Reading exchange server

Hi,

In my project all customer orders are received by mails in an account called orders.

I need to to develop a web interface using ASP.NET with C# to read the order mailbox on the exchange server and display the mails on web.

There should options to read mail,open attachments,lock,unlock and archieve mail.

Could anyone please suggest a good way to do it. Any kind of reference/resource links would also be useful.

 I tried WEBDAV ..but did not find much help esp. webdav with C#..the XML is cryptic..and its difficult to debug problems.

 Its urgent..please respond.

Thanks,

Pam

0
pam_c
4/23/2008 6:40:38 PM
asp.net.integration 1945 articles. 0 followers. Follow

is information stored in a database? trying to make sure i understand your question before i answer

0
eforr
4/24/2008 6:11:36 PM

Not sure..if I understand correctly..but the information is not stored in database but on on the exchange server

thanks,

Pam

0
pam_c
4/24/2008 6:53:13 PM

Have you ever got this solved. I have a semilar problem?

0
karyani

Do i need to develop on the exchange server(to get exchange data) using visual studio .net???
Hopefully someone can answer this, i can't find the answer anywhere. I am creating an asp.net application where i want to get info from the exchange store using CDOEX and ADO....right now, i am working on my computer which has Windows 2000 prof. with Visual Studio .NET., so far i am not able to get any info from exchange store. Do i need to be running the exchange server on the same machine where i am running Visual Studio .net?????? Anyways(more info), i tried downloading the Exchange 2000 SDK, but in order to install it I need to be running an exchange server on my machine. So i en...

integrating .net with cold fusion server
Hi I have project which is developed in cold fusion and it is having more than 25 complicated modules.we are planing to implement in .net,so we are going module by module development,i want to know after completing on module can we plug-in to cold fusion application.whether it is possible or not.if possible at what extent. please give your suggestions and feedback. please it's urgent. Thanks&Regardsbharath  Hi bharath, I have no experience about ColdFusion, the only result I can find is the following article. Hope it is helpful to you. Migrating from ColdFusio...

Reading emails from an exchange server in c#
I've seen plenty of threads about writing emails, but I don't see too many about reading them, and I'm stuck.I've been trying to write an app to read and parse emails off of an exchange server, but I don't entirely understand how to communicate with the server and get the emails.  I've read about WebDAV, Outlook Objects, MAPI, etc but most of it is still a bit over my head haha.  Can anyone give me some advice or point me in the right direction to learning/understanding how to use any of these to read emails off of an exchange server?  Am I going in the...

Read mail directly from Exchange server
Hello, I need to read mail with a service from a dedicated mailbox in Exchange. At the moment I'm looking to use TOutlookApplication to do this. But I'm afraid I have to install (part of) MSOffice on the server for this. Can anyone give me an idee on how I should handle this? Thanks in advance Herman Herman vanRuitenbeek wrote: > Hello, > > I need to read mail with a service from a dedicated mailbox in > Exchange. > > At the moment I'm looking to use TOutlookApplication to do this. But > I'm afraid I have to install (part of) MSO...

vb.net application + exchange server
Dear All, I would really appreciate if you could suggest if the solution suggest below is possible one? Currently our administrator recieves e-mails with attachments from a fixed e-mail address twice a daily; he saves the attachment from this address locally on his system and then uploads onto the web server using the .net file upload component. To get over from this manual work, I plan to automate the process by implementing a scheduled VB.net application (runs twice a day at 7) to read mails "from address" on the exchange server, download the attachments from this address, sav...

System.NET.Mail cannot communicate to relay server through my .net server relay config
Environment: My PC – I’m testing the code from ServerA in debug mode using VS 2005 ServerA – my .Net Code server in which the code I’m testing resides and is running .NET version 2.0.50727 ServerB – An exchange server on our network   Problem & Info: I get this error no matter if I specify the exchange servername or my .net servername.  I want to use ServerB as the relay server in my System.NET.Mail but when I try that or try just using ServerA’s plain SMTP.  I've used the exchange server fine in other applications from other servers for my code so not sure why it'...

use Net::SMTP with Exchange server
------=_Part_12245_30573024.1166020428897 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Hello all, I would like to know if it possible to use Net:smtp module with a Exchange Server. In fact , I think with Exchange Server, we have a SMTP authentification so a simple perl script whithout authentification does not work. Could I use "auth" parameters? If someone has an example and can help me . Best Regards OxX ------=_Part_12245_30573024.1166020428897-- From: OXx <xxdevil06@g...

SQL Server and Exchange Server
 Hi,I am trying to send emails from SQL server, Here i am using Exchange server and I dont have the SMTP,while configuring the Profile with the SQL server i am facing problem as i have read some where that this SQL server's Database Mail  is SMTP based Mailling Service, can anybody please elaborate that if i have Exchange Server how do i configure my Database Mail. So if it is possible to Configure like wise. Please let me know and do throw some light over it. Thanks in Advance Parth ThanksParthvisit for some interesting articals at www.parthrawal.blogspot.comMark as ...

Reading emails from an exchange server 2003 in c#
i am trying to read mails from exchang server, can any one help me out       Thanks ...

reading shared folders from outlook (exchange server)
Hola,I need some guidance here. I want to make an asp.net site that will reveal some shared calendars. The webserver running the site, will not have Outlook installed, so i assume i cannot use Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook. What are my alternatives, and what can you guys suggest? I would prefer not having to touch the exchange server AT ALL, meaning no new installations/configurations....

ADO to read mail from Exchange 2003 server
Hello, I have to read mail directly from an Exchange server. Can I do this using an ADO connection? If so does anyone have an example for me? Thanks in advance, Herman > {quote:title=Herman vanRuitenbeek wrote:}{quote} > Hello, > > I have to read mail directly from an Exchange server. Can I do this > using an ADO connection? If so does anyone have an example for me? > There is an Ole db provider for Exchange so you should be able to do it. Here is the Microsoft reference for queries http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms191461.aspx Dear Brian, ...

How to create Mailbox in Exchange Server through VB.NET
I have created a user in Active Directory then Enable it . all the properties are fine ste. when I try to create a mail box for the user it generates error. An operations error occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80072020) my code is below -----------------------------------------------------------------DirectoryEntry user = new DirectoryEntry(mLDAPPath, mLDAPUsername, mLDAPPassword, AuthenticationTypes.Secure); CDOEXM.IMailboxStore mailbox;mailbox = (IMailboxStore)user.NativeObject;mailbox.CreateMailbox(homeDB); user.CommitChanges(); ----------------------------------------------...

Problem with Read Emails From MS Exchange server
Hello guys, I need to write an applcation that reads mail from a microsoft exchange server using VB.NET.  I have heard that using MSMAPI is the way to go.  However, it seems like all the code samples I can find are for using MAPI to send mail.  Does anyone have a code sample of how to read mail?  I have tried fumbling with MAPI with the code below and on the CreateObject line I get and error like cannot create active x control.  Does anyone know why this might be?  Does anyone know where I can find a code sample that works? &nb...

Accessing MS Exchange Server through VB.NET
Hi guys, I am looking for information, links, articles on reading, creating, deleting, etc. Exchange public folders with .NET and VB.NET. My main problem is I dont know what to be looking for. Do I try to use CDO..does the .NET framework have some new classes to use? Any information or starting points would be great. Thanx I am currently working ona project that needs to intergrate with Exchange. Although I am getting no where fast I have found that there are a few ways of interacting with Exchange Server 2003. 1) WebDAV - This seems to the most flexiable approach...

Web resources about - Reading exchange server - asp.net.integration

Exchange rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In finance , an exchange rate (also known as the foreign-exchange rate , forex rate or FX rate ) between two currencies is the rate at which ...

Iran releases Americans in breakthrough prisoner exchange
Four Americans detained in Iran will be coming home and seven Iranians in U.S. custody also will win their freedom in a breakthrough swap negotiated ...

App Store app prices going up in Canada, New Zealand and 5 more countries due to exchange rate fluctuations ...
... price changes roll out to the App Store in affected countries over the next three days. Apple adjusts prices periodically in response to exchange ...

Friday Recipe Exchange: A Little of This and a Little of That
... find a home for his pups (we may have a Balloon-Juice match, I’ll keep you up to date), not to mention work. I almost bagged the recipe exchange, ...

Iran and U.S. complete prisoner exchange, nuclear deal implemented - Videos - CBS News
Four Americans, including Washington Post reporter Jason Rezaian, were released in a landmark prisoner swap with Iran Saturday. A fifth American ...

Who Are The Seven Iranians Released In Exchange For The U.S. Prisoners?
Who Are The Seven Iranians Released In Exchange For The U.S. Prisoners?

Feud Alert! Meek Mill and 50 Cent Exchange Insults, Accusations and Serious Shade on Social Media
50 Cent has found himself in yet another famous feud! We all remember the war of words between th...

Utah police officer, suspect dead in gunfire exchange
A Utah police officer was killed Sunday after he was shot by a suspect who was later killed by police.

Utah Police Officer, Suspect Dead in Gunfire Exchange
Utah police officer killed, second officer wounded and a suspect was killed in shooting near Salt Lake City

Iran frees 4 Americans including journalist in exchange of 7 Iranians
... Post reporter Jason Rezaian, former US marine Amir Hekmati, pastor Saeed Abedini and Nosratollah Khosravi-Roodsari, were freed by Iran in exchange ...