information.

Tender Armor Adding New Layer of Security to Credit Card Transactions
The startup's CvvPlus fraud prevention technology provides another layer of authentication via a randomly generated CVV number sent to the credit ...