Visual Web Dev and SQL Server 2005 Dev

I have SQL Server 2005 Developer installed. If I want to install and use Visual Web Developer can I use it with my version of SQL Server? Do I have to install SQL Sever Express? What if any are the disadvantages?

0
teberwe

No need, you can go ahead with your developer edition of sql server 2005. SQL express is  the scaled down version of actual SQL Server as what we had earlier in the name MSDE
Ashok Raja
www.iGold.in

This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved.
0
AshokRaja
4/12/2007 5:44:12 AM

Thxs that's good news. I was a little concerned due to the Microsoft saying there was no SQL Server 2005 integration for Express products. This statement can be found on their http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx Product Comparison web page.

Is it complicated to get SQL Server 2005 Developer working with Visual Web Developer? I noticed there is a blog http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/08/25/423703.aspx  "Configuring ASP.NET 2.0 Application Services to use SQL Server 2000 or SQL Server 2005". I assume this might be helpful.

I'm going to install  Visual Web Developer today.

0
teberwe
4/12/2007 1:42:28 PM
I have worked on this combination.It is not a problem you can go ahead. What microsoft have specified in the Product catalog is the additional sql server product available along with the main pack (VS) as an add on.
Ashok Raja
www.iGold.in

This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved.
0
AshokRaja

Install SQL Server 2005 Beta and Vis. Web Dev Exp 2005 on Same box
I have had troubles with my install. I had previously installed (and been using) SQL Server 2005 Beta on a development/test machine. (running XP Pro SP2) After downloading/attempting to install VWD 2005 Beta I was informed that the .NET Framework 2.0 already existed, but no other warnings. In a leap of faith I tried uninstalling the Framework and then installed VWD, which did work with no apparent errors. After install I noticed several problems. 1) VWD does not load/launch properly.  It gave several errors on load. 2) SQL Server 2005 Beta no longer worked. 3) It did not appear t...

Visual Web Dev Express 2008 and SQL server Express 2005 database connection problem
Apologies if this has already been covered, i can't find any search function on the forum. I have a somewhat annoying problem with the above software. I use Vista Home Premium x64 and have decided to install VWD 2008 and SQL2005 to learn ASP and SQL development. I only have a moderate undertanding of standard HTML and would like to expand my knowledge.  It is the final non-beta version of VWD 2008. The install went fine and no errors were shown. After trying to connect to the database via the ASP.NET application tool in VWD it gives an "unable to connect to the database ...

Visual Web Dev 2005 Express & SQL 2005 Express
Last week I downloaded and installed Vis Web Dev Express 2005 and have it running absolutely fine.  2 days later I downloaded the most recent SQL Server Express but when I try to install it, I get a message saying it has "detected incompatible beta components fromVisual Studio or SQL Server" and that I must "run the build clean up wizard from the cd."  Since I downloaded both parts I dont have a cd.  I dont particularly want to uninstall webdev express because the download was so slow the first time and it doesn't leave an install file for reinstallation.  What's my best ...

New Install VS 2005 Pro & SQL Server 2005 Dev Problem
   VS looks OK and MSSQLSERVER and SQLEXPRESS etc. show in ‘Services/Local’ as started/automatic.   I am trying to do Management Studio Tutorial. For the change from SEM.   The problem is in opening SQL Server Management Studio there is a dialog ‘Connect to Server’ showing Type = Database engine,  Authentication = Windows Authentication,  Server name = blank.   When I enter Server name = MSSQLSERVER and press Connect I get an error message ‘Cannot connect to MSSQLSERVER… Error 53.   How do I get to see the tutorial and recognise the SQL? &nb...

Installing .NET Framework, Sql Server 2005 Express, and Visual Studio 2005 Professional
Will someone please offer some advice, a walkthrough, or something to help me through this?  I installed all three of these pieces (.NET, SQL Server 2005 Express, and VS 2005 Professional) onto a WinXP box.  I was unable to get it to work.  It kept throwing SQL errors when I tried to run the security setup for the Personal Website Starter Kit.  So, I uninstalled everything except .NET and reinstalled.  At this point I was able to get to the setup, but unable to add users.  It doesn't throw errors or anything, it just doesn't do anything.  I really re...

During installation of Visual Web Developer, SQL Server 2005 Express x86 failed to install
I download the ISO file for Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition. I am installing it on a standalone computer in a lab. For security reasons, the standalone computer is not allowed to have Internet access, thus the reason for using the ISO to install. The standalone computer is: Windows 2000 (5.00.2195 Service Pack 4) (not server OS, desktop OS) It has SQL Server 2000 installed along with Enterprise Manager, etc. The installation of the Windows Installer, the NET Framework and Visual Web Developer went fine. But...SQL Server 2005 failed to install.  As far as I can tell, there...

Can't create mdf db in vs 2005
I have sql server 2005 dev installed. When I click on app_data in vs2005 - and say create new db. It says I need sql server 2005 express installed? Can't you do this with sql server 2005 dev? Maybe its possible with a creative way, but at least by default and with the doc, nope. MDF auto-attach databases are SQL server Express territory. I belive using your method, you have to use SQL Server Express to run this database. If you want to run it on SQL Server, then you should create it there and connect it to your application. Regards,...

SQL Server 2005, Visual Studio Web server vs IIS 5 / 6: logging into SQL Server
If you are writing code that involves, for example, ADO.NET transactions, be aware:1) If you are using Visual Studio 2005's internal server, this uses the Windows account of the logged in user to access SQL Server 2005. Therefore your permission settings, for example denying an insert or update, will be ignored.2) If you are using IIS 5 or 6 as your Web server, the ASPNET (IIS 5) / NETWORK SERVICE (IIS 6) account is used and so your permission settings will be acted upon.Find out the Windows account being used by running SQL Profiler when debugging.Hope this helps. ...

Can't seem to install SQL server 2005? Install completes, but where is SQL Server 2005
I went to one of the Microsoft "Ready To Launch" events over a year ago. Microsoft was gracious and gave everyone who attended a free copy of Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005. I have installed the Visual Studio and use it all of the time. I also installed the SQL server 2005 but I can not find the application on my computer. After the install the only items that appear to have been installed are the following: SQL Server Configuration tools(SQL Server Configuration manager,SQL Server  Error and usage reporting, SQL Server surface area confiuration, Reporting Services configu...

Migrating Dev/SQL Express 2005 website to IIS server/SQL server 2000
    I have VS.net 2005 and SQL Sever Express 2005 on my Dev workstation, created a new web site based on the Personal site starter kit. I have a Windows 2003 Server running IIS and SQL Server 2000 which I want to move the app to. So the first thing I did was to create a new database on SQL Server 2000, ran the Personal-add.sql Script, and forgot what I had to do to get the ASPNETDB database in place, copied the data, and updated the web.config file's connection string to connect to the SQL Server 2000.  So the web site on the dev PC can connect to the SQL Server 2000 data...

Errors from Visual Web Dev 2005 Express just installed.
I have just installed Visual Web Dev 2005 Express and  Visual Studio C#.  I try to build the first website from an example using the Personal Website Starter Kit. It invites me to hit Ctrl-F5 to get it going.  The result is an error: could not find library 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\System.EnterpriseServices\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.EnterpriseServices.dll' and: error CS0006: Metadata file 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\System.EnterpriseServices\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.EnterpriseServices.dll' could not be found Now, this is g...

Web resources about - Visual Web Dev and SQL Server 2005 Dev - asp.net.installation-setup

Visual Basic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Visual Basic was derived from BASIC and enables the rapid application development (RAD) of graphical user interface (GUI) applications, access ...

Microsoft’s Android emulator coming soon to Mac as it open-sources Visual Studio Code
During Microsoft’s Connect 2015 event today live from New York, the company announced it is open-sourcing its Visual Studio Code program for ...

The Secret to Collaboration: Visual Technology Plus In-Person Interactions
Collaborating with colleagues in one office can be a challenge in and of itself. Add in co-workers spread across other cities, states and countries, ...

Pinterest Introduces Visual Search Tool for Finding Items Without Text
Pinterest has announced the introduction of a visual search tool for its platform on mobile and the Web, allowing users to search for items contained ...

Visual Studio now supports debugging Linux apps; Code editor now open source
The Visual Studio Code editor, now open source, editing TypeScript on OS X. (credit: Microsoft) NEW YORK—Developers can now debug apps running ...

How to Stop Visual Hacking. Yes, That’s a Thing!
... you or your company from the high-tech hackers of the world, but it means nothing if someone can simply steal information with a glance. Visual ...

3 New BMW i Videos — High-Quality Visuals Delve Into i3 Details
... videos from the German company. Possibly worth watching — or, probably, if you’re a fan of the company and/or the i3. They’re very visually ...

Apple’s cosmic iPad Pro ad will blow you away with stunning visuals
... new iPad Pro was revealed by Apple today and it’s just as stunning as the new tablet’s epic display. Apple’s new ad features some cosmic visuals ...

The Good Dinosaur's Visual Grandeur Makes Up For Its Lack Of Wit
One of the constant accolades Pixar receives about its movies is that they’re not made just for kids. This is meant as a compliment: While they’re ...

A couple of age-gated visual novels are on sale on Steam
... ass god damn Clannad eyes got me thinking; I'm not sure about what, but I'll get back to you if I figure it out. Anyways, a couple more visual ...