open new email from outlook on client after server function

Greetings!
I'm currently creating a system to email several people. These people a located in a grid. In this grid there are some checkboxes. The code below checks which box is checked and adds the email corresponding to the checkbox to a string. When the entire grid is checked, I want to popup a new outlook message with the TO-field filled in with the mailStr created on the server. The way it's done below, outlook is opend on the server, but I want to outlook to open on the clientside.

 Protected Sub btnEmail_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnEmail.Click
        Dim intRow As Integer = 0
        Dim strName As String = ""
        Dim strPercent As String = ""
        Dim dblTotal As Double = 0
        Dim dblPercent As Double = 0
        Dim mailStr As String = ""
        Dim email As String = ""
        Dim MyGrid As DataGrid
        Dim teller As Integer = 0
        Dim subject As String = " "
        Dim body As String = " "
        Dim oneSelected As Boolean = False
        MyGrid = Me.dgCompany

        ' Number of rows in the DataGrid
        '
        Dim intRows As Integer = MyGrid.Items.Count - 1
        Dim blnChecked As Boolean = False
        '
        ' DataGrid rows are really DataGridItems.
        '
        Dim GridItem As DataGridItem
        For intRow = 0 To intRows
            '
            ' Get the grid row.
            '
            GridItem = MyGrid.Items(intRow)
            '
            ' Get the Last Name
            '
            email = GridItem.Cells(4).Text().Trim()
            '
            ' Find the controls in the DataGrid row and get their values.
            '
            blnChecked = DirectCast(GridItem.FindControl("chkEmail"), CheckBox).Checked

            If blnChecked Then
                If email.ToString <> "&nbsp;" Then

                    mailStr = mailStr & email & ", "

                End If
            End If
        Next

        Dim oOutlook As New Outlook.Application()
        ' Create an instance of the MailItem
        Dim oMailitem As Outlook.MailItem
        ' Create an instance of the Attachment
        'Dim oAttach As Outlook.Attachment
        oMailitem = oOutlook.CreateItem(Outlook.OlItemType.olMailItem)
        oMailitem.To = mailStr
        oMailitem.Subject = "Email Integration with Outlook and VB.Net"
        'PING….Displays the Outlook along with the To,Cc,Subject and Attachment
        oMailitem.Display()

    End Sub

Does anyone know how to create this???

0
mario
2/23/2007 9:06:25 AM
asp.net.integration 1945 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How to create inline SQL functions thru Open client/Open Server environment
Hi, I know Sybase ASE provides java as a method to create UDFs which could be used directly in Sql statements. Like I have a function foo(in_val) which accepts in_val and returns out_val. This function could be used as select * from emp where foo(empno)>=1 function foo can be created as a java class and can be used. BUT IF I DONT WANT TO USE JAVA AND NEITHER PROXY TABLES/procedures..THEN Could I create these functions through Open Client/Open Server programming environment and use directly in SQL statements ..if yes How..? I hope My question is clear. Thanks Gag...

New to open client/server
Hi. After following all the instruction I tried to compile the first example. after a few compiling errors i managed to somehow bypass i encountered with the following linking errors: --------------------Configuration: firstapp - Win32 Debug-------------------- Compiling... firstapp.c f:\sybase\ocs-12_5\sample\ctlib\firstapp.c(106) : warning C4013: 'exit' undefined; assuming extern returning int Linking... firstapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ct_con_drop@4 firstapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ct_close@8 firstapp.obj : error L...

Send New Email Opens Another New Email
I just upgraded to Groupwise 8.1 on the server and about 5 clients. About 115 other clients are running 7.0, 7.1 or 7.2 clients. After the install, whenever anyone creates a new email message and clicks the send button, another window pops up. The window is another blank email as if you are sending another new email. This also happens on a reply, so if you sit down and do 5-6 replies at a time, you get anothe 5-6 blank email windows. My users and myself find this feature annoying and would like to turn it off. Some users think the first email did not send and actually re-typ...

disable OPEN IN NEW WINDOW and OPEN IN NEW TAB function
how is it possible? can I force the user to use only the main window? Francesco wrote, On 5/10/2006 11:17 AM: > how is it possible? > can I force the user to use only the main window? > > Since you're using Outlook Express, I'll assume you mean in Windows: Tools -> Options -> Tabs -> Check "Force links that open new windows to open in:" -> Check "the same tab/window as the link" button. Ken Wagner wrote: > Francesco wrote, On 5/10/2006 11:17 AM: >> how is it possible? >> can I force the user to use o...

Open client outlook email with attachment.
Hi, Is there a way to open outlook mail on CLIENT side with attachment? I use the mailto protocol and Javascript to call from the C# code behind ... it works ok... but it is not support the attachment. I also tried:String mailStr = "mailto:MyEmail@something.com?subject=this is the subject&body=this is the body&attacment="c:\test.txt""; System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(strParms); but it is open mail on the serverside Does any one have any thought???? Thank you. Ddee  I don't think so as that would be a security risk. Visit bellow link ... hop...

open new email on client side
i am stuck and need your help please. i want to generate a parameterized email-submit-button to open on the client side new oulook email message currently the code is: .... MyCommand.Fill(ds, "tblemail") Dim MyEmailAddress As String = ds.Tables("tblemail").Rows(0)("email").ToString btnEmail.Visible = True btnEmail.OnClientClick = "top.location=mailto:" + MyEmailAddress + "" but it doesn't work. the client side source shows that the onclick event has the correct emailaddress. i've tried it also without top.location...

Right click function to open new tab or new window not functional.
Name: Debbie Searcy Product: Firefox Summary: Right click function to open new tab or new window not functional. Comments: I'm disappointed that the latest release no longer supports a right click function to open in new tab or new window. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5.1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server & Adaptive Server Enterprise
*Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server, (10.x - 12.0) Adaptive Server Enterprise and SQL Server This document shows the interoperability of Open Client 11.1.1 and 12.0 with Open Server 10.0.4, 11.1.1 and 12.0, Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.5.x, 11.9.x and 12.0, and SQL Server 11.0.3. (Oct 17 2001) http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1013031 *Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server (11.x - 12.x) and Adaptive Server Enterprise This document shows the interoperability of Open Client versions 11.1.1, 12.0 and 12.5 with Open Server versions 11.1.1, 1...

Script to open email client to send email also opens IE browser
Hi Friends - I tried the following code - linkbutton's clicked event - for the user to send email using their default email client e.g. Outlook Express. private void lbtnEmail_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { try { string sMemberId = Session["MemberId"].ToString(); } catch { Response.Redirect("logon.aspx"); } // **** Response.Redirect("mailto:" + sEmail + "?SUBJECT=Greetings!"); // **** } The problem is although the email client Outlook Express opens correctly, so does the IE browser wit...

How to open new tab Panel by function in client?
I want to open new tab when I click a div in the current tab. But I don't know how to do this in client. Please help me .   Hi,You can add a onclick event handler to the div, and set activeIndex to the one you need in it.For instance: <ajaxToolkit:TabContainer  ID="TabContainer1" runat="server" ActiveTabIndex="5"  AutoPostBack="false">            <ajaxToolkit:TabPanel ID="p1" runat="server"> ............... </ajaxToolkit:TabContainer...

new product suggestion: server-based email client
Name: eric fluger Email: efatpanixdotcom Product: Other (please state) Summary: new product suggestion: server-based email client Comments: hi. thunderbird sounds great but some of us prefer remote rather than local email clients. how about a server side version with a web inteface? (imagine a mozilla.org version of SquirrelMail) or if the program can be suitably layered, perhaps both curses and web interface would be possible providing access via telnet/ssh or web browser. (imagine a choice of pine-like or squirrelmail-like interfaces on onto what is mostly th...

open default email client with server load of address.
asp.net I need to present user with list box of user names as text and email address as value.  User selects multiple user names (email address values) and then clicks on link button.  Server loads "mailto" with from, to, replyto, subject, body and opens client default email client with server driven info.  How can this be done?  I do not want to limit to outlook.  Must open default email client.  check this out:http://jelle.druyts.net/PermaLink.aspx?guid=b8e15df1-5948-4f87-a976-b858a65c9baa NAbeel--*Please mark as answer if you find this post h...

sybase open server, open client
Hi guys.... I am trying to figure out the following doubt. Can someone please help. Thanks!! 1. is the Syabse Open Client for VMS & OpenVMs come together with the Sybase pack that we bought? or this need to purchase separately? 2. what is the latest version for sybase open client for VMS now? ...

Open server saved msword document in outlook on client side
Hi, I have a situation. When User clicks on a hyperlink on a webpage, it will create a msword document using a template. Now this template that is generated will be saved on server. I want after generation of the msword document, the word document should be opened (with text formatting) in outlook application of client's(user)computer. So that he may made some changes in that text and then he will email to the receipient.   Till now, I can successfully generate the msword document and saved it on the webserver. But how can now open the users' outlook and has this gen...

Web resources about - open new email from outlook on client after server function - asp.net.integration

Talk:Trigonometric functions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Mathematics , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Mathematics on Wikipedia. If ...

Fatally weak MD5 function torpedoes crypto protections in HTTPS and IPSEC
... US Navy ) If you thought MD5 was banished from HTTPS encryption, you'd be wrong. It turns out the fatally weak cryptographic hash function, ...

Drop Point Knives: Function, Fit, Timeless
Drop Point Knives: Function, Fit, Timeless

Learning F# – The Thunderdome Principle for Functions
... One object enters, one object leaves! What I like about F# is that the language designers took a similar approach when they implemented functions. ...

HPE Offers Catalog of Virtual Network Functions for Telcos
The vendor's OpenNFV Solution Portal gives carriers a single place to find a range of VNFs that are pre-tested to run on their networks.

7 Useful Technical SEO Functions For Your E-commerce Website
This article was co-authored by Mate Dyekiss, SEO Strategist at IMI. An e-commerce website can create all the technical SEO issues onecan imagine: ...

Using AWS Lambda functions to create print ready files
... going to tell you about our processing architecture as well as at a recent performance improvement with the integration of AWS Lambda functions. ...

Political row over omitting Kerala CM from PM Modi’s function
Kerala chief minister Oommen Chandy on Saturday decided to keep away from Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s function in Kollam in south Kerala after ...

Surprise: Binge-Watching TV May Cause a Decline in Brain Function
With the second season of Transparent only a few days away, some bad news awaits us: According to a recent study and common sense, probably, ...

Power Through Your Work With a “Forcing Function”
... to flow faster and more easily when I know I only have a couple of hours to turn it in. Entrepreneur Dan Martell calls this a “forcing function” ...