How to copy data from one excel file to other excel file

Hi

I have two excel file (Ex1 and Ex2), both have same template (headers) and data will be populated from the dataset. Upto this step its works fine.

My question : How to copy the data  form 6th row to last row of "Ex2" and paste it into the "Ex1" after the last row in Ex1.

Advance thanks

-1
SudhaYogesh
9/12/2007 11:51:30 AM
asp.net.integration 1945 articles. 0 followers. Follow

dwhite

How to copy one existing excel file contents to a new excel file?
Hi All,    I need VB code to copy sheet contents of one exisiting excel file to another new excel file.   For example: I have abc.xls file with sheet name abcd.   I want to copy the contents to xyz sheet of new excel file xyz.xls. Pls help me regarding this. Regards Abdul      Pls help me.        Which version of Excel are you using? The latest uses an XML format which can be manipulated programatically. Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, ear...

upload data from an excel file directly into db without saving the excel file
Hi, I want to give users the ability to upload an excel file and then take the data out of the first column in that excel file and insert that into my db.  NB The users will be told to only put data into the first column. I know how to put the input file on my webform and have them upload the file to the server - but i think there must be a better way as i dont want to keep the excel file - just take the info out of the column and discard the excel file. Does anyone have any ideas/tutorials on best way to do this. Thanks...   I have done similar thing, but you can not j...

Excel experts : Filling an complex Excel file and parsing a complex Excel file
I am stuck with below mentioned problem The requirement is that, we have Excel file template(.xls) which has Macros and most of the Worksheets are either hidden OR locked. When the end user clicks on a button to download it, follows modifications has to be done to the Excel sheet. Unlock the Excel worksheet, fill some data at certain cells and then lock it back Write some data into a hidden worksheet There are two options as far as I know Excel Interop/MICROSOFT Excel 11.0 Object Library  OLEDB Driver I cannot go with option 1 becaus...

Save data from html file to excel file

How to convert the html content in Excel file to csv fomat in Excel file
How to convert the html content in Excel file to csv fomat in Excel file  Hello Tapan,Can you explain what are you trying to do? Do you want to export the html content in Excel or CSV File ?Thanks,Deepesh Verma Dont forget to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers....

Got error after open excel file from server..During Export Excel File
this error appears if you have tried to save a workbook on a drive and you do not have Modify and Delete permissions to the location where the file is being saved. It is also possible that another user has a read lock on the file.Excel saves a file using three steps (if the file already exists in the target location):Creates a temporary file with a randomly generated name, such as 4CCA4100.Deletes the original file.Renames the temporary file to the original file name.If Excel cannot delete the original file or cannot rename the temporary file, this error message appears.To temporarily work a...

Importing data from either Excel Files or CSV files
Hi, I am having trouble uploading data from Excel/CSV files.  Any idea how I can get my ASP.NET application to do this?  Also, I need to transfer the data into SQL Server tables.  Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.  Thank you, Jules  this link help youhttp://www.codeproject.com/cs/database/CsvReader.asp  Try this one... its a good option http://www.codeproject.com/cs/database/FinalCSVReader.asp Thank you Bupender Thanks chrisjob012!  Mark as answer if reply helped you  this gives us the confident to reply further I am new to progra...

HOW TO INSERT DATA INTO AN EXCEL FILE AND MAIL THIS FILE AS AN ATTACHMENT
DEAR READER I AM SUSHEEL SINGH. MY PROBLEM IS THAT HOW CAN I INSERT DATA INTO AN EXCEL FILE FROM A DATABASE AND HOW TO SEND THIS FILE AS AN ATTACHMENT  ON SERVER-SIDE. IF YOU HAVE ANY SOLUTION PLEASE REPLY ME. I WILL BE THANKFULL TO YOU.   REGARDS SUSHEEL SINGH If you can utilize the excel xml formats this can be achieved by using xslt and the standard mail apis...

Is there a routine to copy an excel file into a txt tabulate file ?
Hi everybody, In a powerbuider software, instead of loading data from a txt tabulated file, I would like to execute a free routine (with parameters coming from PB variables) which could copy xls or xlsx data into a txt tabulated file. This would avoid to ask users to save their data into a specific txt format which is quite unknown to them. Sorry for my bad english ! I hope there is an easy solution ! Many thanks for your help. Didier Riche ( www.expertizers.com from Paris, France ! Hi Didier ; How about importing the Excel file into a DW object within a hidden DataStore? Th...

Existing excel file... how to copy data
Hi! I've an excel file that create a charts from the data that I have in 2 columns.How Can I copy some data from an ASP.NET page in the existing excel file... and open it for allow the user to see the charts??Thanks Somebody can help me??I still have this problem :( I'm not quite sure what you're trying to accomplish. Couldn't you just let users download the excel file?Visit my blog Yes, but before open the files, I must copy my dateset datas in a specifi column of my excel file!Thanks for reply! I think the way I would approach this is to use something like...

Copying more than one file using File::Copy
Good day=3B I apologize in advance if this is a very stupid question=85 I=27m trying to concatenate two files and have the results written to a = third file=2E = Maybe I=27m missing something obvious=2E=2E=2E but in Perldoc for File=3A= =3ACopy I = read=3A =22The copy function takes two parameters=3A a file to copy from = and = a file to copy to=2E=22 What can I do if I have a second file I want to copy from=3F (i=2Ee=2E Li= ke = DOS copy command=3A c=3A=5C file1=2Etxt + file2=2Etxt file3=2Etxt will co= py the = contents of file1=2Etxt =26 file2=2Etxt and put the...

How to Create .mdb file from Excel file using C#.net
Hi all I want to create .mdb file that i have created excel feel from MS jet Database... through code behind Help me in this..  Regards RaviPlease click "mark as answer" if this post helped you. How to create an mdb file programmtically:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317881How to import Excel data into it: http://www.mikesdotnetting.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=79 Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site...

How to merge sheets from multiple excel files into one .xls file?
 I have several excel spreadsheet fils, each of them contains multiple work sheets that may storing images or data. How could I merge all of these work sheets to just one .xls file and keep their original layout and style using asp.net?  Thanks in advance. you can readand write data using ADO.Net refer my articles http://www.aspsnippets.com/post/2009/02/04/Read-Excel-using-ADONet.aspx http://www.aspsnippets.com/post/2009/01/31/Export-Data-To-Excel-using-ADONet.aspxMAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP ASP/ASP.NetASP.Net Hosting : Host DepotMy Site : ASPSnippets T...

ADO.Net for Excel files
I wrote a windows form application in C# that uses ADO.Net to read from an Excel file. I receive xls files but have to manually save them as xlsx files because I can't get the program to read xls files (I get "External table is not in the expected format"). As an aside, for broadest .net compatibility, I set each of the Projects (which create assemblies/dlls) for the application to .net framework 2.0. I have 2 questions: 1. How can I get my program to read xls files when Excel 2007 is installed? 2. How can I support environments where Excel 2002 and Excel 2003 are installe...