Read a mail and its content from the mail box [mail server type:smtp] using c#

I need to write a code where i could read the emails from the mail box. I need to do this in a web based application. Can some one please help me on this.
0
Ashish
3/13/2007 10:54:07 AM
asp.net.integration 1945 articles. 0 followers. Follow

database mail
 hello,i want to configure database mail on sql server 2005 for sending email alerts(i think everything is ok on the sql server config)the problem is about the smtp virtual server on the iis can someone tell me how should i config this onethanks  ...

Why do Sending SMTP Authenticated E-mail succeed using SmtpMail.Send() function but fail using SmtpClient.send() function ? Bugs in System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient when send a Authenticated E-mail?
I click btnOK button, the email can send OK, but click btnFail button,  the following error is displayed! why ? you can test the section code. The SMTP, username, password are valid!  Many thanks! "Syntax error, command unrecognized. The server response was: authentication failed,decode user password error" I have tested some other SMTP, somes is OK. I think there are some bugs with System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient when send a Authenticated E-mail with some SMTP!   //------------------------------------------.ASPX Code----------------------------------------...

Problem with sending mail using smtp server in c#.net
Hello Frnds, I have written small code for sending mail using smtp server.but i am getting exception An exception of type 'System.Net.Mail.SmtpException' occurred in System.dll but was not handled in user code Additional information: Transaction failed. The server response was: 5.7.1 <bhavani_glowtouch@yahoo.com>: Relay access denied   Here is my code plese tell me where is the problemMailMessage mail = new MailMessage(); mail.To.Add("bhavani_glowtouch@yahoo.com");MailAddress mailFrom = new MailAddress("bhavani.b@intense.in"); mail.From = ...

After configuring the SMTP server for sending mails ,How to authenticate against the mail server?
  Hi,After configuring the SMTP server ,How to authenticate against the mail server for sending mails?Swati                                             http://www.systemnetmail.com/faq/4.2.aspxhttp://www.systemwebmail.com/faq/3.8.aspxAlso, in .NET 2.0 you can store the SMTP credentials and server info in web.config.Ryan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThtt...

E-mail form data using authenticated smtp relay (system.net.mail)?
Hi, out there, I have a set of forms on my site that work fine e-mailing the data back to me with the free e-mail frommy current host, whose smtp relays do not require authentication.  However, there's a tight limit on the number of relays I can have a day.  Due to traffic, I would like my forms now to reference another "From" e-mail, from host with unlimited smtp relays.  Unfortunately, their e-mail requires authentication, and having combed these posts for hours, as well as others, I can't find a working solution to my problem.  It's more...

Sending Mail Using System.Net.Mail with out using User credentials
HI, I have an application where in i send mails based on some condition, the user is already authenticated, so i need not check the User Credentials.Right now this is how the piece lokks:- mailClient.Credentials = new NetworkCredential(USERID, USER_PWD,DOMAIN); I want to send the mail, with out validating the user credentials, Can i skip the above line. Please post aqlong with the sample code.   Thanx in Advance. Anil Kumar.   I think you cannot skip. but store user credentials in session variables after login and then pass.If this post was useful to you, please mark it as...

get mail using System.Net.Mail
How can i get Email usign System.Net.Mail ?? Hello poloxy  ,the System.Net.Mail used only for sending emails and not to receive them.Read the full documentation at  MSDN Library http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.net.mail.aspx  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you SO how can I receive mail ? Try one of these pop3 librarieshttp://www.codeproject.com/info/search.aspx?artkw=pop3  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you HI,   if you want to send email by using System....

How to send mail using smtp and pop3 mail
in my project i m sending mail using smtp and pop3 mail bcoz reidffmailpro require both smtp and pop3 address a sending mail how can i solve thisthanks Nothing is really over,untill the moment stop trying for it...Amitsp(MCTS,MCP)sqlreporting.blogspot.com Have a look at this site. You should get something here http://www.systemnetmail.com/Vikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you  U can referhttp://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/SivaEMailSample.aspxhttp://www.activexperts.com/ActivEmail/howto/aspnetc/   Hi Amit Prajapati,You can use O...

Problem in sending mail using system.net.mail
I am using C# and ASP.Net2.0 for sending mail. But my problem is it is not being sent. I am not being able to understand it. I am using my gmail account for it. I am using System.Net and System .Net.Mail for sending the same. But i am getting the error ''Failure Sending Mail. Cannot connect to the server" . I have internet connection. Plz help me. It's urgent. I am attaching my code.  MailMessage mailMsg = new MailMessage();MailAddress ma = new MailAddress(username@gmail.com); mailMsg.From = ma; mailMsg.To.Add(s);mailMsg.Subject = "Your...

Download Internet mails using a hosted Mail server
I have my mail server with a hosting provider and GW 6.5 systems running on my network How can I download all the Internet mails using GW? I have already made the pop3 accounts option on the GW client available. And I receive Internet mails but I have two problems: 1) The internet mail are downloaded only while the GW client is open. Some of the users get access to GW using WebAccess and the problem is they only can see the Internet mails they previosly download with the GW client but they can�t get access to the new mails using WebAccess. 2) That option need to configur...

Send Mail from my Mail Server
Hi,         I tested the sample code which is used to send mail from asp.net page like SmtpMail.Send(....). Actually it works well. But here the mail was not stored in the send items of my email ID (From ID) when i sent a mail. I think you got my question. My question is every time i send a mail the mail will also be stored in the sent items. And also I want to send mails from my Mail Server. Please send your suggestions or links.Thanx,M. GANESAN  The mail isn't being sent from your email software, so it won't be stored in your Sent Items folde...

not reciving mail in my mail box
 protected void btnSendmail_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)    {                 SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient();        MailMessage message = new MailMessage();        try        {            MailAddress fromAddress = new MailAddress(txtEmail.Text, txtName.Text);            &...

Read mail to Unread mail
Hi There, I have several users who complain that occasionally there e-mail that they have read returns to being bold and shows as unread. This happens to various different PCs (including my own) Any ideas? Thanks John. John, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of th...

Where is the Mail icon or Read Mail?
Name: Fulvio Perini Email: 8west7side_at_cox.net Product: Firefox Summary: Where is the Mail icon or Read Mail? Comments: I am using the 3-21 unzipped nightly, and I have not found any Mail icon, or Tools|Read mail. I hope that it is an oversight, and later nightlies or the installer have the feature. It should not be removed, intentionally! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20060320 Firefox/2.0a1 ...

Web resources about - Read a mail and its content from the mail box [mail server type:smtp] using c# - asp.net.integration