Converting Excel 2003/97 to 2007 (.xls to .xlsx) without using Excel

Hi

I need to find out if it's possible to convert Excel 2003/97 files (.xls) extension into 2007 (.xlsx). I know this can be done with Office Excel 2007 (in fact, .xls can be opened with 2007 and Saved As a .xlsx), but I need to do this from a server that does not have Microsoft Excel installed. I've searched and found many complete tool for going from newer version to older version as well, but none of them is providing the code for it.

Please tell me if it's possible, or if there's a place/site that I should be looking. Thanks

0
metaedge_danny
2/26/2009 1:24:04 AM
asp.net.integration 1945 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Still Looking for Solution >_<  ... anyone got a clue?

0
metaedge_danny

Export GridView to Excel (xlsx, Excel 2007 Format)
Hi again, I was looking online for a way to export gridview to excel in Excel 2007 Format (xlsx). I could only find one solution, gridviewtoexcel. Is this the only way to do it? ThanksBullpitThanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! Hey Bullpit,Please, do the following : 1st in the html side of your page write this ... <%@ Page Language="VB" EnableEventValidation ="false"  AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="marquee.aspx.vb" Inherits="marquee" %>2nd this is the vb code protected void btnSubmit_Click(object sender, ImageClickEventAr...

MS Excel 2003 and 2007 integration
Hello, I want my string that work for both MS EXCEL 2003 and 2007? Is it possible that my application compitable with all version??Any help will be appriciated  Thanks ~~ Please mark the post as ANSWER if it helps you ~~  Any idea, how to get the installed version of Excel??? ~~ Please mark the post as ANSWER if it helps you ~~ Hi galaxy_thestars39, You can always get the installing information by reading the registry. However, I'm not sure the application has the required permissions. To get the version information of Excel, please check this link: http://xlden...

How to find the cellvalue in an excel without using Excel application object.
hi everyone, i have an excel sheet in my local system where in there are some values in the Excel.Now i need to open the excel and read the values with out using the Excel application object. for Eg:when i enter a value and send that value as an input and that should search the excel sheet if that entered input is present in the Excel or not. Please help me out with this problem.i'll be so thankfull to you.  thanks Vishal...

To select excel sheet in a excel work book using VB.NET
Hi, i would like to fetch the data from different sheets in an Excel workbook. Can anyone give me an idea and the code to do so using  VB.NET.   Looking forward to an early reply..  Thanks,Sravan Kumar. hi, try this "select * from sheet1" -- get data from sheet 1 "select * from sheet2" -- get data from sheet 2"Mark as Answer" -- on the post that helps youRKChaudary...

Problem with using the data in Excel 97 thru Excel ODBC driver
Hi, I am working on an application which reads data from Excel 7.0 thru Intersolv ODBC driver to Excel 97 thru Microsoft Excel file driver. Some of the data becomes missing when I tried to open the name ranges from PowerBuilder 6.5 or 5.004. Does anyone know if PB support Excel 97 at all? Thanks. On Wed, 09 Dec 1998 14:30:19 -0500, tsai <mftsai@ibm.net> wrote: > Does anyone know if PB support Excel 97 at all? > Yes, absolutely, pb 4.0 through 6.5 does support Excel 7. > I am working on an application which reads data from Excel 7.0 thru >Intersol...

how to deploy excel object on windows 2003 server without installing excel on it
Hi all,I am using excel application object in my asp.net web sit app.if I install excel on my system it works absolutely..fine.But I need to deploy the app on our server where microsoft office (excel) and VS 2005 wont be installed ..I should be able to run it locally and remotely as it is a website..Guys is there any way to add or register kind of thing..help me asap How are you calling the excel object? Something like below?Dim oExcel As Excel.ApplicationoExcel = New Excel.Application For this you need to add a reference to a DLL in your VS project, when you deply, the DLL will ...

"member not found " in Excel 2003 but not in Excel 2007 [Edit]
Hi, a simple Delphi code imports data and plots in excel 2003 since many years! But in excel 2007 breaks the program with the error "member not found": As soon as i try to pass a range to a Series chart.SeriesCollection.Item[i].XValues := Rng; --> "member not found" as already mentioned excel 2003 understands it! Next i tried to see if something is changed in Excel recording Macros in Excel 2003 and Excel 2007, but are the same!. Any idea? Hassan Edited by: Hassan Majedi on May 19, 2010 6:09 AM Hassan Majedi <> wrote in news:2443...

Import excel file using sql query without installing excel on the server
Hi, I want to import excel file using sql query. MS Excel is not installed on the server. I am using sql server 2005. I do not want to achieve this by code. I want it using sql query only.  I have used openrowset but it requires MS Excel to be installed on the server. Thanks, Ashish.    Ashish Chaugule ashish_chaugule: Hi, I want to import excel file using sql query. MS Excel is not installed on the server. I am using sql server 2005. I do not want to achieve this by code. I want it using sql query only.  I have used openrowset but it requires M...

Error in Excel when using Excel
 Hello All, I am using ASP.NET 1.1 and I have a data upload component while it allows users to upload Excel files. I tried on my development PC and its ok. When I transfered it over to the server, it does not work. It throws me the following error: COM object with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} is either not valid or not registered  I believe its due to Excel not installed on the web server right? How I go about resolving it without installing Excel on the web server? Anyone has any previous experience?  Please advise me. Thank you.  Sincerely Yours, Ab...

Convert Excel (or Dataset) to PDF using C#.NET
Is there any option in .NET 2005 to generate PDF files either using an Excel sheet or a dataset? Not natively, but a ton of third party tools/components exist. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. None built in ..you will have to get some 3rd party component. I don't know of anything that is free Jeev~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer. Hi,  There are two processes to achieve it. Yo...

.net Reportviewer export to excel using office 2007
Using vb.net, i had designed a matrix report, which is viewed using the report viewer. The column of the matrix report exceeds more than 256 columns.So while exporting to excel i am getting error "the number of columns in Excel sheet exceeded the limit of 256 columns" As the maximum number of columns restriction is resolved in office 2007. I had installed office Excel 2007 and office 2003 in the client machine, but the export is using the Excel 2003 to render. How to tell the "Export to excel" function in the report viewer to use the office 2007 for rendering? ...

using late binding how to add dataset to excel sheet(ie without specifying excel version)
Hi i had an assignment that to fetch a dataset and put it into excel sheet.my main problem is that i want to know how to use late binding so that any version of excel works on my code....

How to export the datagridview data to excel 97-2003 in VB.net
Hi Friends, I have a gridview in window application(vb.net). I need to download the data in the gridview to any of this excel version. So please send me the code if any.   Thanks, venkat..    Hi venkatramcse, This is ASP.NET forum which is talking about web application. If you mean windows application, please paste post in MSDN forum. Here is a sample about exporting GridView to Excel: Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)     ExportExcel("test", GridView1) End Sub Public Sub ExportExcel(ByVal f...

Convert an Excel Chart to Image by using Aspose.Cells for .NET
Purpose This document is designed to provide the developers with a detailed understanding on how an excel chart can be exported as an image. Introduction Charts are visually appealing and make it easy for users to see comparisons, patterns, and trends in data. For instance, rather than having to analyze several columns of worksheet numbers, you can see at a glance whether sales are falling or rising over quarterly periods, or how the actual sales compare to the projected sales. Sometimes, you do need to present the chart in your applications or web pages. You might need to insert it into...

Web resources about - Converting Excel 2003/97 to 2007 (.xls to .xlsx) without using Excel - asp.net.integration

PastBook’s Filepicker.io Integration Eases Process Of Converting Facebook Content To Books
PastBook , one of several companies that allow Facebook users to publish their content on the social network in actual books , announced the ...

Zwartz Laminating-Converting B.V. on the App Store on iTunes
Get Zwartz Laminating-Converting B.V. on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

"Occupier" Thanked Former Soviet Citizen for "Converting" Him to Capitalism, Pro-Israel, Pro-USA - YouTube ...
May Day Demonstration on Union Square in New York City Zionism & Birth of Modern Israel in 1948: Former Soviet Citizen Pays Tribute to Ben-Gurion ...