Open a excel file show it for 10 sec and then close it by using vb.net

Hello Frineds

I in a problem...

The client required to open a number of excel files from a folder, show it for twenty secounds and then close it.

It should happen it the cyclic manner.

The page should also scroll...

You can say i want to make a slide show of the excel sheet...

Any kind of help would be great

Thanks

Amit

0
dev
1/29/2008 9:27:34 AM
asp.net.integration 1945 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Close Excel file using VB.NET
Hi all, I need an urgent help here. I have a excel file which protected by a password, and the excel file itself already have closing code in ThisWorkbook. I need to use VB.NET to read this file, I read successfully open this file using the Workbooks.Open function and pass in the password. But whenever I want to close this excel file, it will run a dialog box. Is there any possible way to tell the dialog box "yes" or "no" using coding in .NET? I will put the closing code and my .NET code here. ================================================...

open the open file dialog box on button click using vb.net
 Using vb.net code,I want to open the open file dialog box on button click  and then to select a file  and  selected file has to be shown in a text box.On clicking another button, file name should get stored in database.Anyone who has solution or suggestion, pls reply. You need to drop a FileUpload control on your page. It does much of the job automatically. Here is the Aap.Net tags:  <div> <asp:fileupload ID="MyFile" runat="server"></asp:fileupload> <br /> <asp:TextBox ID="txtFileName" runat...

opening excel file with vb.net?
Hi, I'm trying to open an excel file using vb.net. I've found a way on the web but I'm getting this error: <script runat="server"> Sub LinkButton_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Dim xlApp As Excel.Application Dim xlWB1 As Excel.Workbook Set xlApp = New Excel.Application xlApp.Visible = True Set xlWB1 = xlApp.Workbooks.Open("test.xls") xlWB1.Close Set xlWB1 = Nothing xlApp.Quit Set xlApp = Nothing End Sub </script> Error: Excel.Application not defined. Which .net class handles the excel object?...

Creating an Excel file using VB.Net
Just after some help to create an Excel file using VB.Net please. I've had a bit of a hunt around but can't find an exact example of code that I'm after. I'm new to .Net and VB.Net and wanted to create and save records to an EXCEL file. I can translate from C# if need be. Thanks for any help. Hi Amelia99, welcome to the forums. Which version of Excell do you want to use? The latest version (2003) has xml possibilities and you can download a free SDK at the microsoft site that makes it quite easy to use with vs.net 2003. It makes new project templates and one of them is for ex...

how to read opened files using vb.net
Hi, I have written a backup solution using vb.net and C#.Net. But, I am not able to backup the opened files, which will be skipped. Can anyone please suggest me some idea to read and write opened files using vb.net ? Thanking you Regards Praveen There is an overload to Dile.Open that allows you to specify a aharing mode. However, if you are trying to open a file that another process has opened and not allowed sharing, you will not be able to share the file.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog...

Export GridView as an Excel file using VB.NET
Hi I thought this topic would have been covered to death in Google, but I can't seem to find a simple solution for VB.NET 2.0 (found loads for C#!).  I'm using a simple gridView with an SqlDataSource, and would like a button that when clicked, creates an Excel file which the user can save. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Much appreciatedRichard You can purchase one of many components that will provide this featureYou can write code that will output the file as a CSV file with the .xsl extension then provide a link to the file for download.Or, you can write...

Problem opening txt file in Notepad using vb.net
Ok, I have an app that executes .bat files and stores the output in a text file. I then retrieve the files from the Archive folder and list them in a gridview with a Select command. I'm using the SelectedIndexChanged method to open notepad and display the text file selected. When I run the file from my machine locally everything works fine. When I push my code to the server it fails to open notepad and display the file. The event triggers, just doesn't open notepad. Below is the code...     Protected Sub gvRA_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As...

converting vb.net 2003 files to vb.net 2005
Hi, i am beginner..i watch videos about vb.net..they made on vs.net 2003 when i wrote these codes in 2005 ,it gives errors..is there any program which convert the code automatically?   thanks,Thanks,Speranza What videos are you talking about?  There are lots of great, up-to-date ASP.NET Videos on this site for free.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! i am talking about learnvisualstudio.net videos..Thanks,Speranza Speranza:they made on vs.net 2003 when i wrote these codes in 2005 ,it gives errors..is there a...

Need tutorial on creating Excel File using VB.NET
I am trying to create a pipe "|" delimited excel file from my VB.NET application. I did a search and didn't find anything very useful. I will create the pipe delimited text string in code. I just need to write each text string into a different row in a spreadsheet. Then create the .xls file. I have done this previously with a .txt file, but from what I have read this is different when creating a .xls file. Does anyone have any good tutorials for this? Thanks.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a po...

Error in using a VB.NET .exe file on a computer that hasn't studio net installed
I've create an VB.Net Console Application and i'm trying to make the exe run on another computer that has, let's say windows 98. i've installed on this computer the net framework but it doesn't seem to be enough. what do i have to install also? i've used the following references in my application (if it has anything to do with this): Imports System.IO Imports Excel = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel I've also copied on the test computer Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll in the same folder as the exe file. It doesn't give so many error, but one: Object reference not set to an inst...

Propblem opening Microsoft Excel in vb.net using windows Vista
Hi my application has been opening and working with Excel files fine using windows XP I have just started developing on Vista Ultimate and now I get the following error when trying to open Excel Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80070005. I went to DCOMCNFG from the command prompt and through component services set the security to the user "Network Service" (replacement for aspnet under vista) giving it full control yet I still get the error highlighted above?? any help would be...

how to populate data into a preformatted excel file which contains macros using vb.net
Want to populate data into a preformatted excel file which contains macros using vb.net.Tried to populate data into an normal excel file using interopservices and using the excel COM object.But not able to use the same for populating data into a preformatted excel file which contains macros.Help me on this.Thanks in advance If you are trying to populate the data from SQL Server into MS Excel, you could consider using DTS (Data Transformation Services) and running this as service and calling it from your application.Regards, Narayana Rao Surapaneni Architect | Author | MCSD for .NET | MCSD ...

Web resources about - Open a excel file show it for 10 sec and then close it by using vb.net - asp.net.integration

Ever to Excel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The phrase is derived from the sixth book of Homer 's Iliad , in which it is used in a speech Glaucus delivers to Diomedes . During a battle ...

Microsoft Excel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Microsoft Excel is a commercial spreadsheet application written and distributed by Microsoft for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X . It features ...

Which Fast Food Restaurants Excel On Facebook?
... Several pages do this, but who does it best? The recently released Unmetric Fast Food Report shows that Burger King and McDonald’s excel on ...

Jason Excel (@Anamewithaguy) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Jason Excel @ Anamewithaguy ...

Microsoft Excel Users
This group is for those who use Microsoft Excel in their professional and/or personal use.

Excel Csv Editor with .XLS, .XLSX, .XML Converter on the App Store on iTunes
Get Excel Csv Editor with .XLS, .XLSX, .XML Converter on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Microsoft Excel Logo - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore AJC1's photos on Flickr. AJC1 has uploaded 1944 photos to Flickr.

Leading CMOs Will Excel at Customer Obsession in 2016
2016 will be a consequential year in the race to win in the age of the customer. The market now moves at a speed not seen before driven by customers' ...

As Excel turns 30, it's time to take spreadsheets to the next level
Excel was born in 1985, and the business world has never been the same. This fall, the program celebrated its 30th birthday, giving spreadsheet ...

Master Excel and get certified for $19
Working in Excel can sometimes feel like trying to learn a foreign language. But with the right training, it can actually help you work faster ...