Need tutorial on creating Excel File using VB.NET

I am trying to create a pipe "|" delimited excel file from my VB.NET application. I did a search and didn't find anything very useful. I will create the pipe delimited text string in code. I just need to write each text string into a different row in a spreadsheet. Then create the .xls file. I have done this previously with a .txt file, but from what I have read this is different when creating a .xls file. Does anyone have any good tutorials for this? Thanks.

jcrabtreesla
7/10/2007 7:28:21 PM
asp.net.integration 1945 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This utility is great for creating xls files and is free for files with 5 sheets and up to 150 rows (also has Visual Studio support)

http://www.gemboxsoftware.com/GBSpreadsheet.htm

Tim

0
cashmore

Creating an Excel file using VB.Net
Just after some help to create an Excel file using VB.Net please. I've had a bit of a hunt around but can't find an exact example of code that I'm after. I'm new to .Net and VB.Net and wanted to create and save records to an EXCEL file. I can translate from C# if need be. Thanks for any help. Hi Amelia99, welcome to the forums. Which version of Excell do you want to use? The latest version (2003) has xml possibilities and you can download a free SDK at the microsoft site that makes it quite easy to use with vs.net 2003. It makes new project templates and one of them is for ex...

How to Create .mdb file from Excel file using C#.net
Hi all I want to create .mdb file that i have created excel feel from MS jet Database... through code behind Help me in this..  Regards RaviPlease click "mark as answer" if this post helped you. How to create an mdb file programmtically:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317881How to import Excel data into it: http://www.mikesdotnetting.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=79 Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site...

How to Create an Excel File from VB.Net
VWD 2008 Express.  Visual Basic. Is it possible to build an Excel workbook from VB code behind an aspx page.  What do I need to do?  Can anyone provide a code sample?  Thanks.Dr. Douglas PruiettGood News Jail & Prison Ministrywww.goodnewsjail.org Not knowing your exact needs, this code sample from ASPNet101.com shows how to export from a Gridview to an Excel file http://www.aspnet101.com/aspnet101/aspnet/codesample.aspx?code=gvExportExcelDavid WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Contro...

Close Excel file using VB.NET
Hi all, I need an urgent help here. I have a excel file which protected by a password, and the excel file itself already have closing code in ThisWorkbook. I need to use VB.NET to read this file, I read successfully open this file using the Workbooks.Open function and pass in the password. But whenever I want to close this excel file, it will run a dialog box. Is there any possible way to tell the dialog box "yes" or "no" using coding in .NET? I will put the closing code and my .NET code here. ================================================...

Export GridView as an Excel file using VB.NET
Hi I thought this topic would have been covered to death in Google, but I can't seem to find a simple solution for VB.NET 2.0 (found loads for C#!).  I'm using a simple gridView with an SqlDataSource, and would like a button that when clicked, creates an Excel file which the user can save. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Much appreciatedRichard You can purchase one of many components that will provide this featureYou can write code that will output the file as a CSV file with the .xsl extension then provide a link to the file for download.Or, you can write...

converting vb.net 2003 files to vb.net 2005
Hi, i am beginner..i watch videos about vb.net..they made on vs.net 2003 when i wrote these codes in 2005 ,it gives errors..is there any program which convert the code automatically?   thanks,Thanks,Speranza What videos are you talking about?  There are lots of great, up-to-date ASP.NET Videos on this site for free.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! i am talking about learnvisualstudio.net videos..Thanks,Speranza Speranza:they made on vs.net 2003 when i wrote these codes in 2005 ,it gives errors..is there a...

Trying to create a FIle Upload page using vb.net
Can someone give me some advise on what I may be doing wrong in creating the file upload below. I'm trying to create a file upload page for a site that I'm developing, and whenever I click the  "Upload Image Button" nothing happens....the image that I'm trying to upload doesn't appear as expected. I have included the VB.NET code below. Thanks  code for uploadfile.aspx.vb Public Class uploadfile1 Inherits System.Web.UI.Page #Region " Web Form Designer Generated Code " 'This call is required by the Web Form Designer. <System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThrough()> Private S...

Error in using a VB.NET .exe file on a computer that hasn't studio net installed
I've create an VB.Net Console Application and i'm trying to make the exe run on another computer that has, let's say windows 98. i've installed on this computer the net framework but it doesn't seem to be enough. what do i have to install also? i've used the following references in my application (if it has anything to do with this): Imports System.IO Imports Excel = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel I've also copied on the test computer Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll in the same folder as the exe file. It doesn't give so many error, but one: Object reference not set to an inst...

How can I create a vCalendar file using vb.net and data from my webform
Does anyone know of how or where I might get an example of how to create a vCalendar file in vb.net code using data from controls on a webform?Thank youJackxxx Jackxxx:Does anyone know of how or where I might get an example of how to create a vCalendar file in vb.net code using data from controls on a webform? Hi Jackxxx,I never use vCalendar, it seems it is the third party control. I suggest you post your question to their website, maybe you can get the best answer there.After search, here is their website link:http://www.vcalendar.org/site/faq.phpLet me know if I have misunderstood...

Problem in convert xml file (created using webservice) to datagridview(vb.net)
 i had created webservice with two functions 1 is hello which displays the text "Welcome" and 2 is GetNavisionItems which displays the database table in xml format. and publish that web site.Now i created another windows application project in vb.net by click a button i am invoking the webservice which i published.i can able to print the text "Welcome"but, i could not able to store the database table in xml format to DataGridView.now what i have to do pls suggest.below is my vb.net coding:Imports TestSample24_01_08.TestWSImports System.DataPublic Class Form1 &...

Open a excel file show it for 10 sec and then close it by using vb.net
Hello FrinedsI in a problem...The client required to open a number of excel files from a folder, show it for twenty secounds and then close it.It should happen it the cyclic manner.The page should also scroll... You can say i want to make a slide show of the excel sheet...Any kind of help would be great ThanksAmit ...

Web resources about - Need tutorial on creating Excel File using VB.NET - asp.net.integration

Wikipedia:Tutorial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wikipedia is a collaboratively edited encyclopedia to which you can contribute. This tutorial will help you become a Wikipedia contributor . ...

Facebook Publishes Local Currency Payments Tutorial For Developers
Facebook’s conversion from Facebook Credits to local currencies goes into effect Sept. 12, and the social network prepared a tutorial for developers ...

iOS Games Tutorial - Facebook-Entwickler
... gives people a social gaming experience on every mobile platform. Games can integrate with Facebook on iOS, Android and the web. This tutorial ...

Learn Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Ableton Live and more - Training and Tutorial Videos
Groove 3 is a leading provider of training and tutorial videos for today's popular music software and recording techniques. View training videos ...

iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials
News and tutorials to help you understand your Mac and other Apple Products

Tutorial: Translating Your Applications Using Facebook’s Crowd-sourced Translation Service
One of the big announcements from Facebook’s F8 developer conference last week was the launch of access to Facebook’s translation tool for third ...

Web Designer Wall – Design Trends and Tutorials
Web Designer Wall is a blog designed and maintained by Nick La. Topics focus on web design, tutorials, and modern design trends.

Barry M Lookz – Nail and Make Up Video Tutorials on the App Store on iTunes
Get Barry M Lookz – Nail and Make Up Video Tutorials on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Rites & Rituals: your video tutorial for the Clique October Challenge
A first birthday, school formal, wedding, or an early morning swim, ... your brief for the October Clique Challenge is to create an entry documenting ...

Dusk 'til Dawn: your video tutorial for the November Clique Challenge
Fairfax photographer Wolter Peeters joins us for our latest video tutorial with practical advice on making a strong photograph for your November ...