Reading Excel Files from a .Net Web Form

Hi,

This might be a dumb question, but ...

When reading an Excel file from a .Net Web Form, is it necessary to have Microsoft Excel actually installed on the client machine running the web form?

Also, do the Excel files being read need to be saved as "values only" or can the values be extracted from a spreadsheet where the cells contain formulas?

Thanks.

-Wayne

0
whdyck
4/23/2008 1:49:14 PM
asp.net.integration 1945 articles. 0 followers. Follow

For the 1st part,

Office is not necessary to be installed. But Download the Office XP PIAs and use them to develop Office XP solutions with Visual Studio .NET.

For 2nd Part

I think you need to use Values.

Regards,
Kumar Kiran | Protocols Of Matrix |
Click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you to help future readers to get the solutions.
0
kumarkiran

how to read a .txt file from .net (web form)
hi, how to read a .txt file line by line and place the contents in a .xls file. ex: if sample.txt file is... Name: abc Company: xyz info ltd. i want abc and xyz info ltd to be cut and saved in .xls file. i already have a .xls template with name and company fields. send solution.......

How to Read Excel File AT VB.NET
Hi anyone know how do i read excel file at VB.net & display the result in a label or something.. e.g i know cell A2 is a string of text - e.g Hello this is the P/L for the month  i want grab that and put in a label etc.Thanks , it would be good if can refer me to url on using Microsoft Excel Library Object & its coding to connect, close connection , grab data from cell and input back the data. Regards,Bao  My Anime Site My Quality Animes HR BLOG With the proper connection string (http://www.connectionstrings.com/?carrier=excel) you can query it like ...

Reading Checkboxes in Excel from VB.NET Web App
Hi, I am currently developing a program to read data from an Excel spreadsheet.My problem is where I have implemented checkboxes in the spreadsheet.I need to be able to read whether or not the user has checked the box from the VB.NET web app. Would anyone have any good links regarding this!? Thank you! Julie...

how to open .exe file in a web form in vb.net?
hi, Are there any one who know to open .exe file from a web form application? make a link like: My Exe ...

Using excel/automation from a .net web form fails, why?
Hi all - From my codebehind I'm attempting to write the contents of a DataSet to Excel. However, it appears that I cannot start Excel from my codebehind to accomplish this. Doing so causes the following error: Cannot execute a program. The command being executed was "c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\csc.exe" /noconfig @"C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\webservice_icspos_consumer\bd8c4cb9\af1c8054\s33rwgwf.cmdline". I've referenced Microsoft Excel 10.0 Object Library which also brings in - Microsoft Office 10.0 Obje...

non .net form issue within a .net form tag

Problem reading excel file in .net to update an access database..
here is the scoop.. have a form that user uploads an excel file (very basic data.. 9 columns, multiple rows)after uploaded.. I want to read that data into an access databaseEasy enough, and its working.. however .NET doesn't seem to know when to quit reading the excel file and it always blows up. Here is my sample code. How can I tell .NET or Excel when to quit reading ?Dim myConnectionString As String Dim myConnection As Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection Dim myCommand As Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand Dim myDataReader As Data.OleDb.OleDbDataReader ' Set our connection string. Data file is "...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

How to locate a file on PB11.5.1 .NET Web Form Target
PowerBuilder 11.5.1 Build 4675 Local Web Hosting : Window XP Pro IIS , Home directory = "c:\inetpub\wwwroot" I use a very simple function "FileExists" to locate a file, but it always return FALSE from below scripts. if FileExists(file_name) = False then MessageBox("Error", "Could not find this file~n" + file_name) Return -1 end if The file_name is specified like this "D:\PB11.5\TEST\test.srd." I can confirm that the file do exist on my machine on specified path. And, it return TRUE when I run on normal PB application targe...

How to locate a file on PB11.5.1 .NET Web Form Target
Hi, PowerBuilder 11.5.1 Build 4675 Local Web Hosting : Window XP Pro IIS , Home directory = "c:\inetpub \wwwroot" I use a very simple function "FileExists" to locate a file, but it always retun FALSE from below scripts. if FileExists(file_name) = False then MessageBox("Error", "Could not find this file~n" + file_name) Return -1 end if The file_name is specified like this "D:\PB11.5\TEST\test.srd." I can confirm that the file do exist on my machine on specified path. And, it return TRUE when I run on normal PB application t...

How to locate a file on PB11.5.1 .NET Web Form Target
PowerBuilder 11.5.1 Build 4675 Local Web Hosting : Window XP Pro IIS , Home directory = "c:\inetpub \wwwroot" I use a very simple function "FileExists" to locate a file, but it always retun FALSE from below scripts. if FileExists(file_name) = False then MessageBox("Error", "Could not find this file~n" + file_name) Return -1 end if The file_name is specified like this "D:\PB11.5\TEST\test.srd." I can confirm that the file do exist on my machine on specified path. And, it return TRUE when I run on normal PB application target. A...

Web resources about - Reading Excel Files from a .Net Web Form - asp.net.integration

Sight-reading - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sight-reading is the reading and performing of a piece of written music , specifically when the performer has not seen it before, also called ...

What will our politicians be reading and watching over the summer break?
... From weighty historical tomes to spy thrillers, modern prizewinning classics to kids' books, our federal politicians have a lot of reading to ...

Amazon launches New Kindle Fire HD 8 ‘Reader’s Edition’ w/ better night time reading, case bundle, Kindle ...
Amazon, today, launched a brand new version of its 8-inch Android-based Kindle Fire tablet. The Kindle Fire 8 Reader's Edition comes with some ...

Google Play Books adds Night Light mode to make late night reading more enjoyable
... rollout soon to users via the App Store for free. Night Light is a feature that Google says will significantly improve the comfort of reading ...

Social reading app Shelfie partners with Findaway to offer new audiobook bundles for readers
Shelfie, the popular ebook and audiobook discovery application, has just announced a new partnership with Findaway, a leading audiobook distributor. ...

Popular e-book reading app Shelfie now provides audiobooks
... you can convert your physical library into e-books or audiobooks for free or close to it, allowing you the freedom and convenience of reading ...

Weekend Reading:: James Boyle (1991): A Process of Denial: Bork and Postmodern Conservatism
[A Process of Denial: Bork and Postmodern Conservatism](http://law.duke.edu/boylesite/bork.htm): >>[I]t is naive to suppose that the [Supreme] ...

Mark Zuckerberg is already reading his baby books about quantum physics
... education. The Facebook CEO just posted a picture on the social network alongside his monthly book recommendation showing he and Chan reading ...

Tips for Reading the Healthcare Road Map
After discussing recent reports from McKinsey and the Advisory Board with our health practice leaders, I am more convinced than ever that the ...

Reading the Bible aloud: Why it's part of worship and how we can do it better
In the heirarchy of participation in worship, Bible reading is assumed to be a lower-level activity.